Nov 09 2013
By: Godzilla_KOM Splicer 64 posts

Friend's list question..........

7 replies 169 views Edited Nov 9, 2013

I have noticed that there is no longer a one hundred friend limit on PSN. I can see all of my friends on my Vita but not on my PS3. I heard that the PS3 will still have a one hundred friend limit but that the player can edit and create a custom friends list that will always show up on the PS3. How do you set this up? THanks.

photo Ratchetsig_zpsc653250f.png
Message 1 of 8 (169 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13733 posts

Re: Friend's list question..........

Nov 9, 2013
You can't create a list as far as I know. The FAQ states friends will be listed in alphabetic order
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 8 (166 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9305 posts

Nov 9, 2013

From what i hear you will be able to edit your list but not now.

KANE-FIRE

Message 3 of 8 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3789 posts

Nov 9, 2013
The way I understand it is that we will be able to create groups and put or friends in each on the PS4. Not sure about the vita.
Message 4 of 8 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20477 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2013

You'll be able to choose who shows up in your PS3 list at a later date, most likely when the PS4 comes out.

As of now, you can have more than 100 friends, but you can't choose who you see in that group of 100. As of now, the PS3 automatically filters people into and out of your friend list. In order for this to refresh, you need to sign out of PSN and sign back in. It will not automatically filter out names if you remain signed into PSN. This can cause issues if someone who is not filtered in signs in and you can have no idea whether or not they are online unless you sign out yourself. You also cannot see the status of friend requests you sent and whether or not someone has accepted you if you have over 100 friends.

It's pretty inconsistent and not very practical, but that's what you need to deal with for now.

Message 5 of 8 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3228 posts

Nov 9, 2013

yea i dont normally keep more than 10 people on my freinds list anyway so i dont know.

Message 6 of 8 (149 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9825 posts

Nov 9, 2013

Godzilla_KOM wrote:

I have noticed that there is no longer a one hundred friend limit on PSN. I can see all of my friends on my Vita but not on my PS3. I heard that the PS3 will still have a one hundred friend limit but that the player can edit and create a custom friends list that will always show up on the PS3. How do you set this up? THanks.

Joystiq.com says:

"PlayStation socialites can add 2000 of their nearest and dearest to their PSN friends list, after Sony activated the previously-announced limit increase this week. You can begin cultivating your buddy list via the Vita ahead of the PS4's launch next week, but the PS3 XMB still supports up to 100 pals only."

"If your friend count goes over the 100 mark on PS4 or Vita, PS3 servers will automatically filter in active friends on the XMB. According to PlayStation Europe Community Manager Chris Owen, you'll be able to lock a preset PS3 friends list if you so wish. Additionally, Sony is planning support to display all of your friends in "most applications and games" on the system, but some games will keep to the 100 friends limit."

excellent

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 7 of 8 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
52 posts

Nov 9, 2013

As far as i know PS3 friends list is still limited to 100 BTW i heard PS4 friends list online will be 2000 & you can set the maximum you want up to 2000 if you just want 500 friends on your PS4 friends list & if you have to pay to play online on PS4 ill pay as always the PS4 is worth it ill be on BF4 & Cod Ghosts on christmas morning Outlast looks a great game for PS4 another game to pre order

Message 8 of 8 (110 Views)
0 Likes