PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Re: Forums Feedback

Apr 18, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

B-r-a-t-i-n wrote:

I like the new look of the forums! It looks amazing! I think it is because of the blue and the black. They have a nice contrast to each other. Another thing I like about the Playstation site overall is the new tabs on the top of the website. Such as Playstation Network, Playstation 3, PS Vita, etc... I'll include a picture of what I'm talking about below.

PS.jpg

I was as some will know initially unsure about the changes but my fears have not come to fruition, I still think the FAQ needs some amendments but I too am happy with the vast majority of the changes.

I think most folks took this stance at the start.  Change can be difficult, and many that are here were gunshy from some prevoius changes.  I apprecaite those that stuck around to see what would come, and I'm confident that we're in a better place (forum-wise) than we've been in a while.  Are we done?  Nope.  But I hope that we've earned a bit of trust in our ability to make changess to our services.  I hope this trust can translate over into next generation as well! Smiley Happy

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 11 of 16 (82 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41822 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

B-r-a-t-i-n wrote:

I like the new look of the forums! It looks amazing! I think it is because of the blue and the black. They have a nice contrast to each other. Another thing I like about the Playstation site overall is the new tabs on the top of the website. Such as Playstation Network, Playstation 3, PS Vita, etc... I'll include a picture of what I'm talking about below.

PS.jpg

I was as some will know initially unsure about the changes but my fears have not come to fruition, I still think the FAQ needs some amendments but I too am happy with the vast majority of the changes.

I think most folks took this stance at the start.  Change can be difficult, and many that are here were gunshy from some prevoius changes.  I apprecaite those that stuck around to see what would come, and I'm confident that we're in a better place (forum-wise) than we've been in a while.  Are we done?  Nope.  But I hope that we've earned a bit of trust in our ability to make changess to our services.  I hope this trust can translate over into next generation as well! Smiley Happy

Trust, yea you've got it, at least from me anyway Tempest.

Change can be tough, no one likes change, PLYMCO & I pretty much had our routines down with how we viewed the Forums, I'm pretty sure others did too, then you guys go & change it all on is, were we happy, not initially no, I liken it to when my local supermarket decides to move items around in the hope I'll see new things to purchase during my weekly grocery stop, in a way you did this with the Forum change, I know I for one am seeing numerous posts & Threads that I may never have seen in the 'old style' Forums, but now you see so much more, that can only be a good thing.

A work in progress still, yes of course, you said so yourself, but you guys did good.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 12 of 16 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6532 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

B-r-a-t-i-n wrote:

PS.jpg

Change for the sake of change is meaningless, if its not broken why change it.  You're never going to convince me "the clutter" is better.  Just because it looks like a candy store now doesn't make it functionally "better".  You don't make dramatic changes and then just tell people just get use to it.  "earned trust in your ability"?!?! You own the forums, I hope you guys can make changes to it, it would be pretty sad if you didn't know how...and why would you need "our trust"? as if you need it to make the changes you want to your own site.   Trust is your ability to make sound choices in functional design is whats in question here.

You would do yourselves some service if you just came out as said "feature for feature"... this is the issue we saw, and this is how we addressed it.  Instead of "give it time to grow on you, you're learn to like it", like a captor would say to their victim.

The last change before this one is what brought me back to become more active in the forums again; because it was more like the original.  Now I'm less inclined... again.

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Message 13 of 16 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20485 posts

Apr 19, 2013
As previously said, I was a little unsure with the new change to the forums, given that I liked having all of the boards on the front page and all of my floated boards were at the top of the front page for me to access.

However, as time went on, I came to really enjoy the new blue tabs we have at the top now. It makes it so much easier to post across several different boards and has made me much more active in General Discussions and Off Topic. Smiley Happy

Still wish we had custom avatars like the old forums. 9.5/10 as of now, 10/10 if custom avatars (but I doubt it will happen Smiley Sad)
Message 14 of 16 (51 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10200 posts

Apr 19, 2013
Yeah, we're still missing custom avatars!
Message 15 of 16 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
41822 posts

Apr 19, 2013

ThePunisher wrote:

Tempest_Fire wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

B-r-a-t-i-n wrote:

PS.jpg

Change for the sake of change is meaningless, if its not broken why change it.  You're never going to convince me "the clutter" is better.  Just because it looks like a candy store now doesn't make it functionally "better".  You don't make dramatic changes and then just tell people just get use to it.  "earned trust in your ability"?!?! You own the forums, I hope you guys can make changes to it, it would be pretty sad if you didn't know how...and why would you need "our trust"? as if you need it to make the changes you want to your own site.   Trust is your ability to make sound choices in functional design is whats in question here.

You would do yourselves some service if you just came out as said "feature for feature"... this is the issue we saw, and this is how we addressed it.  Instead of "give it time to grow on you, you're learn to like it", like a captor would say to their victim.

The last change before this one is what brought me back to become more active in the forums again; because it was more like the original.  Now I'm less inclined... again.

Actually Punisher they kind of did.

Believe it or not the vast majrotity of the Support Forums had relatively slow traffic, so the decision to amalgamate them into one Support Forum was made, like I have previously said I was pretty anti this idea, I liked th seperate areas, but I'v come to see that this way is better, at least for me anyway.

You said 'feature for feature', what other features you're referring to as well Punsiher, the main changes were the merging of the support Forums?

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 16 of 16 (32 Views)
0 Likes