Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 18 2013
By: scottyMahoney First Son 1 posts

Freezing

3 replies 76 views Edited Feb 18, 2013
I need some help please, i recently got my playstation online for the first time its an original 80G and i download the netflix software and the playstation shop. After a while it loses the internet connection and when i turn it on again it freezes on the glittery ribbon home page bit!! Iv had to reset the entire systen losing 5 yrs of music and game saves!! Im just about over nearly crying about this but the freezing keeps happening! I also updated to the newest edition... Im about one more time away from putting a brick through it!! Please any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (76 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

Re: Freezing

Feb 18, 2013

upgrade the hdd.... symptoms are very indicative of a failing hdd.... 

next time don't put anything you cherish on the PS3.... especially the older ones, as they're known to be VERY unreliable.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (71 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Replace the thermal paste.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (50 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 1, 2013

I have the same problem when connecting to a wifi hotspot. It can be loading the HDMI or checking for corruption, but it only freezes during the ribbon every time. someone please help, Ive still got thirty dollars on psn.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (27 Views)
0 Likes