First Son
10 posts

Re: Final Fantasy Agito

Nov 14, 2011

A good point for the Vita but just like the psp now, there is no competition at all at the moment. P3, tactic orgre, Ys have all come out and are all in the past. Besides, bringing it on the Vita is honestly not going to be much different if it is and most likely a direct port without utilizing the analog. If they did great but that still didnt stop me from playing crisis core or dissidia. Yes, true, it probably would create more sales for the Vita but honestly other than probably controls the graphics are not going to change that much. Wouldnt they profit from it anyway if they brought it for both? Im sure there would be, not a great amount, but fair amount of people who will commit to buy the game. Its not like the game is broken like dirgy was on the ps2 and the U.S release decided to fix it. IGN and many other sites are talking about it and have given full demos of the game. Just teasing us with this and not releasing it is a big slap to the face. Its always about sales now.. So sad.

Message 11 of 15 (11 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 15, 2011

I think another issue is that people aren't willing to pay the price for a new preimium game like this. At the minimum this game would sell for $40 over here. Most PSP games are selling for $20 or less now. The trend now is to package 2 older games togeather, and sell them at a value price. The last few games from Square, like the 3rd Birthday and Kingdom Hearts weren't able to sell well at $30 and had to drop down to $20 to garner any interest.

If only if  FF Type 0 were released a year ago, it could have had a chance of doing decently, but now with the Vita looming, I believe it would easily be overlooked by both the customers and the retailers...

Message 12 of 15 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 15, 2011

I completely agree. But this title just came out this year last month in Japan and was announced on phones I believe beforehand. I do not think they had any intention on bringing it over to a psp console or have a world wide release in the first place as you mentioned before, the psp market is only doing considerably well in Japan. As for games like Birth By Sleep and 3rd Birthday were really meant for hardcore fans of the franchise and those who actually gave the psp a chance as many were complaining about how both deserved to have a console release. Again, they just are just whining about graphics.I just recently bought 3rd birthday and mainly because I was waiting for the twisited edition that the UK received. I though they were going to pull a fast one but it appears its not happening so I had to get one overseas. Yeah the price is high but gamers now, which seems to the the younger generation that drive the way video games are now made, are not seeing the amount of content this game is really giving. Take COD for all it is and download more maps and other DLC available when it should already be given. 2 UMD's. That is saying a lot as they did not want any of the content to be left out on the game....Its sad the way video games are being marketed and how people are just willing to take it. Well... I can only hope that in between that fine line of Hakuoki and the Vitas first release. We will see Type 0 just spawn out of no where. Although it is highly unlikely. Dam it.

Message 13 of 15 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Feb 15, 2012

I'm not getting this unless it's released on UMD in North America

Message 14 of 15 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Feb 27, 2012

Dissidia: Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep sold very well. New games/series in FF do very well on PSP. It's the ports, or iffy sequels (3rd Birthday, 012 Dissidia, SEGA's Valkyria Chronicles 2) that don't do well.

Obvious effort = sales on PSP

Message 15 of 15 (11 Views)
0 Likes