Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 04 2013
By: Thee_Magnificent First Son 4 posts

Frame rate issues

6 replies 92 views Edited Feb 4, 2013

I have done everything i can think of and researched to fix my lag on my fat 80gb ps3 but i still have a lag on call of duty maybe other games but i really dont play any other games, will replacing my hdd create smoother gameplay?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Re: Frame rate issues

Feb 4, 2013

Do some research on the following two steps if you haven't done them:

Rebuild Database

Restore File System

That should make your PS3 smooth. You should be doing those steps at least every month to keep your system up to par.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (88 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28436 posts

Feb 4, 2013

FidelityNy wrote:

Rebuild Database

Restore File System

That should make your PS3 smooth. You should be doing those steps at least every month to keep your system up to par.

You really recommend doing this say monthly Fidelity, I'm not questioning you, just asking if it realy helps & makes a difference?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

FidelityNy wrote:

Rebuild Database

Restore File System

You really recommend doing this say monthly Fidelity, I'm not questioning you, just asking if it realy helps & makes a difference?

Your PS3 is like any ordinary PC. As data is picked up from online games, downloads, game saves, updates, etc. your HDD gets fragmented and data becomes disorganized throughout the HDD (even though Sony says it doesn't). Load times take longer because your PS3 is searching for that piece of data, and your system sometimes stalls or freezes in the process. By completing those few steps you allow your PS3 to defragment the HDD and organize the data so it can find that data faster minimalizing freezes, jerks, or lags while using the console. It also fixes any corrupt or damaged files.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (79 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15153 posts

Feb 4, 2013

try cleaning your discs....

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (75 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 5, 2013

yea ive done that and did the fan test to clean all the dust and also cleaned the dust with the vaccum cleaner

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (53 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 5, 2013

yea i cleaned my discs and black ops 2 was brand new and still lags

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (52 Views)
0 Likes