Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 19 2005
By: Graydon~ Hekseville Citizen 370 posts

Fears of PS3...

20 replies 2 views Edited Jul 19, 2005
Is it just me or is anyone else afraid that blu-ray disks will be waaaaayyyy too expensive? I mean i tremble when it comes to buying normal PS2 games if i'm not sure that they are good, buying blu-rays, uhm no. From now on i can only get games that i know are good.

Message 1 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3287 posts

Re: Fears of PS3...

Jul 19, 2005
Your gonna S##t your pants eighther way, because with the new level of,graphics game developers already said there gonna have to hire more,people to work on them and their gonna charge more for games. Blu-ray,really isn't gonna be a factor it barely cost more than DVDs.

Message Edited by Jetbountyhunter on 07-19-2005 07:39 PM

Message 2 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

Jul 19, 2005
Sony will take the loss for extra production costs b/c they will cash,in on licensing fees once Blu-ray becomes the next standard.
Message 3 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1375 posts

Jul 19, 2005
i dont know but i draw the line at $55. period. There is no such game worth over that amount. after all, it is just a frickin copy of the master disc!,

Message Edited by StapledShut on 07-19-2005 05:43 PM

Message 4 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Jul 19, 2005
The only thing important is the games... I just dont want to spend $500 and have crappy games.. they need some games that we want to play
Message 5 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
603 posts

Jul 19, 2005
Well both playstation 3 and xbox 360 games will cost $59.99 dvd or blu-ray they will both put the same price for the games one of the reason the price of games are going up is because THE GRAPHICS of the next generations are so movie like that when a movie uses CG its expensive so movie studios will try to avoid it if its not neccesary. with consoles now coming out more powerful hardware and the GPU of the console are able to produce HD-games making it even more expensive to make.
Message 6 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1375 posts

Jul 19, 2005

,babyrok wrote:
Well both playstation 3 and xbox 360 games will cost $59.99 dvd or blu-ray they will both put the same price for the games one of the reason the price of games are going up is because THE GRAPHICS of the next generations are so movie like that when a movie uses CG its expensive so movie studios will try to avoid it if its not neccesary. with consoles now coming out more powerful hardware and the GPU of the console are able to produce HD-games making it even more expensive to make.

ehh.. i'm still putting my bet on $49.99. yeah they may deserve the extra 10 bucks but i think sony and MS are smart enough to know by now that no one wants to pay 60 bucks for a game, no matter what it has to offer.,
Message 7 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
603 posts

Jul 20, 2005
babyrok wrote:

ehh.. i'm still putting my bet on $49.99. yeah they may deserve the extra 10 bucks but i think sony and MS are smart enough to know by now that no one wants to pay 60 bucks for a game, no matter what it has to offer.

its sounds to me that you believe microsoft and sony decide the price of game they don't they make the console. the games are made by game developers that are own by sony or microsoft  like microsoft owns bungie studios and some are independed like EA back to the point. does extra 10 bucks are not going into sony pockets they are going to the people who develope the games now if you don't want to pay 60 bucks for a game then I guess you will have to wait longer so the price drops to you financial needs and your able to purchase the game.

Message 8 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1375 posts

Jul 20, 2005

,babyrok wrote:
babyrok wrote:

ehh.. i'm still putting my bet on $49.99. yeah they may deserve the extra 10 bucks but i think sony and MS are smart enough to know by now that no one wants to pay 60 bucks for a game, no matter what it has to offer.

its sounds to me that you believe microsoft and sony decide the price of game they don't they make the console. the games are made by game developers that are own by sony or microsoft  like microsoft owns bungie studios and some are independed like EA back to the point. does extra 10 bucks are not going into sony pockets they are going to the people who develope the games now if you don't want to pay 60 bucks for a game then I guess you will have to wait longer so the price drops to you financial needs and your able to purchase the game.

you said it yourself, game creators OWNED BY sony and MS. so you actually believe sony and ms have no say whatsoever in how much games for THEIR consoles are going to be priced? ,
Message 9 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3663 posts

Jul 20, 2005
Stapledshut you have no idea what your're talking about.  The fact is that development costs are going to rise sharply in the next gen and some not all games will cost more.  Games made on a BR disc, whenever those come out (we probably won't see too many of those before two years) will cost more simply because more content equalls more expensive to produce.  By the way BR discs will cost at least 10$ more than DVDs, remember when the PS2 first came out and games on DVDs were rare and more expensive than those based on CD ROM.   ,

nexgenwars.com
Message 10 of 21 (2 Views)
0 Likes