Dec 04 2012
By: Kenshin-dono Splicer 61 posts

First time setup question

4 replies 117 views Edited Dec 4, 2012

So i went to set up my Assassins Creed bundle for the first time and i ran into a problem. I couldn't finish the online registration part with my normal PSN account. It kept giving me the message it couldn't connect over and over again. I finally backed out (it doesn't let you go all the way back and pick another network o_O **bleep**?) and just selected the 'register later' option and it let me finish with a generic account. The problem is im not sure how to verify that i am now using my standard PSN account.

I went to the PSN store and when it asked to login i just picked the existing account option and typed my info in. However i see no option anywhere to check what user i am logged in as. How can i verify that I am, in fact, logged in as my main PSN account? (Kenshin-dono) I dont want to start setting things up and realize im still the 'generic user' Especially since if im not mistaken all saves and d.loads are locked onto a single account, aren't they?

Just worth noting, i did a full charge and did NOT have a memory card inserted when i set this all up. Im also wondering if the wifi is always on or what, since i dont see a button or anything to turn it off. Side question btw: Do you need a screen protector for this thing? It seems pretty sturdy and id rather not have to mess with putting one on if its not really necessary. As long as it wont scratch easy i should be good

Message 1 of 5 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

Re: First time setup question

Dec 4, 2012

Goto settings

then "Playstation network" tab.

Or check trophy list, or friendslist Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 5 (113 Views)
Splicer
61 posts

Dec 4, 2012

What the heck.. tried going over to the friends list and the playstation network tab and was told a system update was needed. I just updated this thing yesterday! Was there a patch since last night?

anyway didn't have time to run the update right now i'll do it when i get home, but isn't there a way to quickly check it? Like on the PS3 the far left tab just flat out shows you the user. Or you can see the user info on the top right scroll usually as well. Doesn't the vita have a section that just shows you what user is logged in? I find it strange if thats not the case

Like i said i dont want to still be logged on as the generic user. Because isn't everythign locked onto one account?

Message 3 of 5 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

Goto the settings section like I said and when you click playstation network it will show you everything. but, yeah 2.01 was added. Its a very minor small update

Message 4 of 5 (98 Views)
Splicer
61 posts

Dec 12, 2012

ya shows my name, guess thats the only way.. just seems clunky and lame. I would think they would list the user name on the top or on the side like the PS3 does. Honestly the Vitas interface is kinda crappy

well thanks for the help

Message 5 of 5 (63 Views)
0 Likes