I signed up for playstation plus based on the informaiton that was given to me on your guyses website (http://ca.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/). I thought great. What an amazing deal. Until I signed up and to see one of the reasons I signed up for is a complete lie. If you noice in the game sections (if they haven't taken it off yet, i've attached it just in case) you see Resident Evil 5 gold edition.
I signed up for this service more then two weeks ago. I called in and ask "hey what's up? where is my game?" just to be told that this is not a game that they offer and has never been (this was told to me by a manager named Cathy, literally admitting that they have been false advertising). A supervisor john (who do be honest, was a complete **bleep**) said there was nothing that they can do and will not do anything about it, and these same thoughts where echo'd by manager even though both parties completely acknowledged the false advertiing (actually john made up bs lie after bs lie about how they the game collection is due to change, then ended up owning himself when it went to the faq page that tells you got to to THIS page to see the games that are available. Just in case I have attached the picture as well to see what games I am suppose to get:
No where does it mention "titles are subject to change" or anything like that anywhere. I have all of those games (i could care less baout 75 percent of them, i honestly signed up for re5, infamous 2 and street fighter arcade). I am not asking for anything more then what you guys have advertised. I don't know how it works with you guys, but in canada if you advertise something and sellt hat product, you have to give what you advertise. They offered me no compensation, nothing, just a too bad, soo sad go away now. The reference number for my case is 1-455-419-319. All I want is what I was advertised to me. Nothing more, nothing less.
False advertising, no not at all, actually if you had clicked ahead you would have seen the current games available.
Here's the FAQ & details etc with the link:
- Instant Game Collection Access - Popular titles such as Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, inFamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Saints Row 2, Virtua Fighter 5, and many more PlayStation 3 and PS Vita games, are available on demand and yours to play as long as you are a PlayStation Plus subscriber. See what's available now in the Instant Game Collection by visiting the PlayStation Plus page.
- PlayStation 3 and PS Vita Supported - Your PlayStation Plus membership applies to both PlayStation 3 AND PS Vita. It's like two memberships for the price of one! For more information on PS Plus for PS Vita features, click here.
- Discounts - Save money on select PlayStation®Store purchases with limited time, rotating discounts from 20-80% off.
- Full Game Trials - A great way to try before you buy - play a game for up to one hour, then purchase the game to unlock your trophies and continue your progress.
- Automatic Downloads - PlayStation®Plus downloads select demos, patches and firmware updates automatically, so you don't have to think about it.
- Exclusive Offers - Access to select avatars, themes, and other items other folks can't get.
- Select Early Demos - Get early access to select demos before anyone else.
- Priority Beta Invitations - You'll be the first to receive invitations on select Betas.
I am sure that the Canada PS+ program mirrors what is offered in the US, and RE5 Gold was offered several months ago. So that part wasn't false advertising, just not current.
This same issue was true for the US site, just up until recently.
The best way to keep track of what is currently being offered on PS+ is to read the blog posts in the PS Blog, or simply log into the PS store on your PS3 and check out the PS+ section...
I recommend following the American PS Plus Blog for accurate updates of what is currently available. It's unfortunate that Sony doesn't keep all their website pages updated.
It`s unfortune it that they did not update that listing, but also note, it took them forever to update on this site as well.
I'll relay this to the web teams to ensure that we fix this as soon as possible. Apologies for the error; I'll double back with with your feedback for the Customer Service teams as well.
The game itself in question (Resident Evil 5 it sounds like) is in fact, no longer in PlayStation Plus; but it certainly used to be. I apoogize for the outdated web site, and I'll review this case with Customer Service as well.
if you had read what i said and went to the canada site you would realize that it is http://ca.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/
I did read what you said, but Canada & the USA sre classed as NA, the website page I posted had the UPDATED games, yours did not, if you had read what I said you should you would have found it too.
that's great that the website you posted had it. the official canada one that i get redirected to because I am in canada did not. Remember this key part, im in canada, i get redirected to the canada sony site. you are in the states, you get directed to the american one. CA and US may be classified as the same region, but when you go to look up information on sony site, it redirects you to the site that is appropriate for your region.
doesn't matter anyway because corporate called me and rectified the situation. thanks mochuuu for bringing this to their attention and Lee over at corporate for rectifying it!