Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MVP Support
17232 posts

Re: Fix old PS3, or get a new one?

Jul 10, 2011

xero93 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

Different people have different cash flow and priorities.
Photobucket

Like me, who has no apparent cashflow until August, and horrible priorities.

Anyway, It seems like the $80 place just uses the same method as the DIY's online, according to my cousin. No thank you.

It'll definitly hurt my wallet, especially since I've been saving up for a note/netbook for uni, and possibly the Vita as well.

No way in hell I'm gonna try and fix it myself. Horrible luck with all things tech.

One more question - there's no way to salvage the info on my 60gb, is there? (unless of course, I decide to repair it)

Thanks for replies.

That's correct the best way to salvage your info is to get the old system working at least long enough to do a back up or transfer. They do make a hard drive USB enclosure that you may be able to use to retrieve your data but I haven't heard any success stories. Your best bet would be EE like Logical suggested. Your data will be safe and they offer a warranty. It's a reball service. Not bad for $100

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 10, 2011

Lifetime warranty for $80? Very interesting. Of course, the international shipping will kill (Speaking of which, do they even ship internationally?)

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (178 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17232 posts

Jul 10, 2011

xero93 wrote:

Lifetime warranty for $80? Very interesting. Of course, the international shipping will kill (Speaking of which, do they even ship internationally?)

The price Logical quoted was $100 not $80. You'd have to go to Endless Electronics website to find out about international shipping but since they are in America and this is a NA forum that wouldn't be an issue for most here. Except maybe Canadians.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 10, 2011

The 100 is reballing. 80 bucks for reflow, but I still get a lifetime guarantee. But I'll figure that stuff out at a later date.

And I emailed them to see if they accept international shipping, so now I just gotta wait. If they do, I'll go ahead and do that, if not, I'm getting a slim.

Once again, thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (178 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jul 10, 2011

xero93 wrote:

The 100 is reballing. 80 bucks for reflow, but I still get a lifetime guarantee. But I'll figure that stuff out at a later date.

And I emailed them to see if they accept international shipping, so now I just gotta wait. If they do, I'll go ahead and do that, if not, I'm getting a slim.

Once again, thanks for the help.

I would suggest going for the reball instead of the reflow/reball. The reason being is that if the reflow fails you will have to send it back in for a reball. A reball is much less likely to fail, and since you are dealing with international shipping who probably want to ship it as little as possible...

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (178 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17232 posts

Jul 10, 2011

Ah...I see now. A lifetime guarantee on a reflow? I'd read that carefully. Where are you (if you don't mind) that you need international shipping?

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (178 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jul 10, 2011

ne1atall wrote:

Ah...I see now. A lifetime guarantee on a reflow? I'd read that carefully. Where are you (if you don't mind) that you need international shipping?

Photobucket

With that service you get a reflow and should it fail you get a reball. I don't recommend it since I don't trust that reflows last. Plus for someone who lives outside of the USA, probably would not want to send in there system more than once, even if it were fixed for free...

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Either send back to Sony along with 100bucks (for u probably 125euro, Im kc) in exchange they will send u a brand new 160g slimmy! 

Ppl need to  fully understand the technology differences in  consoles. For me my 60 g is the best piece of hardware I have invested in and am not gonna downgrade to a slim loosing the ps2 hardware, multi card reader, and Linux,I yes I said Linux and the slim will not be able to run this amazing operating system turning your ps3 into a fullly functionaldesktop with thousands go games and apps. It can match any windows setup face it it's a pc ..... I could go on. Anyway at least u can throw the idea of spending 300 on a slim out your Canadian window. Hands down repair it. Sony is no longer producing even the 80gs. That dusty machine u have is an endangered species. Choose wisely mate.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (142 Views)
0 Likes