Mar 10 2014
By: RFK007 Hekseville Citizen 258 posts

Final Fantasy XIV: SPAMALOT

[ Edited ]
5 replies 201 views Edited Mar 10, 2014

Just wanted to give anyone considering playing this game a warning. The game is good, but if you are annoyed by constant  in game tells trying to sell you gold and power level you, stay away.

Edit: Updated label. For more information on labels, please see this post: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Labels-Best-Practices-in-PS-General/td-p/...

Message 1 of 6 (201 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13578 posts

Re: Final Fantasy XIV: SPAMALOT

Mar 10, 2014

That's how a lot of MMOs are.

I used to play Lineage 2, and that place was SWARMED by automated bots.

They had to implement new chat rules (can only post in general chat once you're level 40, can only shout once you're level 75)

But oh well.

Just use party chat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 6 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1548 posts

Mar 10, 2014

That's why blacklists exists, or you can set yourself to busy in game and not receive any spam from RMTs. Due note setting yourself to busy blocks all tells.

Not like it really matters since the people you will be talking to are either in your FC or your linkshells so there you go.

Message 3 of 6 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2014

Haku_Legacy wrote:

That's why blacklists exists, or you can set yourself to busy in game and not receive any spam from RMTs. Due note setting yourself to busy blocks all tells.

Not like it really matters since the people you will be talking to are either in your FC or your linkshells so there you go.

This not really option when you are new to the game. I must have blacklisted over 500 gibberish names in the two weeks I played. This is not on the players, this need to be fixed by SE if they expect me to pay a monthy fee. Your suggestions are appreciated though, to bad I couldn't have gotten suggestions like that from SE.

Message 4 of 6 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2014

i played on my pc since cbt but quit on december. jus realized its not worth it to play against botters & i find this game's crafting have a lot of exploitable loopholes.

Message 5 of 6 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
24 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2014

I know how you feel about the spam bots, but what can you do after you black list one another with a similar name pops up and kills your chat box. That one of the reason I quit the game months ago.

“Do you know what punishments I've endured for my crimes, my sins? None. I am proof of the absurdity of men's most treasured abstractions. A just universe wouldn't tolerate my existence.”
― Brent Weeks, The Way of Shadows
Message 6 of 6 (129 Views)
0 Likes