Sep 10 2011
By: jmdortch44 First Son 3 posts

Full Game Trial/Purchase Help?

4 replies 77 views Edited Sep 10, 2011

Alright, so a few days ago, I subscribed to PlayStation Plus. After subscribing, I downloaded the full game trial of Borderlands because a couple of my friends have it and love it. No big deal. Well, after playing it, I decided I wanted to buy it. Now, once you've downloaded the trial, once it's expired and you buy the full game, you don't have to download it. So here's the issue: right after I bought the game, I activated it, and started playing. Played for a couple hours at least. THen I turned off the system and went to bed. I just got back on to play some more, and the only version of the game on my system is the expired trial. The full version is not on my downloads list, even though in my transaction history, it shows that I bought it. What happened? It's too late for me to call support, so I'm hoping there's a simple fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do not want to have to pay 30 bucks again.

Message 1 of 5 (77 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Re: Full Game Trial/Purchase Help?

Sep 10, 2011

Users with the same issue have been discussing in this thread (http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3889026?tstart=0).

Not sure if you will find your answer there or if ultimately you are going to have to call Sony.  If there were more issues reported, I would suspect that Trials are jacked up the same way auto updates are for some users due to 3.70 firmware.

Message 2 of 5 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 10, 2011

It's likely the answer is in that thread. I read the initial question before posting, but determined it was just different enough from my question that it couldn't hurt to ask. I ended up calling Sony this morning. The guy was really cool and said this was common with people who got the full game trial and then decided to buy the full game. I guess its best, before you purchase the full version, to delete the game from your system, both in the game listing on the XMB menu, but also in the game data utility. Although that means you have to sit through the download twice, it's better than dealing with this. Ultimately, Sony is going to decide whether or not to refund the $29.99 to my wallet and let me buy it again. SO we will see.

Message 3 of 5 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Sep 10, 2011

going to deicide????? i wouldnt have hung up that phone till they told me they would

Message 4 of 5 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Sep 11, 2011

Honestly I'm thinking the guy said that just because he has to go along with the terms of service and user agreement. He seemed pretty positive I would get the money back to re-purchase it.

Message 5 of 5 (77 Views)
0 Likes