First Son
8 posts

Re: Forgot Password to PSN.. PS3 Related

Sep 22, 2010

That's what I would refer to as not very bright. Giving a fake birthdate doesn't do much on the Playstation Network that I can see. They don't sell nudie movies or anything like that. Your best bet would probably be making a new account and go from there.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Message 21 of 26 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
530 posts

Sep 22, 2010

Putitng false infomation and forgetting it seems more of the user problem than Sony. Could Sony come up with a better recovery system maybe ... but, this system better protects the end user from having thier account stolen and having someone taking complete control. 

* Little info : If you have a backup of your system it should have the stored info of the password in place.

Good Luck

photo 63a56823-df24-49e3-aa09-6e7340b5ff8a_zpsecaw8cqx.jpg
Message 22 of 26 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Sep 22, 2010

Well I think that me entering false information on an account is one thing, but after a system update that my PS3 said I "needed" (meaning it wouldn't let me do anything until the update was installed) the sign-in box on each of my accounts had the password erased. That is bull **bleep**, I didn't pay any attention to the birthdate I entered, and since I figured that if I just hit the "save password" option that I wouldn't have to worry about this kind of stuff.  

Message 23 of 26 (402 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Sep 28, 2010

Don't feel bad, J-Man... I had the same problem. But luckily I only use 3 extremely esoteric passwords for everything I use so I am password protected AND I have a 1 in 3 chance of getting it on the first try. Or... I have to go through all 3 to get it right but it's not hard to remember them.

I know... You may be thinking that this doesn't help in the fake birthday case. That's when you use your REAL birthdate with a fake year if you're that worried about them getting mad for under 18 you playing M rated games or whatever.

Besides, at this point being born at least around 1990 would make you 20 years old wouldn't it? I don't endorse faking your birthday but since you're going to anyway... Keep it simple.

Message 24 of 26 (402 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 12, 2011

what i can say is that a bastard gameshare with me then suddenly password or email incorrect that was when i gave him a account with resident evil 4 & started changing stuff to steal it he did it but what i steal got my account don't have any answer

Message 25 of 26 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Nov 14, 2011

what the hell he could still go back to his account if he still has his sign id or his online id so technachilly he still has it i think i dont know your post was kinda confusing

Message 26 of 26 (402 Views)
0 Likes