Nov 26 2013
By: Blaze_Octane44 Sackboy 571 posts

Forced install on ps4...ughhh

12 replies 315 views Edited Nov 26, 2013
My ONLY complaint with ps4 is we now MUST install every disc based game and it eats your hard drive space up quicker then quick! I have resogun, 2k14, bf4, killzone, and assassins creed and now after the systems share I only have 200 sum gigs left..so 4-6 more big games I'm screwed....even get bigger hard drive and soon u be deleting n reinstalling games ovr n over. I dislike this.....
Gamer till the End
Message 1 of 13 (315 Views)
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Re: Forced install on ps4...ughhh

Nov 26, 2013

How many games do you really NEED to have installed at once?

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 2 of 13 (300 Views)
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Nov 26, 2013
I agree. Good thing some games are playable quite fast tho. Kill zone only took a couple mins before I was in game.
Message 3 of 13 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55402 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Blaze_Octane44 wrote:
My ONLY complaint with ps4 is we now MUST install every disc based game and it eats your hard drive space up quicker then quick! I have resogun, 2k14, bf4, killzone, and assassins creed and now after the systems share I only have 200 sum gigs left..so 4-6 more big games I'm screwed....even get bigger hard drive and soon u be deleting n reinstalling games ovr n over. I dislike this.....

I Kudosed you as I agree!  

Message 4 of 13 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Nov 26, 2013

so? You own the game, which means you can install and uninstall the game at will. This is a stark contrast to those like myself who have gone all digital and have to redownload and install if we need to make space. I did upgrade to a 1TB though.

Message 5 of 13 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Nov 26, 2013
200 some gigs is still a fair amount left. The games will take up a lot of space, but you can easily just delete your installed games when you feel you're done with it.
Message 6 of 13 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Doc_007 wrote:

some people might not like deleting and reinstalling games [when they decide to play it again] just to manage the limited hdd space.  its a valid complaint.  at least were lucky enough to not have proprietary hdd in the ps4 so its easily replacable

Message 7 of 13 (245 Views)
Splicer
68 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Well at least it's not like the xbox one where you can't eject the disk until it's fully installed. 

Message 8 of 13 (241 Views)
Fender Bender
3501 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2013

commandokock wrote:

Doc_007 wrote:

some people might not like deleting and reinstalling games [when they decide to play it again] just to manage the limited hdd space.  its a valid complaint.  at least were lucky enough to not have proprietary hdd in the ps4 so its easily replacable

I did not question the validity of the complaint bf the OP, it's his complaint so how could anyone say it is not valid for him/her. That's just silly.

My question is pretty simple.

I am curious as I very rarely find myself engaged in more than 4 games simultaniously so again I was curious what others, including the OP feel they NEED to have installed at once. Install and delete times are not an issue for me but this is perspective based, and again just an opinion.

It's called discussion.

Many "issues" that lead to "complaints" are a bit knee jerk and healthy discussion will often reveal truths that lessen dissapointment or at the simplest of  concepts make lemonade out of lemons.

You dig? 

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 9 of 13 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55402 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2013

commandokock wrote:

Doc_007 wrote:

I am one of those people you thought about.   I have 1-2 hours/day to game with usually and don't want to spend that time deleting and installing stuff because mandatory install games end up taking up too much HD space.

I also play a LOT of different games, check my trophy profile.  EDIT: Here  http://psnprofiles.com/PLYMCO_PILGRIM

fsdf

Message 10 of 13 (212 Views)
0 Likes