Mar 09 2012
By: Cool4x4 Hekseville Citizen 379 posts
Accepted Solution

Favorite Games

22 replies 5 views Edited Mar 9, 2012

So I will be getting a Vita at the end of the month and I was wondering what was your favorite game(s). I was only going to get one game when I first buy it because I am on a budget and I also need a memory card.

So please give me your recommendations and hopefully I can decide.

P.S. I need a game that I can play for a couple hours straight without getting bored. So basically it needs a exciting storyline.

EDIT: I would prefer games that you can buy in physical version but downloadable games are fine too.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Re: Favorite Games

Mar 9, 2012

I have 5 games, the ones i have the most fun with are Tales from Space: Mutant Blob Attack - $7.99 on psn store, and Plants vs Zombies - $14.99 psn store. Mutant Blob is very addictive, especially if you want all the trophies, great gameplay, hours of fun. Plants vs Zombies, pretty much same as PC deluxe version, just fun to play on the go, hours and hours of gameplay, due to hard trophies and its just plain fun.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7598 posts

Mar 9, 2012

If you are looking for a storyline to keep you busy, you need Uncharted: Golden Abyss.  It is currently the most expensive game on the Vita, but it is well worth the price.

If you have a PS3, you need to jump on the store and download Motorstorm RC.  It's free for the Vita but only for a limited time (I suspect maybe a week or so).

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
379 posts

Mar 9, 2012

BBurgSteve wrote:

If you are looking for a storyline to keep you busy, you need Uncharted: Golden Abyss.  It is currently the most expensive game on the Vita, but it is well worth the price.

If you have a PS3, you need to jump on the store and download Motorstorm RC.  It's free for the Vita but only for a limited time (I suspect maybe a week or so).

Yeah I am a big fan of the Uncharted series and was thinking about that one.

Can I download the PS Vita version of motorstorm RC on my download list on my PS3 for when I get a Vita?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
379 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Also, do you think that a 4gb memory card will be good enough for just some gamesaves and maybe one or two downloaded games?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Mar 9, 2012

I would suggest Dungeon Hunter Alliance or Lord of Arcana....both are very good JRPGs. Lord of Arcana is Digital form only, but both have very solid storylines and they are not turn based, so you arent waiting for the opponents turn to end. Lord of Arcana is a PSP title but is available on the PS store.

I would suggest Modnation Racers or Unit 13....but those are kind of bite sized in that the missions or races are short...Unit 13 will not get you bored though. They have daily challenge missions when you do get finished with the missions.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
379 posts

Mar 9, 2012

der_geist wrote:

I would suggest Dungeon Hunter Alliance or Lord of Arcana....both are very good JRPGs. Lord of Arcana is Digital form only, but both have very solid storylines and they are not turn based, so you arent waiting for the opponents turn to end. Lord of Arcana is a PSP title but is available on the PS store.

I would suggest Modnation Racers or Unit 13....but those are kind of bite sized in that the missions or races are short...Unit 13 will not get you bored though. They have daily challenge missions when you do get finished with the missions.

Yeah those would be some good choices as well.

I have Modnation Racers on the PS3 and on the PSP when I had that as well. I know that is a good game. Is the customization as good as on the PS3 where you can have many layers of stickers?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7598 posts

Mar 9, 2012

"Can I download the PS Vita version of motorstorm RC on my download list on my PS3 for when I get a Vita?"

You should be able to 'buy' it from the Vita tab on the PS3 store and just skip downloading it for now.  When you get your Vita, just go to the download list on it's store and download it.  You could also download it on the PS3 and just hold on to it until you get your Vita and pull it onto the Vita from Content Manager.  At any rate, once it's on your download list, you never have to pay for it.  This works for all titles whether they are free or you pay for them.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7598 posts

Mar 9, 2012

"Also, do you think that a 4gb memory card will be good enough for just some gamesaves and maybe one or two downloaded games?"

If you download Uncharted, that will pretty much be all that fits on the card (it's over 3GB).  If you buy most of your games on gamecards, you should be okay with just the 4GB memory card for a while.  Motorstorm RC is about 700MB, I think.  Most PSN-only titles are less than 1 GB, so you'll be able to fit a few of those on a 4GB card as well as the game data from any gamecards you have.  Most Vita games, the gamesaves go on the gamecard itself, so they don't use space on your memory card.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Favorite game(s) so far:

#1 - MLB 12

#2 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

#3 - Touch My Katamari

Honorable Mention: Hot Shots Golf