Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 04 2010
By: Shadowofravenwol First Son 31 posts

First they say existing PSN services will be free....then this IGN interview...

46 replies 94 views Edited Feb 4, 2010

Article: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1065686p2.html

<quote>MMaybe a longer answer to a shorter question, but I thinkthere is just tremendous improvements to the PlayStation Network, which leadsme to your last question: will we charge for it or why don't we charge for it?It's been our philosophy not to charge for it from launch up until now, but Kazrecently went on the record as saying that's something we're looking at. I canconfirm that as well. That's something that we're actively thinking about.What's the best way to approach that if we were to do that? You know, noannouncements at this point in time, but it's something we're thinkingabout. </quote>

No reaffirmation that existing services will remain free. I really hope Sony will not start charging to play our games online. The fee for Live is one of the reasons I recently switched to the PS3. What do you think? Forgotten? Or foreshadowing  a pay to play charge?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 47 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Re: First they say existing PSN services will be free....then this IGN interview

Feb 4, 2010
The sony guy sounds like a royal ***hole all the way through.  Were are giving our money to him. Wow
I am always ready to help anyone in need. Just pm me. If I don't know the answer I'll direct you to someone who does.
Also if you want direct chat help. Send me a pm with your name and a meeting time with timezone and we can select a time to meet. Come to http://xat.com/PS3_Help
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 47 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Re: First they say existing PSN services will be free....then this IGN interview

Feb 4, 2010
then again, ps3 accepted all the cheap people by doing that. Can't afford $4.25 or less a month, too bad.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sony, Please Bring back B/C to the PS3. We, the proud owners of large ps2 collections are counting on that.

In the mean time, the ps3 is a bad cookie.

And sony cant hear the truth about what bringing back bc will REALLY DO? makes sales go up up up |^
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 47 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Feb 4, 2010
I hope that is what it is. I'll be pissed as I waited for a reply from Sony (which we got) from Sony saying PSN would stay free. Now this guy is hinting at something else. I hope I didn't buy the system, and now will be charged for online gaming. Might as well go back to Live then.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 47 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Feb 4, 2010
LOL I just finsished reading the article, and he says ps3's will be around for another 10 years.  They say that at the launch of them, and ps3's are failing in 3 years due to ylod.  Good luck getting past 5 years.
I am always ready to help anyone in need. Just pm me. If I don't know the answer I'll direct you to someone who does.
Also if you want direct chat help. Send me a pm with your name and a meeting time with timezone and we can select a time to meet. Come to http://xat.com/PS3_Help
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 47 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Feb 4, 2010

ughughugh wrote:
then again, ps3 accepted all the cheap people by doing that. Can't afford $4.25 or less a month, too bad.
Yes that is clearly it. It couldn't be that I have other expenses like mortgage, car loan, food, cost of living, and don't want to pay anymore for a hobby than I have to. But hey, living with mom and dad gives you a real sense of living on your own. Also, Live in Canada is $60 a year + Harper's 13%. That is a game's cost. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 47 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Feb 4, 2010

Shadowofravenwol wrote:

ughughugh wrote:
Yes that is clearly it. It couldn't be that I have other expenses like mortgage, car loan, food, cost of living, and don't want to pay anymore for a hobby than I have to. But hey, living with mom and dad gives you a real sense of living on your own. Also, Live in Canada is $60 a year + Harper's 13%. That is a game's cost. 

Dude I feel ya, we need Green Party in there.  Screw the other guys.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 47 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Feb 4, 2010
i didnt say it directly to you. And i also live on my own. If you cant afford the small monthly fee the, If your system breaks, youre screwed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sony, Please Bring back B/C to the PS3. We, the proud owners of large ps2 collections are counting on that.

In the mean time, the ps3 is a bad cookie.

And sony cant hear the truth about what bringing back bc will REALLY DO? makes sales go up up up |^
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 47 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Feb 4, 2010

zafird wrote:

Shadowofravenwol wrote:

ughughugh wrote:

Dude I feel ya, we need Green Party in there.  Screw the other guys.
Not to go off topic, but we have no leadership in this counrty. All the leaders of the parties sound the exact same, and clueless tools.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 47 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Feb 4, 2010

Shadowofravenwol wrote:

ughughugh wrote:

Shadowofravenwol wrote:

ughughugh wrote:

so youre saying after all your bills and whatnot are paid, spending an extra 5 bucks a month is seriously cutting into your budget? Umm somoene making MINIMUM WAGE wouldnt miss 5 measly bucks a month... I mean who here can tell me they dont go to the movies, eat fast food, drink or smoke at least once a month? that right there is 5 bucks and your doing that so you can do it for PSN too if it came to that

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 47 (94 Views)