Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Re: FIX THE HEADSETS

Dec 1, 2013

While you wait for your headset to work, you can do like i did.  Easy, cheap and works great.

http://youtu.be/fkSlTKCUKrY

Message 11 of 34 (209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 2, 2013

The point is this, having been told that headsets wouldn't work at launch would have saved thousands of Sony customers from countless attempts trying to figure out why their headsets did not work or if they even would work. As well as searching the internet for possible remedies to resolve this issue. Yes headsets will eventually work, when, only Sony knows and so far no Sony posts have been made as to the timeline for the patches needed to correct headsets.  They new this was an issue but neglected to inform anyone before selling the units. When I purchased the PS4 never was it mentioned or written that  headsets would not work and being one of the first countries to receive the ps4 just imagine the hours and frustration that I put in trying to figure out why my headset wasn't working and at the beginning of all this nobody knew but Sony and there wasn't any ports or blogs mentioning that headsets were not compatible. So myself and everyone else have a right to be a wee bit upset for the time we all  wasted calling Customer Care and the point at where the product was purchased for answers as well as searching the internet for solutions.

Message 12 of 34 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Dec 2, 2013
I would rather get the console with its launch issues than having to wait like the rest of the world and have these features ironed out
Message 13 of 34 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Dec 2, 2013
I do not get why people keep complaining about stuff that was addressed before the release of the system. Like I understand if Sony never said anything about it and you got the system but do some research or stop complaining. That said if you have a turtlebeach headset that worked through usb for chat then it will still work on the PS4.
Message 14 of 34 (178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 2, 2013

I agree , I have the sony wireless stereo (now called pulse...not elite though) and sure they were only 100 buck lol but they work great and I cant even use them because they dont have an adapter. Sony could have at least made thier own products compatible before putting out a patch for 3rd party headsets.

Message 15 of 34 (177 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1742 posts

Dec 2, 2013

johnnyblaze-808 wrote:

I agree , I have the sony wireless stereo (now called pulse...not elite though) and sure they were only 100 buck lol but they work great and I cant even use them because they dont have an adapter. Sony could have at least made thier own products compatible before putting out a patch for 3rd party headsets.

wait what? The first pulse headset doesnt' have a wireless usb dongle (I assume that's what you meant by adapter)?????

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Stereo-Headset-Playstation-3/dp/B0053OLY9O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=138...

Hmmmm, what is that in the second pic on there?

Message 16 of 34 (174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Dec 2, 2013
It's a USB dongle but he was talking about a adapter for stereo cord since it doesn't even have output for it..It has a USB for wireless output and a charge cord. The Pulse Elite (ver.2.0) has a Stereo output for use with the Vita and therefore will work with PS4's DS4..

And yes, I knew about incompatibility of the headset way before launch cause it was important to me. I love when people try to act like they know and try to make others look dumb...Then fail terribly.

Hmmmmm, I think Xbots may need your help. Go cap up that place, since you obviously are just here to be a **bleep**.
Message 17 of 34 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2013

As annoying as this is, ya gotta give it to sony atleast they didn't leave us completely stranded and included an ear piece (granted its garbage) with the PS4 which indicates they knew what they were doing when it came to updating the headset support. I suspect they are wanting to work out the bugs prior to unleashing peripheral support aside from the camera. Rumour has it there should be a patch for support in January.

Message 18 of 34 (162 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1742 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2013

PooPface560 wrote:
It's a USB dongle but he was talking about a adapter for stereo cord since it doesn't even have output for it..It has a USB for wireless output and a charge cord. The Pulse Elite (ver.2.0) has a Stereo output for use with the Vita and therefore will work with PS4's DS4..

And yes, I knew about incompatibility of the headset way before launch cause it was important to me. I love when people try to act like they know and try to make others look dumb...Then fail terribly.

Hmmmmm, I think Xbots may need your help. Go cap up that place, since you obviously are just here to be a **bleep**.

Oh shut it, this crap's getting annoying already. I wouldn't be surprised if info wasn't all over the place way b4 launch, but it was. And threads whining about it keep popping up every day. It's gettting old already. Search is there for a reason, and I don't just mean on this forum.

Nice name btw, what're you 10? lmao

Message 19 of 34 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1898 posts

Dec 2, 2013

im just mad that my afterglow headset doesn't even fit into the usb slot.  The dongle is too big to fit between the to portions of the ps4.  so far I've been using my S3 earbuds with it.

Message 20 of 34 (117 Views)
0 Likes