Jan 29 2013
By: Maverick1310 Lombax Warrior 157 posts

Finally back after a looong time. What's good and new with the world of ps3??

6 replies 125 views Edited Jan 29, 2013

My old 60 gig died almost a year ago and two different places have told me she is done for good.

If anyone knows how I can save my hard drive and still use what is on it, please let me know

I did just get a new ps3 over the weekend and am very happy to be back, but after being out of the loop for so long I lost touch with what all was coming out.  The biggest things I know about are the Okami hd and other hd trilogies.  I'm also excited to grab the mass effect trilogy on ps3(this was the only game that gave my 360 reason to live) 

But if anyone is up on the newer titles and the smaller ip's that are worthy of checking out (journey, etc.)  please let me know, im happy to be back.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (125 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

Re: Finally back after a looong time. What's good and new with the world of ps3??

Jan 29, 2013
Welcome Back!

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (119 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3100 posts

Re: Finally back after a looong time. What's good and new with the world of ps3??

Jan 29, 2013
Best thing to do is try the thermal paste replacement if you want to try and save your ps3 hard drive. Why did they say it was done for good? Has to be a reason. If you didn't back up your hard drive then your screwed and can NEVER get back any saved data. But purchases are always linked to your account. Your probably like me, why the hell would I ever back up my hard drive and who the hell know this about the older ps3s. I lost all my info before due to a YLOD hardware failure. I wish Sony would make the system like the Xbox. I hate to have said that BUT if a 360 breaks, you can swap your hard drive to another 360 without reformatting the drive.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (111 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Jan 30, 2013

The only way to recover data off your old HDD is to get the old system running long enough to do a back up or transfer. I know you said you were told it couldn't be repaired but who told you that? Endless Electronics is an excellent repair shop. I'd recommend letting them look at it.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (104 Views)
PlayStation MVP
10779 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Swapping harddrives with the Slim PlayStation 3s is supposedly easier than with the old. Apart from that, some of the games that have released within the span of the last year would include the following:

Asura's Wrath

Tales of Graces f

Twisted Metal

Starhawk

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Soulcalibur V

Gotham City Impostors

Max Payne 3

Jak and Daxter Collection

Ratchet and Clank Collection

Binary Domain

Quantum Conundrum

The Unfinished Swan

I Am Alive

The Walking Dead

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Resident Evil 6

Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

LEGO The Lord of the Rings

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Darksiders 2

Dishonored

Assassin's Creed III

LittleBigPlanet Karting

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

...and I think I'll stop there for now.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Well I had a loooooooong history(sorry for such a late reply) with that 60 gig.  I have some very old posts on here from a few years ago when it was stolen from my house and I went on an adventure to get it back.  I got YLOD once before and fixed it with some new thermal paste myself.  This time it was just too much. I took it to these guys who are really good and tried to reflow it they said it almost came back and that they were confident doing a reball would fix it.  Some other place had capabilities of reballing but said some kind of "thermal laser" treatment...something like that....would be better but they didn't fix it and said there was no hope for it.

I've already cracked into white knight chronicles I&II (which as an old school rpg fan I really am enjoying) 

Alice into madness is a blast

the new DMC

assassins creed 3 

im working on the mgs and ico/s.c. hd remakes and will follow with jak and daxter, ratchet and clank and zone of enders

so glad to be back

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (56 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14993 posts

Feb 6, 2013

reball your 60Gb...

Endless electronics has a very good reputation with fixing PS3s

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (37 Views)
0 Likes