Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
31 posts

Re: First they say existing PSN services will be free....then this IGN interview

Feb 4, 2010

ughughugh wrote:
i didnt say it directly to you. And i also live on my own. If you cant afford the small monthly fee the, If your system breaks, youre screwed.
I can afford a new system. I just refuse to pay to play a product I have paid full price for, and likely purchased new to support the developers/Sony. 

Message 11 of 47 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Re: First they say existing PSN services will be free....then this IGN interview

Feb 4, 2010

DuoMaxwell007 wrote:

Shadowofravenwol wrote:

ughughugh wrote:
then again, ps3 accepted all the cheap people by doing that. Can't afford $4.25 or less a month, too bad.
Yes that is clearly it. It couldn't be that I have other expenses like mortgage, car loan, food, cost of living, and don't want to pay anymore for a hobby than I have to. But hey, living with mom and dad gives you a real sense of living on your own. Also, Live in Canada is $60 a year + Harper's 13%. That is a game's cost. 

Shadowofravenwol wrote:

ughughugh wrote:
then again, ps3 accepted all the cheap people by doing that. Can't afford $4.25 or less a month, too bad.
Yes that is clearly it. It couldn't be that I have other expenses like mortgage, car loan, food, cost of living, and don't want to pay anymore for a hobby than I have to. But hey, living with mom and dad gives you a real sense of living on your own. Also, Live in Canada is $60 a year + Harper's 13%. That is a game's cost. 

so youre saying after all your bills and whatnot are paid, spending an extra 5 bucks a month is seriously cutting into your budget? Umm somoene making MINIMUM WAGE wouldnt miss 5 measly bucks a month... I mean who here can tell me they dont go to the movies, eat fast food, drink or smoke at least once a month? that right there is 5 bucks and your doing that so you can do it for PSN too if it came to that

LOL. Get a clue kid. It's getting more and more expensive just to live. Hence why video games are a luxury. I can afford it. I refuse to pay to play a game I purchased.

Message 12 of 47 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Feb 4, 2010
someone who agrees and has common sense about this. i agree with you duomaxwell. If you cant afford $4.20 a month for improved online gameplay, youre cheap and might as well stop with the gameplay.
Message Edited by ughughugh on 02-03-2010 11:07 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sony, Please Bring back B/C to the PS3. We, the proud owners of large ps2 collections are counting on that.

In the mean time, the ps3 is a bad cookie.

And sony cant hear the truth about what bringing back bc will REALLY DO? makes sales go up up up |^
Message 13 of 47 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Feb 4, 2010

Shadowofravenwol wrote:

DuoMaxwell007 wrote:

Shadowofravenwol wrote:

ughughugh wrote:

Shadowofravenwol wrote:

ughughugh wrote:

so youre saying after all your bills and whatnot are paid, spending an extra 5 bucks a month is seriously cutting into your budget? Umm somoene making MINIMUM WAGE wouldnt miss 5 measly bucks a month... I mean who here can tell me they dont go to the movies, eat fast food, drink or smoke at least once a month? that right there is 5 bucks and your doing that so you can do it for PSN too if it came to that

LOL. Get a clue kid. It's getting more and more expensive just to live. Hence why video games are a luxury. I can afford it. I refuse to pay to play a game I purchased.

lol kid? first off Im willing to bet Im older thanyou and secondly I hav bills to pay as well and 5 bucks a month wouldnt kill me, as for "paying to play a game you purchased" WRONG nothings stopping you from playing whatever it is you purchased, theyd just be stopping you from playing it online... so just stick to offline gaming (nless its an online only game) problem solved. Also I doubt sony would so such a thing as them being free is what gives them a selling point over Xbox and even then even xbox has a "free service (xbox live silver anyone?

Also if it does happen I dont see why all of you are acting so shocked... this wouldnt be the first time Sony didnt honor what theyve said or said one thing and turned around and did teh opposite -cough- Backwards Compatibility -cough-

Message 14 of 47 (21 Views)
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Feb 4, 2010
agreed duo. i think this kids one of the cheapa***s here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sony, Please Bring back B/C to the PS3. We, the proud owners of large ps2 collections are counting on that.

And sony cant hear the truth about what bringing back bc will REALLY DO? makes sales go up up up |^
Message 15 of 47 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10027 posts

Feb 4, 2010

Shadowofravenwol wrote:

<quote>MMaybe a longer answer to a shorter question, but I thinkthere is just tremendous improvements to the PlayStation Network, which leadsme to your last question: will we charge for it or why don't we charge for it?

Make anymore sense?  I will try and rephrase it: "But i think there is just more improvements that can be made to PSN.  Which leads me to your last question; Will we charge for it? Or why dont we?"  - Meaning; They are wondering if they are making improvements to the network - Which will cost a lot of money - Why not charge for it?  To maintain this higher level of improvements, I.E features.

Make sense?  Panic over?

Message 16 of 47 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Feb 4, 2010

if youre cheap about paying 5 bucks a month for online play, youre a bad cookie...

And i hate bad cookies!

Message Edited by ughughugh on 02-03-2010 11:34 PM

Message 17 of 47 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
883 posts

Feb 4, 2010
I actually implore Sony to find SOME kind of online pay-to-play, though i much rather pay for an online premium account. I am canadian as well, and to be honest, i dont mind the 13% (because its been here so long, its not new), and though i hate harper, it's NOT harpers tax unless you want to point out the idiot managed to lower it from our 15%..and i dont like to give credit to harper for anything, so we wont mention that.. i also live on my own, i also work full time to make ends meet, i am also paying over 30k in debt, and all my own bills, i have virtually no family, and recieve no free money from anyone in the world... but if sony could find a cheap and effective way for me to pay each month to go towards improving a community that gives me rest and relaxation at the end of a stressful day, then yes, i will contribute. i do not believe though that we should pay for online, cuz as you guys mentioned, we pay our bills, why pay more for net? but a premium account, or the ability to temporarily turn an existing account premium for a low amount each month/year would give those who have the money the ability to spend it on something we have decided proper to contribute to. and guys, especially the canadians, make sure to check your local eb/gamestops, and compare with wal mart... if you dont want to spend so much on games, dont spend 60$ on each game. i have just short of 30 games, borderlands was the only one i paid 59.99$, but i got my res5 for  $19.99.
Message Edited by artchemist on 02-04-2010 05:02 AM
Message 18 of 47 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1749 posts

Feb 4, 2010
    At this point in time I think this could be a bad move on Sony's part. Almost all the people I know who game online on the PS3 do so because it's free. Those of us who already pay for online most likely will not do so on two systems. I really don't see anyone switching over just to have to pay for online again, especially if they are already paying like myself.
-This Space for Rent-
Message 19 of 47 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5678 posts

Feb 4, 2010

lol how is a person cheap if he has a PS3.

i would be disappointed IF SONY do this..........

Premium is better idea to me and keep everything we have now for free.

we wont lose customers and SONY will make money 4 ppl who pay for premium service like me.

Message 20 of 47 (21 Views)
0 Likes