Dec 17 2010
By: Krondelo Lombax Warrior 191 posts

Finally bought myself a PSP!

11 replies 10 views Edited Dec 17, 2010

I have wanted one of these ever since I first laid eyes on one! and that was like 5 or 6 years ago might I add. I had money to buy one a year ago but I ended up not getting one. Had some extra spending money this year and said YES! I got the black Friday bundle with LBP.

Was just wondering what kind of suggestions you guys have for me? Games(Cheap or new), accessories?

I plan on buying Monster Hunter Unite cus I heard its going on sale soon for PS+, and I've heard good things about it, does look kind of strange though. And I don't really want GOW, I've had my GOW fill for a while, same with GT.

Message 1 of 12 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Re: Finally bought myself a PSP!

Dec 17, 2010

I tried moster hunter but didn't like the gerneric attacks, but I'm not a big rpg fan. I've been playing resistance a lot and star wars games have always been good. For racing I'm more into need for speed and undecover is the only 1 online, shift isn't lame(carbon fav so far). Assasins creed, gta liberty city,manhunt 2,silent hill origins,Syphon filters,prince of persia's were good.

Message 2 of 12 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Dec 17, 2010
Rock Band Unplugged is a ridiculously fun time.
----------------------------------------
PS3- blue_solace
Maybe a PS4 in the future
Message 3 of 12 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Dec 17, 2010

hey congrats and welcome to the family.

well the reason i own a psp is the monster hunter series! MH unite is frikken awesome, but definately not for everyone it is extremely punishing with a fierce learning curve but with several hundred armour and weapon options and tons of monsters it can be a real time sink. i have sunk close to a K in hours in unite alone. it is easily the most gratifying game i have ever played... my advice is go look it up on you tube...

as far as game recomendations...

metal gear solid peace walker

phantasy star portable 2 (free demo is worth getting)

patapon 2 (free demo is good for this one too)

ace combat joint assult

burnout legends

also in the cheap catagory...

flow

riffs everyday shooter

whos that flying?

super stardut portable

also i know you said no GoW but the god of war games are surprisingly good on the psp, they do have their own story lines and play very well.

Message 4 of 12 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Dec 17, 2010

Hm, yeah thats why I was turned off of MH, the attacks seem very generic, like you only have one attack. Something about it just looks weird, I think its something I will have to play to truly know if I like it. I probably will though.

Another question I had is in regards to downloading PSP games on my PS3.. Most of them recquire about 1gig of space. Does this space need to be on my Memory stick Duo? I only have a 1g stick so..

Message 5 of 12 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Dec 17, 2010

Krondelo wrote:

Hm, yeah thats why I was turned off of MH, the attacks seem very generic, like you only have one attack. Something about it just looks weird, I think its something I will have to play to truly know if I like it. I probably will though.

Another question I had is in regards to downloading PSP games on my PS3.. Most of them recquire about 1gig of space. Does this space need to be on my Memory stick Duo? I only have a 1g stick so..

Yeah, if you plan on putting games on your PSP they have to go to your memory stick. I would try and find at least an 8g card somewhere, or a 16g or 32g.

lensflare15 Trophy Card
Message 6 of 12 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Dec 17, 2010
I know JR was selling a 16GB Lexar card for 28 with FS. Not sure but you might wanna check and see if it's still active. slickdeals.net is also a great place to keep checking for a new card.
Sad thing is, once you buy so many games you have to go through the process of deleting them and adding them back depending on what you wanna play for that time period. How my phone has 48gigs of storage but the most Sony wants to give me is 32 is beyond me. Here's to hoping for at least 64 gigs of space on the PSP2.
----------------------------------------
PS3- blue_solace
Maybe a PS4 in the future
Message 7 of 12 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Dec 18, 2010

generic attacks in MH?  there are about 10 weapon types each with their own attacks, roughly 3 basic attacks unique to each weapon with multiple combos and special attacks... so i dont get the "generic attack" thing if you even try and button mash this game you wont even survive the tutorial.

where as what? in a shooter you have what? shoot? and maybe grenade? whatever guys... monster hunter is definately not for you.

Message 8 of 12 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
663 posts

Dec 18, 2010

Grats on your new PSP, I just picked myself up a GO yesterday as well. So far I am loving it!

Message 9 of 12 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1983 posts

Dec 18, 2010

Well for cheap games, the playstation store is offering Metal Gear Peace Walker and Portable Ops together for $30 buck which is a great deal considering Peace Walker is still selling for 40 by itself in stores. I've never played any metal gears but when I saw this deal I jumped at the chance to get in on this highly rated series.

Message 10 of 12 (10 Views)
0 Likes