Reply
Limit Breaker
Registered: 12/17/2004
Offline
22619 posts
 

Re: FINAL FANTASY IV .. is it a BAD game???

Jan 15, 2014

socom69 wrote:

O, also, not reading reviews allows you to appreciate games because you don't get caught in the hype machine. You have the chance to go into each experience with a neutral opinion.

 

 



socom69 wrote:
Add Vagrant Story to your list.

 

already have Vagrant Story Smiley Happy

 

 

i used Metacritics for SCORE!!.. i don't read reviews..

 

since there's no way i know about every game in existence... their Metacritics score is very helpful!! .. since i like at least 2-3 different opinions  and with metacritic i'll usually get 5-6 different opinions on a game..

 

popular games can get 40-60 different scores!!    like last of us .. after 50+ metacritic scores.. got a 95.. average score.. it's a good game.. no question ask.

 

it's not the reviews.. but the average score that i want..

 

ANYTHING with Metacritic score in YELLOW or GREEN..  IT'S PLAYABLE!! Smiley Happy

 

Psone list

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/ps/metascore?view=detailed&hardware=al...

 

 

I'll not touch the games that are in RED though..

 

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 19 (273 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/15/2008
Offline
1729 posts
 

Re: FINAL FANTASY IV .. is it a BAD game???

Jan 15, 2014

dulun18 wrote:

socom69 wrote:

O, also, not reading reviews allows you to appreciate games because you don't get caught in the hype machine. You have the chance to go into each experience with a neutral opinion.

 

 



socom69 wrote:
Add Vagrant Story to your list.

 

already have Vagrant Story Smiley Happy

 

 

i used Metacritics for SCORE!!.. i don't read reviews..

 

since there's no way i know about every game in existence... their Metacritics score is very helpful!! .. since i like at least 2-3 different opinions  and with metacritic i'll usually get 5-6 different opinions on a game..

 

popular games can get 40-60 different scores!!    like last of us .. after 50+ metacritic scores.. got a 95.. average score.. it's a good game.. no question ask.

 

it's not the reviews.. but the average score that i want..

 

ANYTHING with Metacritic score in YELLOW or GREEN..  IT'S PLAYABLE!! Smiley Happy

 

Psone list

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/ps/metascore?view=detailed&hardware=al...

 

 

I'll not touch the games that are in RED though..

 


Reviews, scores. Ehh, same difference. It's all just payed opinions. I'm pretty positive every COD game since 4 has an outrageously high score and those games are just broken in terms of online gameplay and uninspiring in terms of campaigns. Uncharted is pretty high I'd imagine? One of my friends from school thinks it's terrible.

 

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about with metacritic though. Although critics hated it, people gave it a chance and loved it.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."


Message 12 of 19 (270 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/25/2013
Offline
143 posts
 

Re: FINAL FANTASY IV .. is it a BAD game???

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2014

Don't fret, I'll help you through this. FFIII is on psp and on the playstation store. What you may not know is that a lot of FF games didnt make it over to the states, and when they did, a lot of stuff was cut from them. FFI is of course the first one, FFII and FFIII didnt make it over. FFIV did, with cuts and renamed FFII and the same goes for FFVI  (renamed FFIII when it came state side.). Why? Who knows. But this is the reasons for the remakes because when FFVII came out everyone wanted to know **bleep** happened to all the others. BTW, this is the REALLY short and simple reason. I'm not about to tab that all out on a tablet.

 

Advice? Get the psp versions of the ones you can and the psone versions of the ones you can't. 

 

PSP: 1, 2, 3, and 4.

ps1: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

ps2 10, 10-2

 

after that, i stop caring, but note that 10 and 10-2  are about to be released for psv in a few months.

 

A LOT of people LOVED FFVII but i couldnt get into it. VI was the last one I really loved. As I said before, IV was the greatest. They just don't make stories like that anymore. Take your time with that one, to do otherwise, would be a serious disservice to yourself. 

 

Enjoy.

 

Message 13 of 19 (266 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 12/17/2004
Offline
22619 posts
 

Re: FINAL FANTASY IV .. is it a BAD game???

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2014

socom69 wrote:
Reviews, scores. Ehh, same difference. It's all just payed opinions. I'm pretty positive every COD game since 4 has an outrageously high score and those games are just broken in terms of online gameplay and uninspiring in terms of campaigns. Uncharted is pretty high I'd imagine? One of my friends from school thinks it's terrible.

 

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about with metacritic though. Although critics hated it, people gave it a chance and loved it.


 

not really..

 

a SCORE is different from a review.... since i can see a score inth 1/10 of a second..  how long will it take to read a review??

 

if you ask me.... it's like school report card..

 

let say i don't know about a particular student.. but that student has a lot of As on their report card .. i don't know the person. . but at least i'll have a slight idea of what to expect.. that's when i'll talk to the particular person myself .. to make my own judgement..

 

similar to  a game.. AVERAGE game scores.. then i'll play it myself for the final verdict

 

 

GREEN and YELLOW color scores.... are games that are playable to me as long it's not 50 and under..

 

 

COD, BF, Uncharted, AC, DW, etc.. they are all good games..

 

yes.. there are multiple games from those series.. sequels/spinoff.. etc..   but they are good games...

 

 

there's a saying..

 

one man's trash is another man treasure..

 

i know a lot of people like Angry Birds... i think it's crap to me.. not even worth $1... let along $15-$20 on the PS3..

 

**i played Duke .. land of the babes (psone).. and the Duke game on the PS3..  both deserve the score they got.. Smiley Indifferent

 

again.. it's just personal preference..

 

i'm a gamer.. as long the game is not boring or have controls problems i'm good with it..

 

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 19 (262 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 12/17/2004
Offline
22619 posts
 

Re: FINAL FANTASY IV .. is it a BAD game???

Jan 15, 2014

ninth_prey wrote:

Don't fret, I'll help you through this. FFIII is on psp and on the playstation store. What you may not know is that a lot of FF games didnt make it over to the states, and when they did, a lot of stuff was cut from them. FFI is of course the first one, FFII and FFIII didnt make it over. FFIV did, with cuts and renamed FFII and the same goes for FFVI  (renamed FFIII when it came state side.). Why? Who knows. But this is the reasons for the remakes because when FFVII came out everyone wanted to know **bleep** happened to all the others. BTW, this is the REALLY short and simple reason. I'm not about to tab that all out on a tablet.

 

Advice? Get the psp versions of the ones you can and the psone versions of the ones you can't. 

 

PSP: 1, 2, 3, and 4.

ps1: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

ps2 10, 10-2

 

after that, i stop caring, but note that 10 and 10-2  are about to be released for psv in a few months.

 

A LOT of people LOVED FFVII but i couldnt get into it. VI was the last one I really loved. As I said before, IV was the greatest. They just don't make stories like that anymore. Take your time with that one, to do otherwise, would be a serious disservice to yourself. 

 

Enjoy.

 


 

Final Fantasy III..   i don't see it here in the states.. is it a  PSN download only game ??

 

 

FFX and X-2 are coming to the PSvita  and also the PS3 as well Smiley Happy

 

FFX was my favorite PS2 RPG (played 4-5x) .. while Legend of Dragoon was the favorite PSone RPG (plays 3-4x) ..  don't have a favorite PS3 rpgs.. Ni no kuni was ok.. i love the game graphic and colorful world.. but only played it once.. 75 hours and that's it..

 

 

I played FFVII.. it was ok.. i can't remember the story..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 19 (248 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/15/2008
Offline
1729 posts
 

Re: FINAL FANTASY IV .. is it a BAD game???

Jan 15, 2014

dulun18 wrote:

socom69 wrote:
Reviews, scores. Ehh, same difference. It's all just payed opinions. I'm pretty positive every COD game since 4 has an outrageously high score and those games are just broken in terms of online gameplay and uninspiring in terms of campaigns. Uncharted is pretty high I'd imagine? One of my friends from school thinks it's terrible.

 

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about with metacritic though. Although critics hated it, people gave it a chance and loved it.


 

not really..

 

a SCORE is different from a review.... since i can see a score inth 1/10 of a second..  how long will it take to read a review??

 

if you ask me.... it's like school report card..

 

let say i don't know about a particular student.. but that student has a lot of As on their report card .. i don't know the person. . but at least i'll have a slight idea of what to expect.. that's when i'll talk to the particular person myself .. to make my own judgement..

 

similar to  a game.. AVERAGE game scores.. then i'll play it myself for the final verdict

 

 

GREEN and YELLOW color scores.... are games that are playable to me as long it's not 50 and under..

 

 

COD, BF, Uncharted, AC, DW, etc.. they are all good games..

 

yes.. there are multiple games from those series.. sequels/spinoff.. etc..   but they are good games...

 

 

there's a saying..

 

one man's trash is another man treasure..

 

i know a lot of people like Angry Birds... i think it's crap to me.. not even worth $1... let along $15-$20 on the PS3..

 

**i played Duke .. land of the babes (psone).. and the Duke game on the PS3..  both deserve the score they got.. Smiley Indifferent

 

again.. it's just personal preference..

 

i'm a gamer.. as long the game is not boring or have controls problems i'm good with it..

 


I have so many friends that got good grades but literally cheated their way to get there XD. One of the "smartest" girls in our class (based on grades) got caught plagiarizing (even in college there are people that get good grades on paper, buy don't actually deserve them). Then you had those kids that were really bright but couldn't care less about doing the work so they got bad grades. COD is the furthest thing from a good game and no amount of 90s will make that suddenly change for me. That series hasn't been good since 2. 4 was the beginning of the downfall. The core mechanics are so broken on a fundamental level that it's laughable how Acti can keep getting away with it. And to mask the terrible gameplay, Acti goes all Michael Bay and just inserts random explosions everywhere to create an "epic" feel. Tomato, tomahto I suppose. In either case, whether a game is good or bad is an opinion in itself.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."


Message 16 of 19 (240 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 12/17/2004
Offline
22619 posts
 

Re: FINAL FANTASY IV .. is it a BAD game???

Jan 23, 2014

ok.. i got the game..

 

but there are two parts here..

 

what's the after years???

 

 

i'm guessing that the sequel to FFIV...  i'll be playing it after playing FFIV then??

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 17 of 19 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 03/14/2007
Offline
15416 posts
 

Re: FINAL FANTASY IV .. is it a BAD game???

Jan 23, 2014

It was an after the fact sequel made just for the PSP remake. PLay it after you finish FF4.

 

 

Contact PlayStation Support
Chat with a PlayStation Specialist 
Mon - Sat, 6:00AM - 10pm , Sunday 8am-8pm Pacific

Consumer Services and Technical Support____ 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM Pacific
Playstation Network Accounts and Billing Support____1-877-971-7669

Playstation Forums Support MVP. I do not work for Sony. Just a helpful gamer.
Message 18 of 19 (214 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/07/2014
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: Final Fantasy IV .. is it a bad game?

Nov 7, 2014

This is by far my fav final fantasy next to 7 I'd buy it for sure!!

Message 19 of 19 (82 Views)
Reply
0 Likes