Aug 07 2012
By: Thedubbiousone First Son 2 posts

Free games I already bought

[ Edited ]
21 replies 489 views Edited Aug 7, 2012

I've noticed as a plus member that 4 games I purchesed were then made free a week or 2 later. This has happened multiple times. Why is it I keep getting stuck paying for stuff that is eventually free? I believe if a game is made free but you had previously purchesed it your wallet should be credited. I've lost 50 bucks to playstaion because of this. It's frustrating to buy something and it's free for everyone else a week or 2 later.  Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 22 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Re: Free games I already bought

Aug 7, 2012

do what i did stop buying stuff

the only stuff i have bought in the past year were the walking dead games DDDDOOOOHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 2 of 22 (481 Views)
MVP Support
6747 posts

Aug 7, 2012

Yeah, I haven't made as many PSN purchases as I used to either.  It's been 4 months since I bought any PS3 games on PSN; I probably bought one a month before/early into PS+.

Message 3 of 22 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
576 posts

Aug 8, 2012

At least if you let your plus subscription expire, you can still access those games.

Message 4 of 22 (465 Views)
MVP Support
38827 posts

Aug 8, 2012

jpbslayer wrote:

do what i did stop buying stuff

the only stuff i have bought in the past year were the walking dead games DDDDOOOOHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiley LOL Sorry but that did make me LOL!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 5 of 22 (462 Views)
Last Guardian
11715 posts

Aug 8, 2012

I've found the secret to being a Plus member: hesitation. When you stop buying everything's in great or minor interest, eventually any game could ring up Plus-wise. As a Plus subscriber, it's up to you to be smart and take advantages while you can.

Take heed of the sale folder for members not of Plus. One time Max and the Magic Marker was selling for $5. I tell myself the game will reach Plus. Months pass and it doesn't. Another time PlayStation Plus swings by with the second and third installment of the Sly Collection on sale for $5 a piece. While I see this as a good deal, the first one was free to Plus a while back. My mind gets to thinking that these two could also go for nada. This imaginary deal has yet to form the same shape for me.

Hesitation is a pain as you can tell. While waiting can make you one smart cookie, it can also drive you nuts. If you see a game or two for the price you like, go fetch. However, there may be reason yet to hold off. It's not that Plus is at fault for causing us to be in temptation's way when we've made the decision to pay for a brand-new game when it was first released. Without hesitation on the brain, we paid for it without knowing the consequences two weeks later that the same game would without any warning to strip off all its dollar signs and take a bath in the holiest of miracles - the Fountain of Freedom.

Since becoming a Plus member, I've spent a great deal of money too. Some of them unwise decision, you just have to try and hold off from making impulse purchases on everything that creeps its way onto the store. If do you happen to be talking about The Walking Dead in this instance, that game series in particular has been available since April. Being August now, the option available to buy the game has been there for over two full months. With the announcement coming in July that the games would be free to Plus members, I knew in April that I'd hold off on buying the full set given the history of other episodic games from the company.

The only problem is... what now? Will the other games be free? Will we have to pay for the rest? Will they come at a discount price for one or two weeks and then that discount will vanish off the face of the planet? As Plus members we'll just have to see.

Message 6 of 22 (451 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
45 posts

Re: Free games I want to buy

Aug 15, 2012

yeah.. sure.. the real problem is the opposite. Once you get a game 'free' on + you can't ever buy it. A lot of times games go free and then pop up on sale and now I want to buy this game (Spring Fever, Holiday sales) and I can't so instead of getting Pac-Man for $2 I'm stuck with this unlimited rental. That is useless if I don't keep paying for it.

I think what we really need is a system of depurchasing PSN+ content. So when I win a code for Awesomenauts I can use it instead of being stuck with the unlimited rental version. Three times I've taken my PS3 to someone's house and had games not run because they were marked expired and I wasn't able to get online. it's bloody frustrating. I hate the idea of creating a seperate account. but so far that slap dash method is the only one that I have available to me.

--
Just another second banana
Message 7 of 22 (385 Views)
Survivor
2609 posts

Aug 16, 2012

That is kinda frustating. One time I bought the $12 GT5 DLC Pack on the first day, only to check later that day that it was $9 for Plus, which I have been a member for since Day 1. Oddly enough, Sony must have seen this and $3 was added to my account, a so called "Account Adjustment". Sure I latered bought the pack 2 more times once the Plus deal ended, but thats not the point.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 8 of 22 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
555 posts

Aug 16, 2012

free games i dont have!

PSN ID Street_Killaz.
PS3 Super Slim 1tb
PS Vita
Ps2
Ps1
PSP
Message 9 of 22 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Aug 16, 2012

Ironically the only games I have owned that were later free were both inFAMOUS games. Instead of buying inFAMOUS 2 I should have pucrhased Uncharted 3.

Message 10 of 22 (348 Views)
0 Likes