First Son
31 posts

Re: First they say existing PSN services will be free....then this IGN interview

Feb 5, 2010

I love how the people who want PSn to stay free can stay mature in this discussion...

Ok, let me put it this way, why then do PC developers not charge for their services? 

Message 31 of 47 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1348 posts

Re: First they say existing PSN services will be free....then this IGN interview

Feb 5, 2010

Shadowofravenwol wrote:

I love how the people who want PSn to stay free can stay mature in this discussion...

Ok, let me put it this way, why then do PC developers not charge for their services? 

Lol I don't get what side ur question is on... But just a side note my last post may of been stupid, but I want it to be free too even though I never said that

Message 32 of 47 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Feb 5, 2010

Shadowofravenwol wrote:

Because their servers are smaller than psn or the other company and therefore do not need as much maintenance. You are one of those annoying people. And I hate those people.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sony, Please Bring back B/C to the PS3. We, the proud owners of large ps2 collections are counting on that.

In the mean time, the ps3 is a bad cookie.

And sony cant hear the truth about what bringing back bc will REALLY DO? makes sales go up up up |^
Message 33 of 47 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Feb 5, 2010

Well Sony Online Entertainment runs some of the bigger MMO's online to date. And all of those MMO's only have one set of code to deal with. Not like PSN that has to deal with multiple online games at once and streaming content like Video from the PSN Store. Now they want to offer some of that streaming content to other hardware like HDTV's with internet access, Blu-Ray players with internet access and Sony Walkman with internet access to download music. This is what SCEI wants to do and Kaz Hirai is the Senior President of the division tasked with doing that. He has repeatedly said that online access that is free now will stay free going forward.

He is just wanting to use the PSN hardware and software to leverage more money making opportunity for Sony. But do more Google, Bing or Yahoo searching to find the answer it is out there for you.

Message 34 of 47 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Feb 5, 2010
Wow ughughugh, hatred? Very mature. ^_~ My grandmother was always "cheap", and even saved her pennies. Now she has a live in caretaker, instead of being put in The Home. Lol, make as much fun of us "cheap" people as you want. We're not thousands of dollars in debt, and passing it on to our family though. I'll pay for the premium service IF it's a worthwhile investment, and comes with the features I want. The way PSN is now, I wouldn't expect anyone to pay for it.
Message 35 of 47 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Feb 5, 2010
More damage was dont to this console than online service.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sony, Please Bring back B/C to the PS3. We, the proud owners of large ps2 collections are counting on that.

In the mean time, the ps3 is a bad cookie.

And sony cant hear the truth about what bringing back bc will REALLY DO? makes sales go up up up |^
Message 36 of 47 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Feb 5, 2010
A little off topic but in reference to your sig. I was in Best Buy one day and looking at PS3 games. A young coulple next to me with a salesperson and they asked if they buy a PS3 could they play the PS2 games on them. The  salesguy says not and the couple frowned, then went to the 360 section. Yeah so having BC make a big difference in sales.

ughughugh wrote:
then again, ps3 accepted all the cheap people by doing that. Can't afford $4.25 or less a month, too bad.

Message 37 of 47 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Feb 5, 2010

DuoMaxwell007 wrote:

Shadowofravenwol wrote:

ughughugh wrote:
then again, ps3 accepted all the cheap people by doing that. Can't afford $4.25 or less a month, too bad.
Yes that is clearly it. It couldn't be that I have other expenses like mortgage, car loan, food, cost of living, and don't want to pay anymore for a hobby than I have to. But hey, living with mom and dad gives you a real sense of living on your own. Also, Live in Canada is $60 a year + Harper's 13%. That is a game's cost. 

Shadowofravenwol wrote:

ughughugh wrote:
Yes that is clearly it. It couldn't be that I have other expenses like mortgage, car loan, food, cost of living, and don't want to pay anymore for a hobby than I have to. But hey, living with mom and dad gives you a real sense of living on your own. Also, Live in Canada is $60 a year + Harper's 13%. That is a game's cost. 

so youre saying after all your bills and whatnot are paid, spending an extra 5 bucks a month is seriously cutting into your budget? Umm somoene making MINIMUM WAGE wouldnt miss 5 measly bucks a month... I mean who here can tell me they dont go to the movies, eat fast food, drink or smoke at least once a month? that right there is 5 bucks and your doing that so you can do it for PSN too if it came to that

what is YOUR probelm if we dont want to spend our 5$ on digital entertaiment? i paid 600$ for my ps3 then after 3 years of use i got YLOD i spend another 300 for my ps3 slim why the hell will i want to pay another 5$/month for the next "10 year lifespan"? i chose ps3 because its ridiculus to pay for online gaming even if the company have to pay for the servers and bla bla bla its there problem they should makin there money from the game sales and DLC (that usualy in nowdays is on the game ALREADY).
Message 38 of 47 (19 Views)
First Son
31 posts

Feb 5, 2010

ANTRAS wrote:

DuoMaxwell007 wrote:

Shadowofravenwol wrote:

ughughugh wrote:

Shadowofravenwol wrote:

ughughugh wrote:

so youre saying after all your bills and whatnot are paid, spending an extra 5 bucks a month is seriously cutting into your budget? Umm somoene making MINIMUM WAGE wouldnt miss 5 measly bucks a month... I mean who here can tell me they dont go to the movies, eat fast food, drink or smoke at least once a month? that right there is 5 bucks and your doing that so you can do it for PSN too if it came to that

what is YOUR probelm if we dont want to spend our 5$ on digital entertaiment? i paid 600$ for my ps3 then after 3 years of use i got YLOD i spend another 300 for my ps3 slim why the hell will i want to pay another 5$/month for the next "10 year lifespan"? i chose ps3 because its ridiculus to pay for online gaming even if the company have to pay for the servers and bla bla bla its there problem they should makin there money from the game sales and DLC (that usualy in nowdays is on the game ALREADY).
I just laugh at the anger. You really need to be a fanboy or have something going on in your life to get that worked up over an opinion on the internet.

Message 39 of 47 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
883 posts

Feb 5, 2010

why is this such a big fight?

there is no arguement, turning the ps3 completely pay and play is not right, nor fair, we DO pay our bills that SHOULD be enough. and for those who just suffered system complications, sony needs to aknowledge how many people stayed sony, even though they had to pay for sonys screw up because it happened JUST outside of warranty! 

at the same time, if you would like to see Sony continue to produce new online content, new updates, and not just maintain, but pay to keep up the servers, then they need money. technically, when you pay for you game, you contribute. this is appreciated by all. and purchasing things through the store when your interested and have the money is another great way to put some money in their pockets. anybody who knows anything about reality knows they need money to keep doing things.

now, there has been more speculation to premium accounts then pay-and-play. there is no arguement that can be made against these either, unless they stripped the users of their basic abilities and made them pay for them using the premiums, then that is wrong. BUT, if the premiums were a deal like some free dl's, maybe early access to some demos/betas, and a higher priority when joining servers for games, anything like these could be considered, and if the price was tolerable, then those who are willing to pay could. and if you dont like the payment, it doesnt effect you, you still have all you had before, \

and one must note, the ps3 especially spoils us for what we got. you can search the web on a fully functioning browser, you can play games with people, you can chat, you can watch movies on both the net, and in on disc (blueray, anyone?), a store that updates weekly (which is GOOD for people who arent making MILLIONS just off a "sony live" concept),if you have an old model you put a new OS on it,and they have been reducing their prices. i have a great system, and i am happy with sony, and though i dont support taking away free online, i do support finding alternative ways other then "Home" to make some money, especially considering how many snotty rich kids could pay it off and keep the company happy while i go on playing for free on a non-premium account..

Message 40 of 47 (19 Views)