Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6385 posts

Re: First Charge

Dec 1, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

Heh I wasn't saying you were complaining at all.

I was just trying to explain it better to you, seem you had gotten what I said confused or something, no big deal. I just think it's important for the OP to know batteries usally take longer to charge than what the actual battery gauge or lights will tell you.

haha sorry about that :smileyhappy:.  i agree. i think tech is getting more  better, back in my day we had a  charger but you had to crank them all you got was about  1-3 hr of power  or you used a  gas  crank that lasted all night.  Electric  was not used as freely  like was today.  You couldnt own a tv or phone back in my day as kid. But little be know iphone phone s etc  and all that stuff was  was a thought  at the time.

I have my grandpa's tv in the basement of my home  it takes nickel or dime to  watch.. 

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 16 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Yeah, it charges hella fast.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 16 (232 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Dec 1, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

I was just trying to explain it better to you, seem you had gotten what I said confused or something, no big deal. I just think it's important for the OP to know batteries usally take longer to charge than what the actual battery gauge or lights will tell you.

haha sorry about that :smileyhappy:.  i agree. i think tech is getting more  better, back in my day we had a  charger but you had to crank them all you got was about  1-3 hr of power  or you used a  gas  crank that lasted all night.  Electric  was not used as freely  like was today.  You couldnt own a tv or phone back in my day as kid. But little be know iphone phone s etc  and all that stuff was  was a thought  at the time.

I have my grandpa's tv in the basement of my home  it takes nickel or dime to  watch.. 

Lol are you serious? Never heard of such a thing, that must be very old indeed.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 16 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6385 posts

Dec 1, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

Yes im serious.  If i remember it  correct from him telling me   when you put  money it  at the end of the month some came and collected the  money, becuase again electric was not freelly used or owned in those times .  Everything was leased, not it was like it was today where you paid paper  bill, they actually came and collected it.

Yes its  very old.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 16 (218 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 2, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

I never heard of such a thing either for someone's home. In the past I have seen coin operated TVs at places like bus stations and train stations, where these TVs would be connected to a chair for semi-private viewing. Something to do while one waits...

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 16 (208 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

I never heard of such a thing either for someone's home. In the past I have seen coin operated TVs at places like bus stations and train stations, where these TVs would be connected to a chair for semi-private viewing. Something to do while one waits...

Here is a link listing various ads for various coin operated TVs from the 40's & 50's, they all talk about using them in public places:

http://www.earlytelevision.org/pay_as_you_look.html

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 16 (206 Views)
0 Likes