Dec 07 2012
By: kwiceman First Son 2 posts

First community spotlight post

0 replies 74 views Edited Dec 7, 2012

Man, first time I dealt with Playstation...I'd have to say that I was probably the happiest kid on the island. it was back in 1998; I had been wanting a playstation since it released, particularly my uncle's Playstation. He had the first one in Key West, along with every launch game. So whenever I went to visit his parents/my grandparents, I'd always run up to his room, pop in a disc, and play whatever he had. And I KILLED at Crash Bandicoot Warped, probably my favorite game at 8 years old. Well, it had been a bit of a financially rough year for my parents, and I wasn't going to ask my parents to get me anything that expensive; I don't even think I asked anyone for a Playstation.

Anyways, Christmas rolls around, my sister celebrated her first Christmas, and everyone was having a blast. My uncle pulls me aside and tells me, "Hey, I left your gift in your room. Go open it." I head to my room, and..no present. I look on my bed, in my closet, on my bookshelves. Nothing. Finally my uncle says, " Check behind the TV." I looked and there it was; that sweet block of gray just begging to be connected to my TV. When I finally stopped doing my happy dance, my uncle tossed me a controller and told me that my game was already in the console. Which game? Crash Bandicoot Warped. And thus began a long commitment to Playstation. From Crash, Snake (MGS), Tanner (Driver), and Spyro to Kratos (God of War), Cole (inFAMOUS), Sackboy (LBP), and the boys of Killzone, it's an epic of a boy and his consoles. So yeah, Playstation always has a place in my home. Or on the go. depends on my mood.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Joyous Kwanzaa, Joyeaux Noel, Happy Holidays, whatever you wanna say, the good cheer is still there

Message 1 of 1 (74 Views)
0 Likes