Exactly. I am very dissatisfied with the account management for the PS3. If they are going to collect information, it should be described how it is going to be used.
- It should not use "birthday" to begin with. It asks for a "secret question" but it is never used.
- If I dont know what their using birthday for I may assume its for advertisement or determining appropriate content. I have minors on my account, nuff said.
- There is no way to recover the account if there is an issue with birthday.
- I created another account but it is not clear how to associate the new account with the playstation
- Even if I wipe out the playstation and start over I will have to abandon the email account and create/associate another because my normal one is now permanently associated with a non accessible account.
- there is no phone # or customer support email address for follow up given on the "forgot password" page.
This is dumb for a pre 2000 web login much less 2010.
So, I've got this super awesome unsolvable problem:
-I entered a fake birthday and forgot it
-Even if I'd try every date possible, I wouldn't know my recovery questions
-I saved my pass, but my ps3 got screwed, had to go through reformatting and stuff, didn't work, had to get a new one
In other words, I've got no password and no way to retrieve it. Good job sony! It should just be possible to have your password sent to your e-mail -.-
IF there is a way to retrieve my password, even when these problems are in existence, please tell me ^_^
duude, mabe you should get a n Xbox? lol, jk, my problem is that ive forgotten my pasword, but i know it has 8 characters, so that's a start, i have almost no money left on my psn account because the credit card info is "not valid" and the only way to change it is by knowing the password, it's avicious circle
HUGE problem, i can't sign in, i "changed" my password using the method of selecting "forgot your password?" in the sign in screen, it didn't work (twice) and then i went and deleted the password i CAN'T REMEMBER from the sign in box and tried my new password i apparently changed like one minute ago, now the box is empty, my password is forgotten, i can't make a new one because my email address doesn't work for some reason, the only way out i can see is by creating a new account (not an option), or somehow changing my email address on the psn.
can i use THIS SITE that i'm on right now writing comments on, to change the password and/or email address that i use on my PS3 console? the email address doesn't change no matter what i do, it stays as one i don't use anymore, my password stays as one i've forgotten, i try the "forgot your password?"method, but even though it says it's changed it hasn't, and methods on this site only change the email and password for my account on this site....... this is bad, right?
the email address on the sign in screen doesn't work on the password recovery screen where you need to enter it and a date of birth, but if i use my msn email for example, it takes me to the password entry screen, then i use that new password i just changed to sign in but it, of course, doesn't work, and now i can't sign in to PSN because i deleted the password i couldn't remember in the first place, all this started because i wanted to put some more money on my acount, will i have to create a new user?