Jun 19 2013
By: GuRuAsaki2098 Uncharted Territory 1820 posts

Flat Screen LCD TV's & Playstation 3?

11 replies 353 views Edited Jun 19, 2013

Oky, so I just got my first HD TV for my Room...

It's smaller then the one in the Family Room, but I have no idea what Format Resolution it is Supporting...

On TV, it says 720P on every Channel, but on the PS3, it Automatically formats to 1080I... Totally Confusing...

But thats not my Problem, my problem is, there is no Manuel, nor is there a Remote...

& no matter what Resolution I use, the TV still shows the Screen Cut Off...

Can anyone help me out? It is a 32 Inch Vizio TV, which has 2 Big Speakers Underneith...

I've looked at every Setting on the TV, & as well as the PS3, I still can't figure it out, any help would be great, =D

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 1 of 12 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Re: Flat Screen LCD TV's & Playstation 3?

Jun 19, 2013

What's with the rant in your signature?  It makes me utterly uninclined to help...

Come on - no manual or remote?  Clearly you bought used (one wonders why anyone would buy a cheap Vizio used, but whatever...).    But, if you look up the model number (which you failed to post), I am sure you will be able to find a manual online.  

It sounds like you need a remote, or some way into the settings menu.  Again, I would point you to the manual, which you should have no trouble finding online.

PSN: sleepyeyes2k2
Reformed Xbox Gamer

21lob2s.png
Message 2 of 12 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Jun 19, 2013
There should be a setting on the TV that will allow you to make the screen full screen. The PS3 system will output to the Max of the TV, BUT certain games will have ether 720 or 1080i/p. My TV has a format option in the settings, button on remote and settings in menu that says format and I have it set to automatic.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 3 of 12 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1820 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

I got this TV for Free from a Pool Hall that closed down... The TV Still works like a Charm...

But again, it's better then where I was before... When I didn't have a TV at all, @_@

But again, I was only asking if anyone knew what to do about it...

Our other TV that is a Toshiba has a Menu Button that lets you change the size of the TV, not just the Resolution, but again, we use a Remote for that...

But since that is a Toshiba, it is incompatible with a Vizio...

As for my Signature... I'll admit I am Picky with Technology these days...

1.) I don't Believe in Pay To Play...
&
2.) I wanted the PS4 for other Reasons then Gamming, & because their doing what their doing to it,
the PS4 just doesn't really suit me anymore for what I want, that is...
&
3.) I just feel I can do Cheaper, & better with a PC then I can do with Sony's PS4, & still get the same Output, anyways,
if not a better one at that, ~_~

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 4 of 12 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jun 19, 2013

The PS4 has worlds more power than the PS3.  What lead you to believe otherwise?

Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Message 5 of 12 (317 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6207 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

...I also didn't feel like piping in when I saw the signature as well as many people don't appreciate change or benefits in services (Really...you can't fathom paying to pay to improve the servers and hate getting free games and other perks, sucks to be you.Also check the specs between the PS4 vs PS3, sorry dude, you blind too?)...

Anyway, on PS3, roll to settings, go to video settings. Once there, select HDMI, deselect all but 720p. Done.

Message 6 of 12 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1820 posts

Jun 19, 2013

You guys are the only Blind ones... I said a PC can be cheaper, & yet still be better then a PS4...

I never said a PS3 was....

My point was, when my PS3 Breaks, i'm moving to PC, because I can get the same out of a PC as I can out of the PS4, & most likely cheaper, ~_~

Again, I said PC, not PS3, ~_~

Playstation 4
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 7 of 12 (280 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13733 posts

Jun 19, 2013

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

You guys are the only Blind ones... I said a PC can be cheaper, & yet still be better then a PS4...

I never said a PS3 was....

My point was, when my PS3 Breaks, i'm moving to PC, because I can get the same out of a PC as I can out of the PS4, & most likely cheaper, ~_~

Again, I said PC, not PS3, ~_~

Good for you, no one cares.

Least that means you won't come complaining here anymore.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 12 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1820 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

Actually, the only ones who are Blind are you... I never said the PS3 was better then the PS4...

If you clearly read it over, I said I was moving to the PC when my PS3 Breaks, because I can mostlikely get the same out of my PC that I can get out of the PS4, & most likely Cheaper, too...

I said the PC, not PS3...

As for the Second Part... About all that stuff... With Paid for Service, or whatever & get Free Games, & such...
No I don't believe in Pay To Play...

I can care less if there are Free Games in for a Monthly Fee... I just Simply do not Believe 1 Should be Obligated to Pay for such a Service...

I will pay for Cable, Internet, & Bills for a House, but I will not add Entertainment to that same list, I just won't... ~_~

What Next? We gonna be billed in order to Breath the Air we live in, too?

Playstation 4
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 9 of 12 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jun 19, 2013

You think you'll get a PC that does more than the PS4 and for cheaper?  An eight-core AMD Jaguar by itself is probably going to cost more than $400.  And then there's the 8 GB of GDDR5.  You're looking at well over $1,000.

Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Message 10 of 12 (263 Views)
0 Likes