Highlighted
Dec 24 2012
By: pr5992 First Son 3 posts

Formula 1 2012 too difficult?

4 replies 785 views Edited Dec 24, 2012

Good evening folks:

I just bought F1 2012 for the Playstation 3. It is beautiful, and it looks and sounds great.

However ---- am I the only one thinking that it is too difficult to play? I mean, I have the easiest settings and yet I get my a** kicked by anyone in the field. I am not a novice to racing games, have been a big GT fan since version 1, 1995.

Please -- I know I am not getting any younger, but I paid $50 for the f***ing game, and I want some fun! I want to win, even if I suck at the game.

Thank you,

Peter

Message 1 of 5 (785 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1289 posts

Re: Formula 1 2012 too difficult?

Dec 24, 2012

The learning curve is a little difficult this year, but after some more practice you will get used to the physics. 

Message 2 of 5 (781 Views)
MVP Support
40067 posts

Dec 24, 2012

pr5992 wrote:

Good evening folks:

I just bought F1 2012 for the Playstation 3. It is beautiful, and it looks and sounds great.

However ---- am I the only one thinking that it is too difficult to play? I mean, I have the easiest settings and yet I get my a** kicked by anyone in the field. I am not a novice to racing games, have been a big GT fan since version 1, 1995.

Please -- I know I am not getting any younger, but I paid $50 for the f***ing game, and I want some fun! I want to win, even if I suck at the game.

Thank you,

Peter

Hey Peter,

I'm not familiar with this particular game but I do have some sympathy for your situation, there have been one or two games released in recent years where I too have found the AI just ridiculous, I have returned games for this very reason.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 5 (776 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

Dec 24, 2012

pr5992 wrote:

Good evening folks:

Thank you,

Peter

Use the driving steering wheel  if you have it and   use the out side view , when you  start getting good use the  inside car  race  view. Do  about 40 laps of  solo track racing on a easy track.  Just time your self look for soft  and hard turns, learn the speed of the track. Also tires play big facotr is f1 racing games . 

I use to play f1 games  games all the time. It best to use a steering wheel and practice the tracks solo  and do time trials for practice. Dont do any  real races for a  few days .  the learning curve is  not that deep it just the turning and paitence. F1 is far  from grandT  learning curve. haha good luck Smiley Happy.. I dont play  f1 racing games anymore but use  I to for a very long time. I got tired of  buying the sterring wheels to play  them, becuase dual shock  just woulndt cut it..

Happy gaming to you and good luck

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 4 of 5 (774 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28990 posts

Dec 24, 2012

F1 is all about aerodynamics, setting up the car properly, and technique. There's many guides to setting up an F1 car on the net, you can find them with a simple search.

The more importantly is your driving technique, especially cornering and holding the best line. There's practically a science to cornering. Races are won and lost in the corners. Like mcbuttz said, run some practice laps to learn how to set up the car, and how to corner properly. And remember, practice man practice.

Message 5 of 5 (766 Views)
0 Likes