May 08 2013
By: IX-lycaon Lombax Warrior 180 posts
Accepted Solution

Fatal Frame 2 on PSN is broken

107 replies 3891 views Edited May 8, 2013

Just to let you know guys, the Fatal Frame 2 PSN release is broken, sound cuts on every cutscene and textures on some walls and floors flicker constantly, and sometimes just dissapear. The worst of all is that these problems are constant and extremely distracting. I hope Sony can provide some fix, because seriously this is so dissapointing.

Message 1 of 108 (3,891 Views)
Shinra Executive
32432 posts

Re: Fatal Frame 2 on PSN is broken

May 8, 2013

IX-lycaon wrote:

Just to let you know guys, the Fatal Frame 2 PSN release is broken, sound cuts on every cutscene and textures on some walls and floors flicker constantly, and sometimes just dissapear. The worst of all is that these problems are constant and extremely distracting. I hope Sony can provide some fix, because seriously this is so dissapointing.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

This is the first I've heard of an issue with this game, are you sure it couldn't be solved by deleting the game (not save) data, it might be worth a try.

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 108 (3,889 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 9, 2013

I bought it as well have the same issues. It seems some people that posted in the blog that got it have the same issue as well. The game is emulated and has issues, I hope sony can do something about it. Delete stuff off your drive and doing drive maintenance will not solve these. These issues also show up in the systems that did software emulation with the official game. So yeah I would bypass this game as the issues are detracting from gameplay. Like op said, every cut scene has audio stutter and some objects just do not render well.

Message 3 of 108 (3,882 Views)
Splicer
84 posts

May 9, 2013
Psychonauts also has issue's with the sound not synching on cutscenes. It's probably an issue with the current emulation software,maybe if they updated it then the issue's might dissapear.

"Fans who ditch a game because of the exclusion of a language they don't even speak were never fans to begin with."
Message 4 of 108 (3,874 Views)
Sackboy
421 posts

May 9, 2013

yeah its bad, i called sony about it. redownloaded it and still is broken . the audio sounds like a cd is skipping and it doesnt go away. Do not buy it guys. its BAD. cant believe this got pass quality control

Equality for all
Message 5 of 108 (3,858 Views)
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

May 9, 2013

Thanks guys! I was planning to buy this game for my girlfriend, now i'll wait for the fix, hopefully its soon.

Message 6 of 108 (3,847 Views)
Fender Bender
3457 posts

May 9, 2013
I watched the whole game play on you tube...
The asians must be scared easily, because this supposed scariest game looks like a disney cortoon lol...
Was kind of cool but not at all scary... Fear was more scary than this and i fell a sleep during fear....
We really need a scary horror game, movies have even gotten boring....
Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Message 7 of 108 (3,841 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 9, 2013

I'm having the same errors, I wouldn't have wasted my money if I knew there was no quality assurance involved with the publishing of the provided playstation classic.

Message 8 of 108 (3,818 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
421 posts

May 9, 2013

fatal 1 plays perfect. dont know what happened with this one. file a complaint with sony. 

Equality for all
Message 9 of 108 (3,810 Views)
First Son
2 posts

May 9, 2013

Yea, I noticed it too when booting up. 

My friends and I have a tradition of getting together and playing through our favorite horror games such as Amnesia, Fatal Frame, SCP, Slender, Slender the Arrival etc etc. 

Fatal Frame the Original played flawlessly, was tons of fun and We all relived a wonderful game.

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly howvever, immediatley during the first 3 seconds of the cutscenes my friends pointed out echoes and strange sounds (I thought it was part of the game at first)

During the first two chapters the textures especially in the backrooms of the first building flicker, go block and show corruption with a bit of aritifacting. 

I build PC's, I'm a PC/Playstation gamer only and I work fixing PC' issues on my own since I left Geek Squad. I have seen tons of drivers get corrupted. Shaders go bad, Physical cards break down but never have I seen such an erratic amount of quality amongst a game before on hardware/ software that has proven to be perfectly fine and stable. There are things that can go wrong with Emulation that is true. However, the bottom line is that we payed money for a product that should not be suffering from such an obvious overlook. While I do love Fatal Frame series I can not and will not let this slide as a company who prides itself on creating " Quality" games has let this one leave the room a tad bit too early.

That being said, submitting reports to Customer service should be what everyone is doing. We payed the money asked and should be getting a quality emulation of a wonderful game end of story

Message 10 of 108 (3,795 Views)