Nov 30 2012
By: Sawyer1490 First Son 3 posts

First Charge

15 replies 765 views Edited Nov 30, 2012

Hello Everyone

I just Bought a new PSVita and I need to know

How long do I have to charge it for the first time?

And how many times do I have to repeat the process before using it normally?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (765 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4145 posts

Re: First Charge

Nov 30, 2012

Moved from PS3 Support. :smileyhappy:

space_cape!!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (754 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Message 3 of 16 (748 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
836 posts

Nov 30, 2012
As with many electronics, the first initial charge will always take longer than the rest. The charge is indicated by the Vitas "PS BUTTON", which will light up orange when it is plugged in (And will blink orange if it is less than 10% charged). When the orange light goes out, it is done charging. The first initial charge will probably take around 4-ish hours depending on battery depletion, where as the rest can take anywhere from 1 and a half hours to 2 and a half hours, also depending on how depleted the battery is. Depending on your settings, such as screen brightness, the Vita will get around 5-6 and a half hours of play off a single charge when playing games alone.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (707 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Dec 1, 2012

I have found that if you charge it just till the light goes off you aren't getting a full charge, If I say let my VIta charge for like 7-8 hours.. I seriously can get a good 6-7 hours of play out of it.

If I charge till the light goes off then use it I notice at least mine won't last nearly as long, only maybe 3-5 hours rather than if I had left it on to charger for longer. Most electronics all needs to be charged for at least 8 hours or most mine do.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (702 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6345 posts

Dec 1, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

I have found that if you charge it just till the light goes off you aren't getting a full charge, If I say let my VIta charge for like 7-8 hours.. I seriously can get a good 6-7 hours of play out of it.

If I charge till the light goes off then use it I notice at least mine won't last nearly as long, only maybe 3-5 hours rather than if I had left it on to charger for longer. Most electronics all needs to be charged for at least 8 hours or most mine do.

mine didnt take that long.  maybe 2- 3 hrs i found it charges very fast btw. lol

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (691 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Dec 1, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

mine didnt take that long.  maybe 2- 3 hrs i found it charges very fast btw. lol

It's not that mine takes that long, it easily says it's charged in 3 hours. I am just saying 3 hours is not a full charge, batteries all usually aren't perfect at gauging their capacity. Most the time they will say they are charged and still could be charged for longer. My Vita light will go off in 3 hours but I am just saying I noticed if I just charge it for 3 hours, it will only last about that long. If I charge longer even when the light went out, I noticed I get way longer use out of it.

So for me I just say I recommend charging it for longer. Same goes for my phones and laptops, I always just charge it as long as most devices recommend which is usually 7-8 hours.

For example just bought some phones for my siblings, they said to charge them for 8 hours in the manual to get full use out of the battery. Of course though before the 8 hours was up, the phone already said it was charged. My point is the gauge is never perfectly accurate for the most part.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (687 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6345 posts

Dec 1, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

It's not that mine takes that long, it easily says it's charged in 3 hours. I am just saying 3 hours is not a full charge, batteries all usually aren't perfect at gauging their capacity. Most the time they will say they are charged and still could be charged for longer. My Vita light will go off in 3 hours but I am just saying I noticed if I just charge it for 3 hours, it will only last about that long. If I charge longer even when the light went out, I noticed I get way longer use out of it.

So for me I just say I recommend charging it for longer. Same goes for my phones and laptops, I always just charge it as long as most devices recommend which is usually 7-8 hours.

For example just bought some phones for my siblings, they said to charge them for 8 hours in the manual to get full use out of the battery. Of course though before the 8 hours was up, the phone already said it was charged. My point is the gauge is never perfectly accurate for the most part.

i wasnt complaining your charge lol.. i was just  saying the charge is kinda fast, i agree with you.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (683 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

Heh I wasn't saying you were complaining at all.

I was just trying to explain it better to you, seem you had gotten what I said confused or something, no big deal. I just think it's important for the OP to know batteries usally take longer to charge than what the actual battery gauge or lights will tell you.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (680 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1151 posts

Dec 1, 2012
I usually just play through the day and charge it at night. But when i dio charge it for two hours only i notice that it ran out of battery in like 45 minutes. And it said it was fully charged

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (661 Views)
0 Likes