Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 03 2012
By: andygant78 First Son 6 posts

Frame Rate

22 replies 303 views Edited Nov 3, 2012
I bought the vita at launch and was disappointed with launch titles. So I sold it. I thought I would give it another shot so I just recently bought the assassins creed bundle. So far I have been extremely disappointed with the game. The combat mechanics seem nothing like the console version, the game looks sort of hazy/dark even in daytime environments, the story sucks. And the worst part is the frame rate. The game drags so bad. Even when it is at its best it seems slow.

The funny thing is that I downloaded the demo for dynasty warriors and the game has so much going on and it feels like it is running 60 fps. There is no lag or anything. Plus the graphics are beautiful. I feel like dynasty warriors has more going on at any given time than assassins creed. There's like 70 people on the screen at once and all sorts of movement. This is the only console quality game I have seen so far. And I've played 6 or 7 other games.

The problem is I don't like dynasty warriors. It's not my genre. I was so pumped about assassins creed but it seemed like a big let down to me. It got decent reviews (7.5ish) but I would put it at a 4.5. I feel like the deva didn't even try.

I will say that I did enjoy uncharted. Wasn't quite on par with ps3 gameplay. But still excellent for handheld. And im keeping my fingers crossed for black ops declassified.

I want so desperately to love my vita but it just seems lacking in so many areas. I've given it 2 chances but can't seem to justify keeping it. So do you think the vita will get better in terms of frame rate/graphics and gameplay. Or are the vita games going to continue to be the ugly step children to their console counterparts?
Message 1 of 23 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Re: Frame Rate

Nov 3, 2012

We need to know what genre's you do like. I assume action/adventure is one. Considering you wanted to like assassin's creed. also Hopefully they will patch the fps issue. I have yet to play it but I have read that in almost every review. Same with the hazy stuff. From what

I have read NFS:MW is doing great alot of great stuff has been said about it. 

I bought littlebigplanet, tbh the game is great. but at the same time. It really is not my cup of tea. though I still play it.

Ragnarok odyssey is also really good. Though it does have alot of repeat zones. Its a monster hunter type feel. more actiony and easier to jump into as a newb such as my self lol

If you want a fighting game Mortal Kombat is really good. Also heard alot of good stuff about SFxT. with PS all stars coming soon.

Persona is coming out soon. I have the solid gold edition pre ordered. Never played a persona game before. But I need an rpg and I liked the case with that edition lol.

Also have read Rayman Origins is a really good platformer. I actually want it but its lower on my list of what to buy next.

I would not hold my breath about CoD declassified. though tbh I enjoy Resistance needs some bug fixing which I would not expect to happen. But its enjoyable enough at least for me.

Hope you start to like it more. I got my vita 3 or 4 months ago. When the drought started and was having a hard time finding stuff to play lol. Now the drought has ended to much stuff. 

Message 2 of 23 (293 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Nov 3, 2012

I think everyone has to realize that it is still early in the lifetime of the vita. Just like the psp and ps3, it took time for developers to really get the most out of the system. Also, game companies have deadlines; they have to get stuff out so that their companies remain profitable, and due to this, developers don't have the time (initially) to get the most out of the system. But I believe in time the quality of software will get better. We just need to be patient. Personally, I'm having a blast with my Vita, and I understand that it does have limitations right now, but we can't expect the system to reach its full potential so early  in its life cycle.

Message 3 of 23 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
623 posts

Nov 3, 2012

I haven't played AC3 yet so I can't say anything about that game. What I can say is that if you look at any game system ever; as time goes on and developers become more familiar with the capabilities of a console, the games always get better and better. The true power of the PS Vita has not yet been harnessed bro; not even close. Maybe your just not the early adopter type? The system might be much more appealing to you after a year or so. Either way good luck.....

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Message 4 of 23 (282 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Nov 3, 2012
time to stop making excuses for this machine! its a completely underpowered HEAP!

i had high hopes for this hand held.. but in fact its just crap! it lags like hell on both fifa titles.. even on uncharted it sometimes drops frames..

its not as powerful as Sony said it is.. that crappy cell phone CPU used in it is just not good enough, simple as that!
Message 5 of 23 (275 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Nov 3, 2012

Well, you can always sell it and buy a 3DS.

Message 6 of 23 (272 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Nov 3, 2012
Message 7 of 23 (268 Views)
Fender Bender
3946 posts

Nov 3, 2012
Yes, Dynasty Warriors really shows off the the Vita can do.
Message 8 of 23 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7615 posts

Nov 3, 2012

Gamble_STARS wrote:
Yes, Dynasty Warriors really shows off the the Vita can do.

Dynasty Warriors was one of the most fantastic games I have ever played.

Not a single drop of lag even with, like, a hundred people on screen (or 100 ragdolls, rather) and bombastic explosions and all. :smileyvery-happy:

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 9 of 23 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Nov 3, 2012

you can blame the engine AC:L is running on for the horrible framerate in city sections. while its a tremendous treat to have both the big daddy version and its little sister running on the same engine it wasn't optimized for the vita or the amount of bandwidth it can stream.

even the console version has hitching and huge frame dumps in these sections form the same exact technical limitations

the vita is not to blame for how horrible AC:L runs, its the developers who did not take the time to optimize the experience they where trying to create who you should direct those comments too.

the other issue of not getting what you wanted from the console is what it is. you gave it a try and have felt burned 2 times over,  you either learn from this and move on or keep coming back and crossing your fingers wishing it was better then last time.

at this point in the game you are informed and experienced on what to expect from the product, you have only yourself to blame

Message 10 of 23 (235 Views)