Jul 05 2012
By: Salesmunn Uncharted Territory 1700 posts

Friendly Reminder! Unit 13 is $19.99 at Gamestop today!

[ Edited ]
10 replies 591 views Edited Jul 5, 2012

Don't forget, Unit 13 is 50% off at Gamestop $19.99 ONLY TODAY!  Go get it!

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/unit-13/98900

Website says it's $19.99 online and $39.99 in-store but that is incorrect.  It's $19.99 in-store and online.

Message 1 of 11 (591 Views)
MVP Support
10200 posts

Re: Friendly Reminder! Unit 13 is $19.99 at Gamestop today!

Jul 5, 2012
Message 2 of 11 (590 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Jul 5, 2012

thetruthho wrote:

1. FlashPlayer.  To launch the Vita without it was crazy with the SmartPhone market as a major rival, and the browser needs this sorely! The YouTube app doesn't make up for the lack of this at all! I mean there's more to the web than just YouTube.

Adobe dropped Flash not Sony. Wrong post to put this in also.
Message 3 of 11 (574 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jul 5, 2012

I'd like to get this game as the price is great. However, it's unavailable for in-store pickup and their in-store price is 39.99.

I'm still going to ask them to match their website when I go today to pickup MK.

I just hate paying shipping when the **bleep** game is sitting on their shelf less than a mile from me.

Any idea what shipping from Gamestop generally costs? I can live with 2 or 3 bucks.

Message 4 of 11 (554 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jul 5, 2012

They bleeped d a m n ?!?!?!?

Whatever.

Message 5 of 11 (553 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1700 posts

Jul 5, 2012

thetruthho wrote:
Improvements needed for PS Vita!

Hi everyone I'm not trying  to cause any drama. I just want to let Sony know what me and others feel is wrong with the PS Vita and, what we want out of it!  Otherwise I and believe me others are going to leave PS as a brand alone! I have a Sony xperia play as do others and feel let down by your lack of support of it aswell! We want better than what we are getting Sony and if we get the things that make us happy you will gain a lot more customers!

1. FlashPlayer.  To launch the Vita without it was crazy with the SmartPhone market as a major rival, and the browser needs this sorely! The YouTube app doesn't make up for the lack of this at all! I mean there's more to the web than just YouTube.

2. PS2 and PS3 games. I and others like me didn't pay 250 or better to play just PSP and PS1 games! We want the good stuff Sony and deserve it since none of your big studios seem to take the Vita seriously!

3. Your big Studios need to start making the Vita's games. This is without question!

4. The Memory cards are too expensive! the thing that has kept me and others from buying more games is, the price of the memory cards.

5. Playstion+ support for the Vita to not do this is foolish!

If Sony address the above issues they won't be able to keeep Vita's stocked on shelves they'll be selling so fast!

I don't know wht this has to do with Unit 13 being only $19.99 today but, I'll respond anyway.

thetruthho wrote:

I'd rather Sony spend their time and money on more games.

thetruthho wrote:

2. PS2 and PS3 games. I and others like me didn't pay 250 or better to play just PSP and PS1 games! We want the good stuff Sony and deserve it since none of your big studios seem to take the Vita seriously!

I agree that more games > less games however I would love to see Sony re-release the most-popular PSP games, clean them up slightly ad  add trophy support.  I doubt that will happen as they seem to have a heck of a hard time even getting new PSP games to run on the Vita!

thetruthho wrote:

3. Your big Studios need to start making the Vita's games. This is without question!

I honestly feel that we need more smaller bite-sized games.  I'd rather see more mobile games on the Vita with new features and trophy support similar to Treasures of Montezuma, etc.

thetruthho wrote:

4. The Memory cards are too expensive! the thing that has kept me and others from buying more games is, the price of the memory cards.

Yes, I think the memory cards are slightly too expensive but games on PSN are the big problem, too expensive and NO SALES!  I bought Unit 13 today for $19.99 and would've loved to have downloaded it for $20 instead.  I had to buy Wipeout 2048 and Hot Shots golf at retail instead of download because they were also $19.99 instead of a rediculous $35 on the PS Store.

thetruthho wrote:

5. Playstion+ support for the Vita to not do this is foolish! 

Sony should allow PS+ members free access to all of the PS1 games on the store and on their Vita.  That would go a long way as a start.

Message 6 of 11 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1700 posts

Jul 5, 2012

kstedy wrote:

I'd like to get this game as the price is great. However, it's unavailable for in-store pickup and their in-store price is 39.99.

I'm still going to ask them to match their website when I go today to pickup MK.

I just hate paying shipping when the **bleep** game is sitting on their shelf less than a mile from me.

Any idea what shipping from Gamestop generally costs? I can live with 2 or 3 bucks.

NO, I called Gamestop and they said the price in-store is the same as online.  Call your local store and confirm, i got it in-store for $19.99 this morning.

Message 7 of 11 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
400 posts

Jul 5, 2012
This right here is why digital downloads will never catch on in their current form. $19.99 for a physical copy or $34.99 for a digital copy and the price of a large enough memory card to store it. It's a great deal for a pretty good game.
Message 8 of 11 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Jul 5, 2012

EB/GameStop Canada is not on sale as of yet. I called the store and they told me to call back tomorrow just incase it is last min added to the sale.

Message 9 of 11 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Jul 5, 2012

just got mine at gamestop earlier, it was even less than 20 dollars, they gave me a discount cause it was the opened display

Message 10 of 11 (525 Views)
0 Likes