Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/04/2008
Offline
963 posts
 

Re: First they say existing PSN services will be free....then this IGN interview

Feb 4, 2010
ill pay the 50 bucks a year you spend more then that on a video game nowadays
Message 21 of 47 (14 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/23/2009
Offline
31 posts
 

Re: First they say existing PSN services will be free....then this IGN interview

Feb 4, 2010

Someone mentioned retarding community growth. According to this (which is a year old), at the time only 50% of Xbox owners have Live Gold. http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Only-Half-Of-Xbox-360-Owners-Have-Xbox-Live-Gold-Subscriptions-1560...

 

That is just under 19 million for 37 million 360s. In the article I posted 40 million people were accessing PSN (I assume that number includes people who are using as PS2 still). Do you think 40 million are going to be willing to pay for a pay to play service? Probably less than 50% will as PSN is widely considered inferior to Live (I disagree when it comes to the gaming aspect). Even if it is 50%, guess what? That is half of the people not paying. 

Message 22 of 47 (14 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/07/2009
Offline
235 posts
 

Re: First they say existing PSN services will be free....then this IGN interview

Feb 5, 2010

Shadowofravenwol wrote:

Someone mentioned retarding community growth. According to this (which is a year old), at the time only 50% of Xbox owners have Live Gold. http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Only-Half-Of-Xbox-360-Owners-Have-Xbox-Live-Gold-Subscriptions-1560...

 

That is just under 19 million for 37 million 360s. In the article I posted 40 million people were accessing PSN (I assume that number includes people who are using as PS2 still). Do you think 40 million are going to be willing to pay for a pay to play service? Probably less than 50% will as PSN is widely considered inferior to Live (I disagree when it comes to the gaming aspect). Even if it is 50%, guess what? That is half of the people not paying. 


 

Does that 50% of non gold members include the ones who don't care for online gaming? They are gonna require payment for online gaming to increase profit which will help improve the service for everyone who has a ps3. Quit complaining about a minor $5.00 a month online service. That's less than what a value meal at mcdonald's costs. Bad cookies in this world disgust me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sony, Please Bring back B/C to the PS3. We, the proud owners of large ps2 collections are counting on that.

In the mean time, the ps3 is a bad cookie.

And sony cant hear the truth about what bringing back bc will REALLY DO? makes sales go up up up |^
Message 23 of 47 (14 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 01/15/2010
Offline
87 posts
 

Re: First they say existing PSN services will be free....then this IGN interview

Feb 5, 2010
wow, how can anyone support paying for something rather than it being free.
Message 24 of 47 (14 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/05/2008
Offline
2785 posts
 

Re: First they say existing PSN services will be free....then this IGN interview

Feb 5, 2010

The main reason I stick to this console is because of the free online service. It looked like a better investment in the long run even though it was more expensive then. I can make as much accounts as I want so that no one in the family has to share an online account, unlike the other system. I live with a family of 6, and 4 of us play video games, so this makes it an excellent deal.

 

I don't want to have to pay another $600 by the end of the gen because they suddenly decided to charge for the current service. I don't think they'll decide to since it would be 1 less reason for people to buy a ps3, but I hate when people just jump on everyone and call them cheap. 

Feel free to add my newer account NatalieG_

Message 25 of 47 (14 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/22/2006
Offline
4226 posts
 

Re: First they say existing PSN services will be free....then this IGN interview

Feb 5, 2010

Shadowofravenwol wrote:
I hope that is what it is. I'll be pissed as I waited for a reply from Sony (which we got) from Sony saying PSN would stay free. Now this guy is hinting at something else. I hope I didn't buy the system, and now will be charged for online gaming. Might as well go back to Live then.

PSN is better than live 

http://www.playstation4dreams.com

http://www.youtube.com/SubtenkoGaming
http://www.facebook.com/Subtenko

Best gaming moments with people like you everyday! Gta V Online, H1Z1, The Forest, & More.

Steam: Subtenko
Message 26 of 47 (14 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 03/01/2009
Offline
81 posts
 

Re: First they say existing PSN services will be free....then this IGN interview

Feb 5, 2010
cheap skates just want to continue to milk sony for all they are worth. They are like to stick their heads in the ground and pretend no one sees them leeching off sony but the bigwigs up at sony have grown tired of it.



Waiting on Dantes Inferno!!!
Message 27 of 47 (14 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
1755 posts
 

Re: First they say existing PSN services will be free....then this IGN interview

Feb 5, 2010
this is what made our system and network so exclusive but now they are taking it away from the loyal customers guess they are feeling the pressure of the recession too
Check out my clan at shadowcompanyhq.com, tell them I sent you Photobucket
Message 28 of 47 (14 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/17/2008
Offline
1348 posts
 

Re: First they say existing PSN services will be free....then this IGN interview

Feb 5, 2010

zafird wrote:
LOL I just finsished reading the article, and he says ps3's will be around for another 10 years.  They say that at the launch of them, and ps3's are failing in 3 years due to ylod.  Good luck getting past 5 years.

Ya they don't last but he meant you don't need to upgrade your hardware since it's already sort of top of the line. ALl that you must do to keep it good is software updates... But ya I don't think your PS3 would last the long anyways but LOL!

Message 29 of 47 (14 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/17/2008
Offline
1348 posts
 

Re: First they say existing PSN services will be free....then this IGN interview

Feb 5, 2010

zafird wrote:

Shadowofravenwol wrote:

ughughugh wrote:
then again, ps3 accepted all the cheap people by doing that. Can't afford $4.25 or less a month, too bad.
Yes that is clearly it. It couldn't be that I have other expenses like mortgage, car loan, food, cost of living, and don't want to pay anymore for a hobby than I have to. But hey, living with mom and dad gives you a real sense of living on your own. Also, Live in Canada is $60 a year + Harper's 13%. That is a game's cost. 

 


 

Dude I feel ya, we need Green Party in there.  Screw the other guys.

LMFAO green party wants to make weed legal!!!!

Message 30 of 47 (14 Views)
Reply
0 Likes