Aug 30 2013
By: DarkHart1986 First Son 2 posts

Final Fantasy XIV Digital

11 replies 311 views Edited Aug 30, 2013

A little while ago, my friend purchased this game on the PSN store on his console (I know he did because I helped him add money to his account, and watched him complete the purchase) I had to wait before I could purchase so a day or 2 passed and I added $40 to my account for the game, but it does not give me the option to purchase. He checked and it does not give him the option to download either. I also checked the website store and it does not have a purchase option either. 

So does anyone know if the purchase option for this game is down permenently or temporarely or what? Been waiting since yesterday morning to buy it.

Message 1 of 12 (311 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Re: Final Fantasy XIV Digital

Aug 30, 2013

From what I read they didn't anticipate the # of people buying the game and their servers were overloaded. They took down the option to buy the game until they can add more servers. Whether that is a day, week, month or year I do not know.

Message 2 of 12 (307 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Square Enix has had several problems with their servers and had to temporarily remove digital downloads and suspend character creation. 

Message 3 of 12 (304 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Aug 30, 2013

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/28/final-fantasy-14-sales-halted-until-servers-can-be-expanded/

“Due to the overwhelmingly positive response to Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn, we are currently experiencing extremely long wait times for users to be able to log in and play,” Square Enix announced via Facebook.

“As a temporary measure, we will halt sales of Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn’s digital download products so we can accommodate all of those wishing to play. We are working to expand our server capacity in the coming days.”

A Realm Reborn is still available in-store, on PC and PlayStation 3.

Demand for the rebuilt MMORPG was high even before launch, with character creation being halted even during an early access period.

Message 4 of 12 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Aug 30, 2013
I tried to buy it too but couldn't, the Square Enix website says it should be available early next week. Keeping fingers crossed
Message 5 of 12 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Aug 30, 2013

FF14 digital is a rip off. Both me and my bro use our money and purchase it on his account, but when i log on my account, i cant play the game even when its already install on the ps3. FK square tie the game to a account, so now i have to use my bro's account to play it, which sucks, cause i wanted to use my own account to play my own characters. I know we shouldnt buy it and just get the last of us. 

Message 6 of 12 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3121 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

FF14 digital is a rip off. Both me and my bro use our money and purchase it on his account, but when i log on my account, i cant play the game even when its already install on the ps3. FK square tie the game to a account, so now i have to use my bro's account to play it, which sucks, cause i wanted to use my own account to play my own characters. I know we shouldnt buy it and just get the last of us. 

Why should you be allowed to play it on your account?  When you purchased it digitally, there was a disclaimer that it requires a

subscription to play.

Message 7 of 12 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Aug 30, 2013

oooaznkid wrote:

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

Why should you be allowed to play it on your account?  When you purchased it digitally, there was a disclaimer that it requires a

subscription to play.

im aware that the monthly subscription is tie to a account. So both me and my bro would have to pay the monthly fee seperately. But im talking about the game itself. I have to buy my own game just to play it when we already pay for the game and install it on the ps3. A lot of games you buy, you can play on any account as long as you have to account that buys the game activate on your system. So if I buy the disc verison, both of us could have play it just have to pay different subscription?

Message 8 of 12 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

oooaznkid wrote:

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

subscription to play.

im aware that the monthly subscription is tie to a account. So both me and my bro would have to pay the monthly fee seperately. But im talking about the game itself. I have to buy my own game just to play it when we already pay for the game and install it on the ps3. A lot of games you buy, you can play on any account as long as you have to account that buys the game activate on your system. So if I buy the disc verison, both of us could have play it just have to pay different subscription?

Thats for games that DON'T require a subscription.... this is the PS3's first subscription based game.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 9 of 12 (234 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2013

To Kali_boiz_4life

The reason you can't play on your name is because your square enix account does not have the service for this game. When this game is bought digitally the service is instantly added to a square enix account linked to the psn account when logged into the square enix server. If buying the disk, there is a code on the back of the book to be used on the psn store which also puts the service on the square enix account once logged into squares server. So if you do not buy the game, digital or disk, on your account, you won't be able to play because your square enix account does not have the service for the game.

Message 10 of 12 (180 Views)
0 Likes