Reply
Splicer
Registered: 06/16/2013
Offline
42 posts
 

Re: For Those Switching From M$ to Sony

Jun 21, 2013

DarthDanMan wrote:

GIMPPS wrote:

And the fact it's Free to Play online games just like Steam Wii Microsoft for games origin etc etc.

 

O wait :smileyembarrassed:


You'll still be free to play, free to play games, free.

 

I wanted to throw in three free to plays in that last sentence, but it didn't quite work.


You are free to freely Play the games free of restrictions which frees you up to play the games more freely, did I mention the freedom?

:smileytongue:

Message 11 of 24 (275 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/13/2013
Offline
92 posts
 

Re: For Those Switching From M$ to Sony

Jun 21, 2013
Whoa glasscut, don't get all flustered. I was just looking for a friendly conversation. The online price doesn't bother me at all. It's an extra $0.80 a month for me to game on PS4, I'd be very cheap to consider than in choosing a console to play on. It's my gamerscore and status, controller and the OS I'm going to miss. The more I read up on all of them though it looks like the controller will be the thing I miss the most.
Message 12 of 24 (266 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/15/2013
Offline
1513 posts
 

Re: For Those Switching From M$ to Sony

Jun 21, 2013

I think for me it will be a little bittersweet at first, since the 360 was my first "next gen" console after coming from a gamecube, plus I've had it for so long

Message 13 of 24 (261 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 08/05/2010
Offline
46 posts
 

Re: For Those Switching From M$ to Sony

Jun 21, 2013

I purchased an XBOX 360 in 2009 and a PS3 in 2010, after using the 360 for over a year it was kinda different getting used to the XMB but i'm sure thats the same as switching from Droid to iOS. It didn't take very long at all to get acclimated, keep plugging away.

Message 14 of 24 (250 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/09/2009
Offline
2508 posts
 

Re: For Those Switching From M$ to Sony

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

MooseWI wrote:
Whoa glasscut, don't get all flustered. I was just looking for a friendly conversation. The online price doesn't bother me at all. It's an extra $0.80 a month for me to game on PS4, I'd be very cheap to consider than in choosing a console to play on. It's my gamerscore and status, controller and the OS I'm going to miss. The more I read up on all of them though it looks like the controller will be the thing I miss the most.

You could try getting something like this once a PS4 version gets created.

 

360 PS3 Controller

Message 15 of 24 (249 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/13/2013
Offline
46 posts
 

Re: For Those Switching From M$ to Sony

Jun 21, 2013
The only thing I was remotely worried about was the controller and everyone is saying the improvements are so good that it won't matter.
Message 16 of 24 (240 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/13/2013
Offline
92 posts
 

Re: For Those Switching From M$ to Sony

Jun 21, 2013
Yeah, I'm just going to get used to the controller, I hit my thumbs together a lot. I have... probably over 80 days of play time on the Xbox and Xbox 360, it'll just come in time I guess.
Message 17 of 24 (240 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/24/2013
Offline
187 posts
 

Re: For Those Switching From M$ to Sony

Jun 21, 2013

DarthDanMan wrote:

MooseWI wrote:
Whoa glasscut, don't get all flustered. I was just looking for a friendly conversation. The online price doesn't bother me at all. It's an extra $0.80 a month for me to game on PS4, I'd be very cheap to consider than in choosing a console to play on. It's my gamerscore and status, controller and the OS I'm going to miss. The more I read up on all of them though it looks like the controller will be the thing I miss the most.

You could try getting something like this once a PS4 version gets created.

 

360 PS3 Controller


lol.. that controller looks like it's made of pure rubber. What happens when you get mad and throw it on hard wood floor? Bounce back and hit you in the chin?

 photo BBSIGANIMATED_zpsbd119225.gif
Message 18 of 24 (234 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5472 posts
 

Re: For Those Switching From M$ to Sony

Jun 21, 2013

I have had a PS3 for a week now, and I can say that I have reconciled almost all of the difference in the UI in that amount of time.  No love lost.  Long live Sony.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 19 of 24 (212 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13736 posts
 

Re: For Those Switching From M$ to Sony

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

RGA_BodyBag wrote:

DarthDanMan wrote:

MooseWI wrote:
Whoa glasscut, don't get all flustered. I was just looking for a friendly conversation. The online price doesn't bother me at all. It's an extra $0.80 a month for me to game on PS4, I'd be very cheap to consider than in choosing a console to play on. It's my gamerscore and status, controller and the OS I'm going to miss. The more I read up on all of them though it looks like the controller will be the thing I miss the most.

You could try getting something like this once a PS4 version gets created.

 

360 PS3 Controller


lol.. that controller looks like it's made of pure rubber. What happens when you get mad and throw it on hard wood floor? Bounce back and hit you in the chin?


It is made of pure rubber and some weird mesh stuff where you hold it.

 

Plus sides: It has pretty red lights..

 

Negatives: Everything else.

 

I have one.. It's very uncomfortable. It would have been awesome if it didn't feel like holding a cheese cutter.



Message 20 of 24 (207 Views)
Reply
0 Likes