Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: False Advertising on Playstaition Plus Canada Site

Jan 3, 2013

johnblaze00 wrote:

that's great that the website you posted had it. the official canada one that i get redirected to because I am in canada did not. Remember this key part, im in canada, i get redirected to the canada sony site. you are in the states, you get directed to the american one. CA and US may be classified as the same region, but when you go to look up information on sony site, it redirects you to the site that is appropriate for your region.

 

doesn't matter anyway because corporate called me and rectified the situation. thanks mochuuu for bringing this to their attention and Lee over at corporate for rectifying it!


That's awsome! What did corporate do to rectify your issue, if I may ask?

Message 11 of 34 (332 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 11/29/2007
Offline
6470 posts
 

Re: False Advertising on Playstaition Plus Canada Site

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

johnblaze00 wrote:

that's great that the website you posted had it. the official canada one that i get redirected to because I am in canada did not. Remember this key part, im in canada, i get redirected to the canada sony site. you are in the states, you get directed to the american one. CA and US may be classified as the same region, but when you go to look up information on sony site, it redirects you to the site that is appropriate for your region.

 

doesn't matter anyway because corporate called me and rectified the situation. thanks mochuuu for bringing this to their attention and Lee over at corporate for rectifying it!


Why were you redirected to the canadian one, I am in canada as well, and I have not even once been redirected to the canadian site. As I mentioned before, this site here is for all of NA. The canadian one only gives you very basic info, hardly anything at all. Unless of course, you didn`t put the US part of the url, because if you didn`t since there is no such website, it will switch it canada if your in canada.

Message 12 of 34 (300 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/19/2012
Offline
162 posts
 

Re: False Advertising on Playstaition Plus Canada Site

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

Glad everything worked out but I can't believe some of you where trying to discredit the OP. The issue here is not that the OP visited an outdated webpage, the issue here is that the page was not properly updated. How was the OP suppose to know that sony did not update their canadian page. If the OP was suppose to go to the NA page why does a CA one even exist then. That page does not even have a date posted anywhere. All it says is "this month in plus". OP had every right to be upset. Good thing Morgan is part of the sony team and helped, some of the posters on this thread would have just given you the same response that the customer service reps you spoke to gave you.

Message 13 of 34 (261 Views)
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: False Advertising on Playstaition Plus Canada Site

Jan 4, 2013
I don't think that Sony is going to ever update that PS+ page on a regular basis. Instead Sony should put a disclaimer that the selection of games is an example and may not necessarily be current. This way less people will be confused about this issue...
Message 14 of 34 (257 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
Registered: 06/22/2009
Online
1476 posts
 

Re: False Advertising on Playstaition Plus Canada Site

Jan 4, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
I don't think that Sony is going to ever update that PS+ page on a regular basis. Instead Sony should put a disclaimer that the selection of games is an example and may not necessarily be current. This way less people will be confused about this issue...

 We do need to and should update that page to accurately reflect current options in Plus. It's our intention to udate that page anytime there is an update to the main games in Plus, which is usually every week. The US version of the site is usually updated on time (basicaly Tuesday evenings after the Store Updates) but the CA one must have slipped through the cracks with an outdated image. 

 

A disclaimer is't the best way to go about things as it just creates greater margin for misunderstanding; as evidenced by this post; in which the OP is completely valid in his perception on this one. 

 

Thanks Logic! 

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo


Message 15 of 34 (251 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 11/29/2007
Offline
6470 posts
 

Re: False Advertising on Playstaition Plus Canada Site

Jan 4, 2013

StraightUpLazy11 wrote:

Glad everything worked out but I can't believe some of you where trying to discredit the OP. The issue here is not that the OP visited an outdated webpage, the issue here is that the page was not properly updated. How was the OP suppose to know that sony did not update their canadian page. If the OP was suppose to go to the NA page why does a CA one even exist then. That page does not even have a date posted anywhere. All it says is "this month in plus". OP had every right to be upset. Good thing Morgan is part of the sony team and helped, some of the posters on this thread would have just given you the same response that the customer service reps you spoke to gave you.


I don`t think anyone was trying to discredit the OP, just trying to informing him, that all information for NA should be viewed on here, that way the OP knows for next time. You also bring up a good point, why do they even have a Canadian page, since all NA info goes on here, I don`t know for sure, but every once in a while, there is a canadian only contest or event, and the canadian one, hosts the contest or event, other then that, there is no real reason to go to the canadian page.

Message 16 of 34 (249 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: False Advertising on Playstaition Plus Canada Site

Jan 4, 2013

mochuuu wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
I don't think that Sony is going to ever update that PS+ page on a regular basis. Instead Sony should put a disclaimer that the selection of games is an example and may not necessarily be current. This way less people will be confused about this issue...

 We do need to and should update that page to accurately reflect current options in Plus. It's our intention to udate that page anytime there is an update to the main games in Plus, which is usually every week. The US version of the site is usually updated on time (basicaly Tuesday evenings after the Store Updates) but the CA one must have slipped through the cracks with an outdated image. 

 

A disclaimer is't the best way to go about things as it just creates greater margin for misunderstanding; as evidenced by this post; in which the OP is completely valid in his perception on this one. 

 

Thanks Logic! 


I'm glad to hear that, and hopefully it keeps up. If you remember I reported this same issue with the US page weeks ago, and still took a while to manifest properly on the PS+ sales page. What you should do is to make a token (for the graphic of the PS+ lineup) on the PS+ sales page that is directly linked to the graphic you post in your PS+ blog post, that update in real time when the PS Plus update is posted.

 

However that still doesn't address the PS+ banner placed on the PlayStation.com homepage, that part still hasn't updated, and will continue to cause confusion...

Message 17 of 34 (239 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/04/2012
Offline
1020 posts
 

Re: False Advertising on Playstaition Plus Canada Site

Jan 6, 2013

johnblaze00 wrote:

that's great that the website you posted had it. the official canada one that i get redirected to because I am in canada did not. Remember this key part, im in canada, i get redirected to the canada sony site. you are in the states, you get directed to the american one. CA and US may be classified as the same region, but when you go to look up information on sony site, it redirects you to the site that is appropriate for your region.

 

doesn't matter anyway because corporate called me and rectified the situation. thanks mochuuu for bringing this to their attention and Lee over at corporate for rectifying it!


I'm canadian and I get redirected to the UK site...  :smileyfrustrated:

doc shady signature
Message 18 of 34 (187 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
6407 posts
 

Re: False Advertising on Playstaition Plus Canada Site

Jan 6, 2013

chaos_789 wrote:

johnblaze00 wrote:

that's great that the website you posted had it. the official canada one that i get redirected to because I am in canada did not. Remember this key part, im in canada, i get redirected to the canada sony site. you are in the states, you get directed to the american one. CA and US may be classified as the same region, but when you go to look up information on sony site, it redirects you to the site that is appropriate for your region.

 

doesn't matter anyway because corporate called me and rectified the situation. thanks mochuuu for bringing this to their attention and Lee over at corporate for rectifying it!


Why were you redirected to the canadian one, I am in canada as well, and I have not even once been redirected to the canadian site. As I mentioned before, this site here is for all of NA. The canadian one only gives you very basic info, hardly anything at all. Unless of course, you didn`t put the US part of the url, because if you didn`t since there is no such website, it will switch it canada if your in canada.


 I think it becuase the usa and candian gamers use to share the  the same psn store  at one point  inthe past and same ps blog for content. They  split them not  to long ago, canada psn  store is indepedant now, so is there   blog.

 

It would mean some one was not on the same ball lol.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 19 of 34 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: False Advertising on Playstaition Plus Canada Site

Jan 7, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

johnblaze00 wrote:

that's great that the website you posted had it. the official canada one that i get redirected to because I am in canada did not. Remember this key part, im in canada, i get redirected to the canada sony site. you are in the states, you get directed to the american one. CA and US may be classified as the same region, but when you go to look up information on sony site, it redirects you to the site that is appropriate for your region.

 

doesn't matter anyway because corporate called me and rectified the situation. thanks mochuuu for bringing this to their attention and Lee over at corporate for rectifying it!


Why were you redirected to the canadian one, I am in canada as well, and I have not even once been redirected to the canadian site. As I mentioned before, this site here is for all of NA. The canadian one only gives you very basic info, hardly anything at all. Unless of course, you didn`t put the US part of the url, because if you didn`t since there is no such website, it will switch it canada if your in canada.


 I think it becuase the usa and candian gamers use to share the  the same psn store  at one point  inthe past and same ps blog for content. They  split them not  to long ago, canada psn  store is indepedant now, so is there   blog.

 

It would mean some one was not on the same ball lol.


There isn't a Canadian specific blog, forum, or store. The Canadian operation runs under the umbrella of SCEA. IMO, the Canadian PS page is mostly there to address any issues specific to Canada, but not much else...

Message 20 of 34 (163 Views)
Reply
0 Likes