First Son
1 posts

Re: Forgot Password to PSN.. PS3 Related

Jan 16, 2010

Exactly. I am very dissatisfied with the account management for the PS3. If they are going to collect information, it should be described how it is going to be used.

1. It should not use "birthday" to begin with. It asks for a "secret question" but it is never used.
  2. If I dont know what their using birthday for I may assume its for advertisement or determining appropriate content. I have minors on my account, nuff said.
  3. There is no way to recover the account if there is an issue with birthday.
  4. I created another account but it is not clear how to associate the new account with the playstation
  5. Even if I wipe out the playstation and start over I will have to abandon the email account and create/associate another because my normal one is now permanently associated with a non accessible account.
  6. there is no phone # or customer support email address for follow up given on the "forgot password" page.

This is dumb for a pre 2000 web login much less 2010.

Message 11 of 26 (959 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Jan 16, 2010
Save the password next time.
Message 12 of 26 (959 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 19, 2010

So, I've got this super awesome unsolvable problem:

-I entered a fake birthday and forgot it

-Even if I'd try every date possible, I wouldn't know my recovery questions

-I saved my pass, but my ps3 got screwed, had to go through reformatting and stuff, didn't work, had to get a new one

In other words, I've got no password and no way to retrieve it. Good job sony! It should just be possible to have your password sent to your e-mail -.-

IF there is a way to retrieve my password, even when these problems are in existence, please tell me ^_^

Message 13 of 26 (959 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 1, 2010

duude, mabe you should get a n Xbox? lol, jk, my problem is that ive forgotten my pasword, but i know it has 8 characters, so that's a start, i have almost no money left on my psn account because the credit card info is "not valid" and the only way to change it is by knowing the password, it's avicious circle

Message 14 of 26 (959 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 1, 2010

HUGE problem, i can't sign in, i "changed" my password using the method of selecting "forgot your password?" in the sign in screen, it didn't work (twice) and then i went and deleted the password i CAN'T REMEMBER from the sign in box and tried my new password i  apparently changed like one minute ago, now the box is empty, my password is forgotten, i can't make a new one because my email address doesn't work for some reason, the only way out i can see is by creating a new account (not an option), or somehow changing my email address on the psn.

Message 15 of 26 (959 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 1, 2010

can i use THIS SITE that i'm on right now writing comments on, to change the password and/or email address that i use on my PS3 console? the email address doesn't change no matter what i do, it stays as one i don't use anymore, my password stays as one i've forgotten, i try the "forgot your password?"method, but even though it says it's changed it hasn't, and methods on this site only change the email and password for my account on this site....... this is bad, right?

Message 16 of 26 (959 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 1, 2010

the email address on the sign in screen doesn't work on the password recovery screen where you need to enter it and a date of birth, but if i use my msn email for example, it takes me to the password entry screen, then i use that new password i just changed to sign in but it, of course, doesn't work, and now i can't sign in to PSN because i deleted the password i couldn't remember in the first place, all this started because i wanted to put some more money on my acount, will i have to create a new user?

Message 17 of 26 (959 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Jun 1, 2010
It's easier to call Sony. Their number is in the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.
Message 18 of 26 (959 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 7, 2010

I got the same problem. I entered a fake birthday too and forgot my password. On that account I finished like 4 or 5 games and now I can't use that account. I'm so pissed

Message 19 of 26 (959 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 2, 2010

yo that happened im using my other one

Message 20 of 26 (959 Views)
0 Likes