Treasure Hunter
6593 posts

Re: False Advertising on Playstaition Plus Canada Site

Jan 7, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

johnblaze00 wrote:

that's great that the website you posted had it. the official canada one that i get redirected to because I am in canada did not. Remember this key part, im in canada, i get redirected to the canada sony site. you are in the states, you get directed to the american one. CA and US may be classified as the same region, but when you go to look up information on sony site, it redirects you to the site that is appropriate for your region.

doesn't matter anyway because corporate called me and rectified the situation. thanks mochuuu for bringing this to their attention and Lee over at corporate for rectifying it!

Why were you redirected to the canadian one, I am in canada as well, and I have not even once been redirected to the canadian site. As I mentioned before, this site here is for all of NA. The canadian one only gives you very basic info, hardly anything at all. Unless of course, you didn`t put the US part of the url, because if you didn`t since there is no such website, it will switch it canada if your in canada.

I think it becuase the usa and candian gamers use to share the  the same psn store  at one point  inthe past and same ps blog for content. They  split them not  to long ago, canada psn  store is indepedant now, so is there   blog.

It would mean some one was not on the same ball lol.

There isn't a Canadian specific blog, forum, or store. The Canadian operation runs under the umbrella of SCEA. IMO, the Canadian PS page is mostly there to address any issues specific to Canada, but not much else...

blog.us.playstation.com/tag/canada   << wats that then?    . it a candian psblog and they  have a canadian store.  They sperated the two.  man  stop  saying there candian  psn r blog or store  becuase that false..

Stop trying to  right about every dam thing and jump on my post all time.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 21 of 34 (628 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

johnblaze00 wrote:

that's great that the website you posted had it. the official canada one that i get redirected to because I am in canada did not. Remember this key part, im in canada, i get redirected to the canada sony site. you are in the states, you get directed to the american one. CA and US may be classified as the same region, but when you go to look up information on sony site, it redirects you to the site that is appropriate for your region.

doesn't matter anyway because corporate called me and rectified the situation. thanks mochuuu for bringing this to their attention and Lee over at corporate for rectifying it!

Why were you redirected to the canadian one, I am in canada as well, and I have not even once been redirected to the canadian site. As I mentioned before, this site here is for all of NA. The canadian one only gives you very basic info, hardly anything at all. Unless of course, you didn`t put the US part of the url, because if you didn`t since there is no such website, it will switch it canada if your in canada.

I think it becuase the usa and candian gamers use to share the  the same psn store  at one point  inthe past and same ps blog for content. They  split them not  to long ago, canada psn  store is indepedant now, so is there   blog.

There isn't a Canadian specific blog, forum, or store. The Canadian operation runs under the umbrella of SCEA. IMO, the Canadian PS page is mostly there to address any issues specific to Canada, but not much else...

blog.us.playstation.com/tag/canada   << wats that then?    . it a candian psblog and they  have a canadian store.  They sperated the two.  man  stop  saying there candian  psn r blog or store  becuase that false..

Those are Canadian tagged posts in the US Blog, it isn't a separate and distinct blog. If the blog was truely Canadian, it would likely have the address blog.ca.playstation.com

If you were to go to ca.playstation.com, there is no link to a Canadian blog (at the bottom of the screen under community), like you see when you go to us.playstation.com. 

Canada does have its own store, but it mirrors the US store most of the time.

As for your last sentance, perhaps you shouldn't have done the same to me recently when you stated that Sony doesn't sell online passes. You only just made a fool out of yourself....

Message 22 of 34 (623 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6593 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

johnblaze00 wrote:

Those are Canadian tagged posts in the US Blog, it isn't a separate and distinct blog. If the blog was truely Canadian, it would likely have the address blog.ca.playstation.com

If you were to go to ca.playstation.com, there is no link to a Canadian blog (at the bottom of the screen under community), like you see when you go to us.playstation.com. 

As for your last sentance, perhaps you shouldn't have done the same to me recently when you stated that Sony doesn't sell online passes. You only just made a fool out of yourself....

Show  us where they(sony) sell them directly.?? those come from  the devs of the games directly just sold in  psn store   not  sony directly!! sony online is free there fore  you dnt  need to pay for online to play . you understand the differnce in the two.  or do  you ??  sony has never sold a online pass, maybe the dc  online game but now thats free, so it stands no game made by sony  has online pass unless you buy  it used  and that comes from the dev to play the game online. not sony to play the game online.

what it mirror and etc , is not  the  point to moot mind you  . the point to moot  there is  a canadian store, and  canada psn  blog.  I know this becuase the they announced  the seperation of the stores and blog. To sit ehere ands ay other wise is false.  becuase they  staff up there that run that blog and that store. its not same usa staff.. If it was same exact blog staff and store staff then you might  have a  point. but you do not. thank you trying

YUNoCheckMate.png

Mcbuttz78

Message 23 of 34 (604 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8027 posts

Jan 7, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

johnblaze00 wrote:

Show  us where they(sony) sell them directly.?? those come from  the devs of the games directly just sold in  psn store   not  sony directly!! sony online is free there fore  you dnt  need to pay for online to play . you understand the differnce in the two.  or do  you ??  sony has never sold a online pass, maybe the dc  online game but now thats free, so it stands no game made by sony  has online pass unless you buy  it used  and that comes from the dev to play the game online. not sony to play the game online.

what it mirror and etc , is not  the  point to moot mind you  . the point to moot  there is  a canadian store, and  canada psn  blog.  I know this becuase the they announced  the seperation of the stores and blog. To sit ehere ands ay other wise is false.  becuase they  staff up there that run that blog and that store. its not same usa staff.. If it was same exact blog staff and store staff then you might  have a  point. but you do not. thank you trying

YUNoCheckMate.png

Why can`t you admit when your wrong, first for the online pass thing, sony games do have online pass`, a recent title that comes to mind is, playstation all stars, it has a online pass, which it is a SCEA game, and the online pass is for sell, therefor sony does sell online pass`

For your other thing, there is no canadian blog, only the one on this site which covers all of NA, there are no individual ones, and the stores, both US and canada have the exact same stuff, with only a couple things that were either US only or canada only. Also to future prove my point, when the blog updates the store post, when something comes that`s only US or Canada, the item is marked like (US) or (CA), they wouldn`t need to do that if they were different.

Message 24 of 34 (602 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Jan 7, 2013

SONY/Playstation are a bunch of crooks that WILL NOT EVER be on our side as consumers!  Taking peoples money and not giving it back when they are terribley displeased with their service is just plain stupid and immoral!  SONY/Playstation is going under and they are stealing from their customers to try and stay afloat.  BUT, when the next XBox comes out they are doomed!  No way in hell am I ever buying another Playstation anything, guaranteed!  Get away from them before they take more money from you**you've been warned**!  First-hand experience speaking!

PSN ID: Dinz24
Message 25 of 34 (600 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6593 posts

Jan 8, 2013

chaos_789 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

johnblaze00 wrote:

YUNoCheckMate.png

Why can`t you admit when your wrong, first for the online pass thing, sony games do have online pass`, a recent title that comes to mind is, playstation all stars, it has a online pass, which it is a SCEA game, and the online pass is for sell, therefor sony does sell online pass`

For your other thing, there is no canadian blog, only the one on this site which covers all of NA, there are no individual ones, and the stores, both US and canada have the exact same stuff, with only a couple things that were either US only or canada only. Also to future prove my point, when the blog updates the store post, when something comes that`s only US or Canada, the item is marked like (US) or (CA), they wouldn`t need to do that if they were different.

it doesnot  matter if the exact same stufff  !!!They have  diffrent staff to run the store and the blog fourm,  there fore that is canadain blog and store!!.   if they announce  a new  candain store it does  not matter if it  mimic content of the usa.. Its the candian store and blog. they went out and gotten staff to run  it.. Do you understand.. it not morgan or sid up there running it, it whole new team upthere, a whole new format,. sheshh

And sony does  not do any online pass. show me one!!    a sony online pass  from sony.. you cannt. becuase they dotn have any!!  sony online is free !! and has always been  free. the dev of the game make those online passes for used games only. and it comes from the dev only and is sold in the psn store to buy that doenst mean  sony made those online passes. they just sell them// Do you  understand .

now.

sheesh.jpg

Mcbuttz78

Message 26 of 34 (597 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

johnblaze00 wrote:

YUNoCheckMate.png

it doesnot  matter if the exact same stufff  !!!They have  diffrent staff to run the store and the blog fourm,  there fore that is canadain blog and store!!.   if they announce  a new  candain store it does  not matter if it  mimic content of the usa.. Its the candian store and blog. they went out and gotten staff to run  it.. Do you understand.. it not morgan or sid up there running it, it whole new team upthere, a whole new format,. sheshh

And sony does  not do any online pass. show me one!!    a sony online pass  from sony.. you cannt. becuase they dotn have any!!  sony online is free !! and has always been  free. the dev of the game make those online passes for used games only. and it comes from the dev only and is sold in the psn store to buy that doenst mean  sony made those online passes. they just sell them// Do you  understand .

now.

sheesh.jpg

I'm glad you are making these posts, because I just further illustrates to everyone you don't know what you are talking about.  So thanks for that.

PSN online pass is real, and has been a reality since late 2011: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/321150/online-pass-for-all-sony-online-games/

I can't really understand the rest of your incompresible ranting, but your overall credibility is decreasing by the day.

P.S.: Those pictures that you keep posting is pretty childish behavior for someone whom claims to be an accomplished person...

Message 27 of 34 (591 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 8, 2013

I am in Canada and I agree with you, just today I was researching and contemplating getting PSplus, however in the beginning of this post I had changed my mind. This comment where PlayStation fixes the problem and goes good on their word... I am going to sign up tonight.  Thank you for posting this johnblaze00

Message 28 of 34 (575 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jan 21, 2013

New to the PS3 community, so Hello is in order. Now to business, I have been having issues with this exact same problem. When I bought my PS3 at Xmas the games that were being advertised for PLUS ended up not being what was available. To this day they are still the same games being advertised on the Canadian site, but those games are actually not available anymore (Resident Evil 5 Gold, Outland, and Bloodrayne Betrayal). It wouldn't be so bad if the site didn't make it seem like they were still part of the IGC "this month" and "right now" to quote a few lines. I have been in contact with support (Daniel H.) but all I have gotten for a reply is sorry and please be patient until we update the site. How long does it take to update the website? These games haven't been available since prior to xmas.  I am not trying to seem petty but if you advertise a product as being part of a subscription it isn't really that much to ask that the customer actually receives the products being advertised. Is it? This issue is technically a misleading and false ad and a bait and switch, which are both illegal under the Competition act of Canada. Any help from someone with authority would be welcome. Thanks.

Message 29 of 34 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Snowstorm-82 wrote:

New to the PS3 community, so Hello is in order. Now to business, I have been having issues with this exact same problem. When I bought my PS3 at Xmas the games that were being advertised for PLUS ended up not being what was available. To this day they are still the same games being advertised on the Canadian site, but those games are actually not available anymore (Resident Evil 5 Gold, Outland, and Bloodrayne Betrayal). It wouldn't be so bad if the site didn't make it seem like they were still part of the IGC "this month" and "right now" to quote a few lines. I have been in contact with support (Daniel H.) but all I have gotten for a reply is sorry and please be patient until we update the site. How long does it take to update the website? These games haven't been available since prior to xmas.  I am not trying to seem petty but if you advertise a product as being part of a subscription it isn't really that much to ask that the customer actually receives the products being advertised. Is it? This issue is technically a misleading and false ad and a bait and switch, which are both illegal under the Competition act of Canada. Any help from someone with authority would be welcome. Thanks.

I just checked ca.playstation.com and it seems the issue still hasn't been fixed, as on the main page it still shows RE5 as one of the games for PS+.

Message 30 of 34 (492 Views)
0 Likes