Aug 24 2012
By: only1leroy First Son 4 posts

Friends list

12 replies 134 views Edited Aug 24, 2012

When will there be a much needed improvement to the friends list, or are there no plans to do so. I mean ps3 has been out for a long time and nothing has been changed about the friends list in the way of improvements. I believe we should have more than 100 friends Max and also maybe the ability to group our friends. Both of these things were accomplished in AOL which some ps3 owners never even heard of.  

Message 1 of 13 (134 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28804 posts

Re: Friends list

Aug 24, 2012

Well maybe you shouldn't be adding everyone and anyone to your friends list. 

Message 2 of 13 (131 Views)
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Aug 24, 2012

only1leroy wrote:

When will there be a much needed improvement to the friends list, or are there no plans to do so. I mean ps3 has been out for a long time and nothing has been changed about the friends list in the way of improvements. I believe we should have more than 100 friends Max and also maybe the ability to group our friends. Both of these things were accomplished in AOL which some ps3 owners never even heard of.  

I seriously doubt people actually KNOW of 100 people IRL personally.

That said..... I have my list maxed out and yet I only play with the same 8 people.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 13 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Aug 24, 2012
They probably should increase the capacity for friends. However, 100 is a whole lot. Maybe the PS3 doesn't have enough RAM to simultaneously run XMB and a friend list consisting of more than 100 people while also running a game or video app? It could just be a matter of that.
Message 4 of 13 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
9329 posts

Aug 24, 2012

only1leroy wrote:

If you are into Playstation Home like me, then you do need more than 100 people on your friends list. I am in 3 clubs in Playstation Home. In one club, about 20 of us meet in HOME to talk about all the new games and things you can get in the Playstation Store, and of course we talk about the new things in HOME. I personally own a "Free Stuff" cllubhouse in HOME where I help people get the dozens of free items in HOME.

If all you use PS3 for is just games, then you do not need 100 people on your friends list. But if you use the "Social Network" that is Playstation Home, then you need way more that 100 people on your friends list.

Image20111224195109927.jpg

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 5 of 13 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Aug 24, 2012
lol see i said the same thing
Message 6 of 13 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Aug 24, 2012

iBOCK_ wrote:
They probably should increase the capacity for friends. However, 100 is a whole lot. Maybe the PS3 doesn't have enough RAM to simultaneously run XMB and a friend list consisting of more than 100 people while also running a game or video app? It could just be a matter of that.

i never really considered this... who knows

Message 7 of 13 (114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 24, 2012

I am not adding everyone I know to my friends list but if you play MW3 and your in a clan you will have at least 25 MW3 friends so that only leaves 75 friends for every other online ps3 game on the market.

Also I am positive that my ps3 has more ram than the first computer that I used which ran AOL and other sites at the same time and it only had Kbs of memory.

Message 8 of 13 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2664 posts

Aug 25, 2012

only1leroy wrote:

I am not adding everyone I know to my friends list but if you play MW3 and your in a clan you will have at least 25 MW3 friends so that only leaves 75 friends for every other online ps3 game on the market.

Also I am positive that my ps3 has more ram than the first computer that I used which ran AOL and other sites at the same time and it only had Kbs of memory.

and the most you can play with im mw3 is what, 6? i know you cant play with all 25 at the same time.

Message 9 of 13 (86 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 1, 2012

So what your suggesting is that I delete everyone who I am not currently playing with at this second. You are a complete idiot and I will no longer respond to your asinine statements.

Message 10 of 13 (66 Views)
0 Likes