Nov 08 2011
By: ltsuou First Son 10 posts

Final Fantasy Agito

14 replies 22 views Edited Nov 8, 2011

This game has already been released in Japan and they are only possibly going to release this as a DLC? WTF?!?! This game sold about the same about as Dissidia in the first week and all we get is a possible release? Out of all the other crappy FF games so far from ff7 spin offs to crap on DS and we cant get this all because they are saying the psp isnt getting enough sales. Did they ever think that theres a possibility this one will bring the psp back to life if the fans out there really wanted it? Im talking about the hardcore FF fans who know for a fact FF13 was not a game worth mentioning. Look at Agito and compare it to FF13 as Agito sets the example of what 13 should have been. For all the psp hater I have really nothing to say as anything I say will honestly not change your ignorant mind on how great the psp really is. Does anyone else think the same? Why deprive us of a FF game now? Almost all the rest have seen an American release. Why should this with the 2 umds be absent from all of our libraries.

Message 1 of 15 (22 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Final Fantasy Agito

Nov 8, 2011

I have a feeling that Final Fantasy Type 0 will be ported to the Vita next year. I can understand Square's reluctance to release this title in other regions outside of Japan....

Message 2 of 15 (22 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 8, 2011

Other than the retail price of $100 that japan gamers had to pay I dont see the reason on why it wouldnt come to other regions. There are a lot of other games in the franchise that have not sold $500,000 in the first week but still got a release. This is from a collectors perspective but I dont want the DLC version of this game. I want a hard umd copy of this game as it is something that Im sure most people have been waiting for in the Final Fantasy world. A real-time based battle system like Kingdom Hearts. But now that its done it, people arent willing to buy it just because its on the psp. Okay so the graphics is lacking....thats about it. The content is all there as it spans 2 umds. Never done on psp until now. Why is it that the audience of gamers as a whole cant see this. Bottom line. Im sure its not just me who wants to see this released as the PSP's last breath of air here in America.

Message 3 of 15 (22 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 8, 2011

The last high profile game to come out for the PSP was Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, and I think that sold poorly, which is probably why it is being re-released on the PS3. I'm sure there is a market for FF: Type 0, but at this point, I don't think it is worthwhile for Square to release this game outside of Japan. IMO it would make a lot more sense to port it to the Vita next fall, and it will help bolster support for that new platform...

Message 4 of 15 (22 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 11, 2011

I understand it has a high chance of coming to the PSP Vita but what about the games that are still coming to the psp. We recently just got Fate Extra which I never thought would see an American release. To this day we still have PSP downloads from the PS1 and another game on its way thats an interactive story based game on the PSP platform. Why are those the exception? Might as well make those for early next year on the PSP Vita. Yeah, it is a smart move to make it for the Vita as there are many people that are anticipating its release but whats wrong with bringing it on both? UMD based for PSP and downloadable for the Vita. They have been doing it for the PS2 games for the PS3 like MGS collection, Silent Hill collection, ICO and Shadow of Colossus, Zone of Enders, and now even DMC collection. I wouldnt doubt there would be more later down the line. Not to mention the transfarring feature which the ps3 with the Vita will have will be an easy data transfer to all 3 different platforms

Message 5 of 15 (22 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 11, 2011

I think it was a bad sign that Square never announced Type 0 when they announced XIII-2. I didn't look up the sales numbers, but I think the last several US PSP releases from square didn't sell very well, so I think Square didn't find it worthwile to release here for the PSP by manufacturing UMDs....

Message 6 of 15 (22 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 11, 2011

That being true but like I said. If they bring it for both Im sure they will get somewhat more sales as at this point its mainly fan based as it was for Dissidia. FF1 and 2 are hard to say as many have already played and beat the games. Only hardcore fans of the series have seriously invested in them at launch. Those now being $9.99 retail price is a good price but how many are actually still buying them? Yes, we both know PSP UMD's are more than likely no more in production in place of Vita's memory stick based games. I just really hope the UMD will really come out as it did for all the japanese gamers. The only bright side is, it will more than likely come to the Vita as it is a big title to hold us over in wait for the epic FF13 versus. I leave it at this.

Message 7 of 15 (22 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 11, 2011

The overall retail PSP support has shrunk so fast, that it even surprised me. Toys R Us doesn't even carry PSP anymore. According to GameStop only 3 new PSP games are coming out over the 4 months. IMO the PSP has gone the way of the PS2, where most of the newst titles are older titles packaged togeather...

Message 8 of 15 (22 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 11, 2011

Okay even if the system is not on sale anymore does not necessarily mean you can not sell the games for it. You see stores with atari 2600 without the actual console. Even import games for the sega dreamcast and even ps2 games still being sold even though ps2 consoles are no longer around at walmart, target, etc.... This is honestly the only game right now that I really want to port over to the psp before its officially dies. What will it take for Square to realize this.

Message 9 of 15 (22 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 12, 2011

ltsuou wrote:

Okay even if the system is not on sale anymore does not necessarily mean you can not sell the games for it. You see stores with atari 2600 without the actual console. Even import games for the sega dreamcast and even ps2 games still being sold even though ps2 consoles are no longer around at walmart, target, etc.... This is honestly the only game right now that I really want to port over to the psp before its officially dies. What will it take for Square to realize this.

The Atari 2600 "Flashback" console you mention, I consider to be a novelty because it was mainly made for nostalgia purposes. Certainly no one is going to go the expense of making a 2600 console or cartridges, when it is much cheaper and profitable to make an emulator and App for a smartphone or Apple product.

I have not seen Dreamcast games sold for years in a major retailer, I have only seen them sold in places like pawn shops, used CD/DVD/Book stores, and thrift stores. Walmart still sells PS2 hardware and software, it is Target that has discontinued the PS2 entirely.

The bottom line is that Japan is the only territory where the PSP is doing reasonably well. Especially now that the Vita will be coming out in a few months from now, all eyes will be toward that platform and a new FF game will be easily overlooked, especially since you won't be able to play that game on it, in its UMD form. Since Square hasn't had a good track record in making digital releases of their PSP games, I wouldn't expect that to happen either. IMO there aren't enough people wanting this game to come out on the PSP to justify its release. I think it has a much better chance of doing well being released on the Vita next year, where the RPG competition will be minimal.

Message 10 of 15 (22 Views)
0 Likes