Uncharted Territory
1796 posts

Re: First party games going down hill

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2012

From what I have noticed over the years of owning a PS3... Most Gamers just move on to the most Recent, & Newest Games being Released, they quickely beat their Games, & then sell them for cash, so that they can move on to the Next Big Game out there... 

This is probably why all the Servers on such, & such Games are dying already, & all of a sudden, not because of COD, or what not... Even COD Games are experiencing this as well... I mean have you even seen anyone playing on a Server in COD 4 recently, that is? 

I have actually tried setting up a Club in PS HOME, to get people into their older Games all over again... Find new ways to keep people interested... I even got many people to find Interest in my Club, however thing is, they don't seem to be willing to follow through with their interests at this point... Even now my Club has yet to even start working... 

The Games just loose their Hype as fast as Developers are Making their Games... 

This is Concering, because people are getting bored of Games faster, & faster now... Developers have to keep up to keep people more interested, & keep things Fresh, however as Developers Evolve the Gamming Genre, so do the Gamers...

Pretty soon, Gamers will obviously out live, that of even the Developers... aka, eventually causing a problem in the Gaming Industry... 

(Out Live? You know what I mean... Become Bored beyond Saving aka Beyond Return... Causing Developers to loose Money)

I can honestly say, I paid for all my Games, still own all of them, & even still play them over, & over again... I own 55 Games, probably half of which are Collector Games... 

I favor Single Player Games over Online, souly because of this issue right here, & now... When a Server Dies, so does your Game, because that is all your Game Supports... Where as a Single Player Game, it lasts till you stop playing... Even if Multiplayer, or Online Play does not work, you can always just play Single Player...

So I am happy I only own 1 Game based on only playing Online, which is MAG, & as we all know, MAG still has Life in it, so far, anyhow... xD! 

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 11 of 13 (100 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Jul 4, 2012

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

The Games just loose their Hype as fast as Developers are Making their Games... 

This is Concerning, because people are getting bored of Games faster, & faster now... Developers have to keep up to keep people more interested, & keep things Fresh, however as Developers Evolve the Gaming Genre, so do the Gamers...

This is the bane that online multiplayer has introduced into the industry.

Developers bring out these games that are primarily multiplayer, have no good engrossing single player element.  Unleash it on a population weary with multiplayer, and then wait to see how long it takes them to become bored with the product.

I am going on record right now and say Multiplayer as a concept sucks.

Let's look at it objectively.  What is multiplayer?  It's paintball.  Virtual paintball.  Again, and again, and again.  With minor variations of team capture the death kill whatever.  It is only as good as it's maps, and it's only interesting as long as those maps are newish.

After that, it is the same thing again and again.  So you look to a new game for a slightly different set of maps and play dynamics, and then repeat.

Now what has multiplayer done to the industry?  It has become the dominant consideration in game development now, at the expense of the single player experience.  Story, in an FPS game has become almost non existent.  There has been no real evolution in enemy AI because, why would they bother?  You can go online and get that.

A good, engrossing story based Single player game will always keep you coming back.  It is like a movie in that respect.  I own lots of movies, and watch them more than once.  Because the story keeps me coming back.

We are a culture based on telling stories, and telling them repeatedly.  We have been since the first tribes started communicating.

I personally prefer story based single player games.  I have bought every one I own new, and just like with my movie collection, would never think of selling them.

I go back and play the Metal Gear series again, PS1 and PS2, just to relive the twists and turns of the plot.

I still play Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3 every year around Halloween, just to get in the Holiday mood.  Because few Hollywood movies can compete with the scare factor in those games and their stories. 

I go back and play the Uncharted games again.  Single player, not multi, because I want to experience the character personalities again.

I will play Mass Effect many times, for the Drama, and the emotion.

Try getting this from a Multiplayer game.  You can't.  Once the maps become too memorized, the respawn points too well known, and the sniper positions too crowded.  The game is done.  It has nothing to bring you back.  And you must move on to the next one.

Death to Multiplayer I say.  Bring back the quality single player game.  Multiplayer should only be an added bonus, as it was originally meant to be, not the main focus.  And it should not be forced into a game, simply as a Red Herring to sell  network membership fees or advertising.

Be One With The Game.

Message 12 of 13 (93 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1796 posts

Jul 5, 2012

First off, I disagree with half of what you said, but for the most part you agreed with me, so yes... I am just going to say... 
Sony should go back to their old Roots... Other Platforms should do the same... 

If Games really are just being bought, played, & then sold... & people are just moving on to the Next Game... 
Gamming Companies should start focusing on Single Player Aspects, & start making Multi-Player an Optional Idea... 

Because by doing so, will keep Games from becomming Unplayable in the Future, due to a Server Discontinuation... 
This will save those Games from DEATH... 

It's sad really, why would a Company create such a horrible idea, in the first place... Oh, wait, I almost forgot, their MONEY HOGS, Smiley Sad 

I would laugh, if it was the End of the World, all those Ginormous Rich People would be all lost without their Money... 
And i'd be like now what ya gonna do, wheres your money now, oO 

Money can't save you from the end, lOlz... 
Just messen, I wouldn't say that, or would I, oO 

Games are not fun without Multiplayer, however if you rid us of our Single Player Modes, the Game will only last as long as your Servers do... Give us a Single Player Mode, so that our Games can last even longer then your servers do... xD!

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 13 of 13 (72 Views)
0 Likes