Wastelander
710 posts

Re: Free warhawk plus dlc no longer free.

Jul 8, 2010

MainEv3nt_69 wrote:

Finaldeath1689 wrote:

Thanks for the post jc ill try again, maybe i was just clicking the wrong dlc.

Edit: nope, i just selected all 3 (and the pack one) and none have the free version.

I should just contact support because this is obviously a bug. (unfair one at that since i paid for ps+)

maybe you dont get it free because you didnt have plus when that offer was there

Others are still able to get it fine, and either way, i was under the impression that freebies/discounts lasted the whole month not for a week.

Message 11 of 26 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4883 posts

Jul 8, 2010
Maybe he's right finaldeath, they did say content introduced prior to your membership start would not be accessible. That DLC might be one of those whereas the themes, and other core content will stay for the entire month.
Message 12 of 26 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Jul 8, 2010

SpyDudeFX wrote:
Maybe he's right finaldeath, they did say content introduced prior to your membership start would not be accessible. That DLC might be one of those whereas the themes, and other core content will stay for the entire month.

I don't see why 1 dlc wouldn't be available when the others that were added the same update are still available. That dlc was the most expensive (thus most worth getting peice this month) freebie yet, so this month was somewhat of a loss for me, but owell i guess.

Message 13 of 26 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2575 posts

Jul 9, 2010

footballrule wrote:

igniteryan wrote:

Sorry to hear that I thought it would remain free as well.

This is why I am automatically purchasing all free Plus items. Even if I don't download them now, if I ever want them in the future I can just go to my download list and grab them again

I do the same thing!

I as well

Prime copy

Message 14 of 26 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Jul 9, 2010

SpyDudeFX wrote:

Are you saying if I buy PS+ now I cant get wipeout HD?

Message 15 of 26 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jul 9, 2010

tigown wrote:

SpyDudeFX wrote:

Are you saying if I buy PS+ now I cant get wipeout HD?

I don't think that's what he meant, especially since he said "other core content".

I bought Plus on July 2nd and the Warhawk DLC was in the Plus section of the Store for me.  Since I already bought it a long time ago and I still had it on my HDD I had no reason to select it again for download, but it already said I owned it.  Now both the paid and free versions show in the Warhawk section of the Store as owned.

It may be that it was only available as a free Plus add-on during the $2 sale.  Since the sale ended so did the Plus freebie.  Everyone who has Plus and downloaded the add-on at some point in time sees it in it's proper section but anyone who missed it cannot access it when they look for it.

It is like they said, if you download something from Plus but then delete it and wish to download it again after it has expired from the Plus section of the Store, you will be able to download it from it's respective section on the Store at no additional cost.  This is the first Plus item to expire from the Plus Store and so this is the first time we actually get to see this.

Message 16 of 26 (11 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4883 posts

Jul 9, 2010

Good point Shisno, it was probably a bonus offer for that week. The core content like PSN/PSOne/Mini games, dynamic themes and avatars would be available all month. However certain offers like sales, additional add-ons could be limited to specific periods. Best advice is to check every week and redeem the offers.

Message 17 of 26 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

Jul 9, 2010

footballrule wrote:

igniteryan wrote:

Sorry to hear that I thought it would remain free as well.

This is why I am automatically purchasing all free Plus items. Even if I don't download them now, if I ever want them in the future I can just go to my download list and grab them again

I do the same thing!

me too

Message 18 of 26 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Jul 9, 2010
I'm just a little bummed i couldn't get the dlc, but no biggy.

But Sony should rewrite their list of things you get with ps+, so we know exactly what to expect, instead of getting curveballs thrown at us.
Message 19 of 26 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Jul 9, 2010

Are you sure that it's not there?

Yesterday I went to Add Ons -> Disc Based Addons -> Warhawk and found 2 copies of the same DLC; one was normal price and one was the exact same DLC but with the Plus symbol.

Maybe it's because I've already purchased it, but you might want to go and double check.

Message 20 of 26 (11 Views)
0 Likes