Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Re: False Advertising on Playstaition Plus Canada Site

Jan 22, 2013

Snowstorm-82, welcome to the PS Community.  It seems very lazy that Sony wouldn't bother to keep the Canadian site updated.  With that said, I bet at the time of purchase, the T&Cs state something along the lines of games are subject to change or some such, which would protect them from any sort of bait and switch issues.

Message 31 of 34 (137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Spoke to customer support again this morning, some guy named Rob who gave me basically no help what so ever, it was actually even less than the Daniel H guy. They are trying to tell me the Canadian website games that are listed are just examples and are not meant to represent what is currently available, even though anyone who has seen the site knows it is not the way it is written or implied. They basically told me that I have to follow the ps blog, which I have already figured out between Christmas and now. Still no word on getting the games that are advertised or anything at all for the trouble. Still no reply from any of the mods here either. Starting to become a frustrating experience. Johnblaze00 must have lucked out on the right customer service rep. Not a great way to begin my time with PS3, never had close to this much trouble with the other two competing companies customer service reps when I had an issue.

Message 32 of 34 (114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 23, 2013

i lucked out with mochuuu seeing my post. the people i talked to on the phone were all idiots at best except for the nice manager at the end. she was useless, but at least she was nice. hope it works out for you. the fact they haven't changed it yet is unreal. 

Message 33 of 34 (104 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I am hoping that he will see mine as well so something can be done. So far both reps that I have dealt with could have told me to f**k off an it wouldn't have made me any more **bleep** then what they already did. They basically don't see it as an issue. Mochuuu seemed to think it was a valid problem, yet nobody else does. It is definitely unreal that between now and prior to Christmas the Canadian site still has not been updated in any way, shape or form. It still implies those games as being available "right now" and "this month", which is the core of my issue. Sure I can go out and buy those games, but why should I when I am being told that's what is available to me free for being a PS Plus subscriber. If I had of known ahead of time this is how Sony operates I would have just used the money I spent on the PS3 and got a wii U which is what my girlfriend wanted me to get in the first place, but I did truly want some of the PS3 exclusives that have been around for a while that I never played, even some of the remade classics that I so enjoyed on the PS2, so with a few hundred bucks invested I am not going anywhere anytime soon. Hopefully someone will get to the bottom of this issue and offer a solution other than just suck it up and move on.

Message 34 of 34 (90 Views)
0 Likes