Highlighted
Feb 24 2011
By: TheBigSalad Lombax Warrior 105 posts

Follow up questions

4 replies 11 views Edited Feb 24, 2011

In another discusson it was determined that playing my PSP Go when plugged in via AC adapter acts like havig a laptop plugged into an electrical outlet when using it-perfectl safe and saves the battery.I have noticed this happening tho- after playing the PSP with it plugged in through the AC I will turn it off then disconnect it from the outlet. Before I turn it on again I have it plugged back into the AC. When it boots up, the side light is orange for "charging" (and remember, its plugged in briefly before being turned on), I don't know how but it is.  Even though it doesnt take long for the light to turn green, does that count as one of its limited charges?

Also, I want to buy either a RCA or Composite (HD) cable for the PSP Go. Is there any way to have that cable plugged in to the TV and a the same time have the Go charge like mentioned above? And should I get the RCA or Composite cable (I have a smallish flat screen tv that does have HD capability)?

Message 1 of 5 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1321 posts

Re: Follow up questions

Feb 24, 2011

Lithium Ion batteries don't count charges. The number of charges a litium battery is expected to have is an estimation based on typical use. It's best to charge lithium ion batteries often, draining the battery all the way down before charging it is bad. The sooner you charge the battery, the less strain it puts on it, and the longer your battery will last.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Yes, but you have to buy a cradle. Component is higher quality, definetly get Component if your TV is HD.

http://www.amazon.com/PSPgo-Cradle-Sony-PSP/dp/B002EQE58Q

----------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 5 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Feb 25, 2011

So doing what I'm doing is good for the battery correct?

and for the cradle- you have the Go on the cradle and the Component/RCA cable plugged in the cradle?

Message 3 of 5 (11 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
20640 posts

Feb 25, 2011

It won't make any difference.  Any rechargable battery will only charge so many times, and all rechargable batteries lose capacity slowly over time as they are used. As akadewboy said, there is no count of available charges. The lifetime and the duration of the battery is determined by chemical changes that occur in the battery. Charging the battery for a couple of minutes when the AC adapter is plugged in is not going to affect the battery chemistry measurably, so it won't affect the battery life one way or the other. Sony recommends that you charge the battery when there is one bar showing on the battery indicator, but you don't need to be hesitant to use the AC adapter to power long gaming sessions. Not using the battery at all helps it last longer too.

GKP
Message 4 of 5 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Feb 26, 2011

Sorry GKP, I am always particular about my electronics and how to use them most efficiently. Thank you for all you help.

What about the cradle tho? you can have the Go on the cradle and the Component/RCA cable plugged in the cradle right?

Message 5 of 5 (11 Views)
0 Likes