Oct 08 2011
By: D-Roy12 Sackboy 456 posts

Free to play games coming to PSVita

2 replies 112 views Edited Oct 8, 2011

Browser Sangokushi Next has a free download for the psvita at the Japanese launch. I think that its a good idea to have free to play games that have dlc (like clothing for your character and weapon covers). The dlc could be a anywhere from a few cents to 5$ depending on what it is, but no more. So the game company could have a constant flow of money until their game becomes unpopular. It could be a new trend after a few years. What do you think?

EDIT: SOURCE

Message 1 of 3 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Re: Free to play games coming to PSVita

Oct 8, 2011

Cool! I hope something like that would come here.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 2 of 3 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Re: Free to play games coming to PSVita

Oct 8, 2011

D-Roy12 wrote:

Browser Sangokushi Next has a free download for the psvita at the Japanese launch. I think that its a good idea to have free to play games that have dlc (like clothing for your character and weapon covers). The dlc could be a anywhere from a few cents to 5$ depending on what it is, but no more. So the game company could have a constant flow of money until their game becomes unpopular. It could be a new trend after a few years. What do you think?

EDIT: SOURCE

One of the bigger reasons why Browser Sangokushi is going to be f2p on the PS Vita could also be because it is huge in Japan and Marvelous is a big publisher that may only need to file PA (product assessment) for distribution of the game in Japan. Microtransactions as you described with digital content is ok but, those in the PC community know that it only works well when items are not needed but, add a certain aesthetic to the game. Even for the PS Vita, respecting the integrity of peoples ability to spend money on games and the (base) game qualtiy itself is important.

Looking at games which are f2p and use microtransaction, I found WonderKing Online. I kind of wonder if Ryu & Soft can get a publisher to back them on a F2P PS Vita port. I found a video of some gameplay,

I wonder if WonderKing Online is a balanced and fair experience. Again, I have not played it and I largely go by gameplay videos.

Mapplestory is another game which is F2P 2D sidescroller. I know less about that. It could be any genre that can be F2P although, it has to fit the budget and have the formula for microtransactions where it is fair to the gamer.

Message 3 of 3 (112 Views)
0 Likes