14608 posts

Re: For those who did not preorder

Sep 5, 2013

peckdogg68 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

xsongk wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

EASTC0AST_GH05T wrote:
not all stores was taking the full 400 off the back though. I didn't have 400 right away so I put 200 down at gamestop first and then another 200 a month later. Walmart in store only wanted 10% down gamestop wanted 100 dollars down

And they still sold out within a couple weeks. Not everyone has that type of money to throw around on short notice. And many online retailers required to have the full payment in your account (but would be charge at shipping). 

I, and many others, did not have the means to preorder within that timeframe. 

You really have NO idea what you're talking about.

I pre ordered mine the first day possible, June 6th. July 7th, they stopped taking them. Yeah that's not a couple of weeks, that's 4 weeks.

I understand the economy and what not, but really? You couldn't put $100 down(Gamestop), or $25(Bestbuy), or hell even Amazon that doesn't charge you a penny till it ships?

It sounds to me like

1. You were just lazy, not researching at all. You didn't know how long you could pre-order for and you thought you had to put down the full price of the console.

2. Now you're trying to make yourself feel better by telling yourself things you want to hear and ignoring things you don't want to hear. For example you said the Wii's demand was bigger than the PS4's demand, but you didn't back-up your logic at all with any facts. You used some common sense with XBOX and SONY dividing the fans, as well as parents getting the Wii for their kids due to the family oriented console.

People have told you that demand of 1 million is only a small fraction of a number, yet you don't want to believe it even after they told you who said it and where and apparently you won't believe it till somebody posts it cause you're too lazy to look it up and you are scared to search for it as well.

3. I don't get how so many people didn't have the means to pre order one. Okay I get it, a TON of people are on tight budgets and don't have 400 dollars to throw around, but if you want it SO bad that you're willing to camp out of a store for 12+ hours with a guaruntee of the console, then I don't see how you can't pre-order it.

If you to BestBuy, it's only 25 freakin dollars. You don't have 25 dollars to spend? You shouldn't be getting a PS4, or you could just pick up some extra hours or an odd job. A freakin kid is running a lemonade stand to get a PS4.

If you went on Amazon(it was available for a long time), you don't have to pay at all till it ships and LITTLE research would have informed you on this.

Gamesto's $100 deposit is something I understand not everybody can do at any given moment cause $100 is a lot of money.

First off, for Amazon, you need the money in our account. They check to make sure you have $400, but do not charge it until shipment.

Also, not everyone has available funds each month. I still have a minimum wage job and I do not always have spare funds some months because of bills. Calling me lazy for not having money is quite a pathetic thing for you to say. Also calling me ignorant of the facts while not stating anything to the contrary is petty.

I live in a city now, so these megastores are not even around me (Best Buy for example). 

People have the burden of proof with that fraction statement. He said it was from an interview and I wanted the interview. They said the preorder number was a million consoles. That was their statement. I used evidence. And do not try and insult me like this. I feel you are making ad hominems instead of anything.

I am trying to comfort others by saying there are launch consoles at these other stores. Even mom and pop shops often do not have preorders. I am telling people that more consoels are made for these places without preorders and that it is still possible to get a console. I am not trying to ignore things because I have insecurities. I know where I can get one at launch. But others might not. For you to come here and just call me lazy and too poor is simply not okay.

You simply need to get off your high horse and realize money is not always tight year-round. I have less money in the summer since I have more places to go and more gas to pay for. 

If you dont have the money to get a system maybe you should wait until you do have the money available to you.  I dont think anyone cares if you have the money or not what most are saying is your numbers are completely wrong and that you are giving false hope to people.  Most store will not have a line this time around (maybe none not sure I dont have any information on this).  From what i have been hearing is Sony is having a hard time filling the preorderers for thier system and if they cant fill the preorders how can they give units to stores that didnt take any preorders.  The second shipment will probably go to the people who preordered after August 5th and didnt get a unit on the first shipment, after that you may be able to line up and wait for a unit when stores start restocking thier shelves.

You missed the part where I said I NOW have the money. I have months where I can buy things for myself. Only during the preorder period was I tight on funds since I had other priorities. And you mention people calling out my numbers, well these people have given no evidence to the contrary. 

And they always get, at least, a few consoles more. There will be more stocked than just preorders. And stores get consoles allocated to them, so those stores without preorders will have lines. 

Sony does not just send out consoles to Gamestop, Amazon, and Walmart because they allow preorders. They send them to all the game retailers (of which, several do not have preordering).

And them having problems filling out orders is related to all launch consoles in general.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 31 of 40 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Sep 5, 2013

And I like the statement regarding the sales being over 15 million. If that were true (sadly, it is not), then Sony would have no problem stocking shelves and filling preorders. 

Message 32 of 40 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5320 posts

Sep 5, 2013
Have mine Pre-ordered at GameStop, so I'm good no matter what. I don't feel like dealing with Black Friday type madness trying to get my PS4.

I have a feeling that if you don't get one day one, you'll end up paying three times that much on eBay, or maybe get lucky enough for another shipment to reach store shelves by Christmas.
Message 33 of 40 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Sep 5, 2013

Doogie86 wrote:
Have mine Pre-ordered at GameStop, so I'm good no matter what. I don't feel like dealing with Black Friday type madness trying to get my PS4.

I have a feeling that if you don't get one day one, you'll end up paying three times that much on eBay, or maybe get lucky enough for another shipment to reach store shelves by Christmas.

Going and trying to find out when the next shipment is in is a good idea. 

Usually, my GS manager will not tell me those sorts of things, but I am sure other places could give estimates. 

Message 34 of 40 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9869 posts

Sep 7, 2013
I didn't preorder but I hope come 2014, i can find one in stores without any problems.
Message 35 of 40 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

And I like the statement regarding the sales being over 15 million. If that were true (sadly, it is not), then Sony would have no problem stocking shelves and filling preorders. 

Sony does expect to ship 15 to 20 million consoles before the end of the year.

For your viewing pleasure: 

"Speaking to Bloomberg, the SCEA president claimed that the PS4's one million global pre-orders represent "just a fraction" of the actual demand for the console. However, while Tretton believes that its release in November this year will be the biggest launch in Sony Computer Entertainment's history,"

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-08-23-tretton-the-lowest-priced-system-isnt-always-succes...

A little research goes a long way. And paying attention for once in your **bleep** life. I said I was done with you and I am. You're calling the FACT that Jack Tretton, the president of Sony Computer Entertainment of America, stated that that 1 million figure was only a fraction, BS? Well that makes you ignorant. That also makes you a moron. I don't deal with ignorant fools who seem to have nothing better to do than to spout off all these BS "facts" and then jumping on people when they offer REAL facts that contradict yours.

Now, for NOT doing proper research, YOU are the weakest link. Good bye.

Disclaimer: Link comes courtesy of Da1Writer, who does more research than you have in your entire life, probably.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 36 of 40 (168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 9, 2013

bestbuy.ca.jpg

From BestBuy.ca email I got. If you didn't pre order yet, do it now!   (I just did)

Message 37 of 40 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1748 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 9, 2013

First off, People hated the X-Box 1, not just for what the Console was basically (Cable Box), but because of the Company... 

Second off, the Wii U was an early release that pretty much most People wanted something else instead... 

This is why PS4 sold so many Copies as a Pre-Order, & as an up front Selling Point... 

Technically, I think a more interesting number would be how many People were more willing to stick to their Current Console, 

instead of buying a Next Gen... That number i'd like to see... We all know what the numbers are for Next Gen, but 

we don't know what the numbers are for this... Thats what i'd like to know... ^_^

Lastly, why are we angry or Disappointed that we can't get a Copy of the PS4 at Launch? 

Are you dying the next Day? Even if you were to get a Bundle, there are no Deals, so 

why not just wait till a Deal comes along? It's not like your paying extra to get something special... 

Wouldn't you rather wait till all the kinks are worked out before you buy one... 

If I remember, there was a Wii U Launch problem, because Consoles were Bricked... 

Whos to say the PS4 or X-Box One will not share that part of the Launch? 

Now that I think of it, if PS4 sells out, does that mean Demo Stations at Stores will not be till a later date? 

Or will those Stores Hog some of the Consoles for themselves, @_@ 

Do we really need a PS4 the day it comes out? Are you in that much of a Hurry to get one?

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 38 of 40 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Sep 9, 2013
Just want to give the op a head sup. All the Walmarts in my area are doing pre-orders. They got a huge sign saying you can pre order. I asked for curiosity sake and was told you can still pre order but will be no chance of you getting one this late. They told me strait out on release day they will have ZERO for walks ups.
Message 39 of 40 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Sep 9, 2013

Shadelon wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Sony does expect to ship 15 to 20 million consoles before the end of the year.

For your viewing pleasure: 

"Speaking to Bloomberg, the SCEA president claimed that the PS4's one million global pre-orders represent "just a fraction" of the actual demand for the console. However, while Tretton believes that its release in November this year will be the biggest launch in Sony Computer Entertainment's history,"

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-08-23-tretton-the-lowest-priced-system-isnt-always-succes...

A little research goes a long way. And paying attention for once in your **bleep** life. I said I was done with you and I am. You're calling the FACT that Jack Tretton, the president of Sony Computer Entertainment of America, stated that that 1 million figure was only a fraction, BS? Well that makes you ignorant. That also makes you a moron. I don't deal with ignorant fools who seem to have nothing better to do than to spout off all these BS "facts" and then jumping on people when they offer REAL facts that contradict yours.

Now, for NOT doing proper research, YOU are the weakest link. Good bye.

Disclaimer: Link comes courtesy of Da1Writer, who does more research than you have in your entire life, probably.

Thanks so much for calling me stupid without looking at the content of the interview. I asked where they said they would sell 15 million. You gave a quote where he says that the preorders are just a fraction of DEMAND. That is not SALES. That is DEMAND. 

And 15 million is not even referenced anywhere. Sorry, but you should be the one paying attention once in your life. You seem to be one of those ignorant fools spouting off BS as if they are facts. Your link supported me than it supported you, so thank you.

Message 40 of 40 (102 Views)
0 Likes