PlayStation MVP
3135 posts

Re: Extremely Impolite People on PSN

Mar 4, 2013
I just mute everyone, my friends ask me why I don't have a mic? I tell them I have a mic just don't care to talk online. Get tired of all the mouth running but play like crap in the game itself. I had a guy who talked about how hardcore he was and a car he drove and I had to get my mic, tell him to **bleep** and play the game. He was in DEAD LAST WITH POINTS but talked like he was the best player ever. How sad we have to put up with these people.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 11 of 28 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Mar 4, 2013

Brozz65 wrote:

kythunder wrote:

MW3dzONe34 wrote:

I repetitively mentioned this and it got people to become infuriated, but words have impact on people as well. If you're not going to help them out, then do them a huge favor by not posting anything at all on their threads since you're only wasting your time and their's as well. Anyways, I've dealt with a ton of disrespectful players on the Playstation Network, and one happened to be a twenty four year old who attempted to belittle me in a party which led to it being an argument since I always stand up for myself until he ended up rage quitting after beating him in several games. I've dealt with thirty year olds who are like "OH I'M DRUNK, I'M AWESOME BECAUSE OF IT AND ANYBODY WHO HATES DRINKING IS A PATHETIC LITTLE KID!" as well. I'm an adult, and I despise it when other adults feel the need to act like this.

if words hurt you especially from people you don't even know then you really should seek out some help..

Theres a classic "blame the victim" response. Id bet you're one of "those" people the OP is talking about.

The anonymity of the internet brings out the worst in many people. There's no threat of an **bleep** whoopin' when you're safely hidden behind your keyboard.

Want some cheese with that whine....

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 12 of 28 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Mar 4, 2013

kythunder wrote:

Brozz65 wrote:

kythunder wrote:

MW3dzONe34 wrote:

I repetitively mentioned this and it got people to become infuriated, but words have impact on people as well. If you're not going to help them out, then do them a huge favor by not posting anything at all on their threads since you're only wasting your time and their's as well. Anyways, I've dealt with a ton of disrespectful players on the Playstation Network, and one happened to be a twenty four year old who attempted to belittle me in a party which led to it being an argument since I always stand up for myself until he ended up rage quitting after beating him in several games. I've dealt with thirty year olds who are like "OH I'M DRUNK, I'M AWESOME BECAUSE OF IT AND ANYBODY WHO HATES DRINKING IS A PATHETIC LITTLE KID!" as well. I'm an adult, and I despise it when other adults feel the need to act like this.

if words hurt you especially from people you don't even know then you really should seek out some help..

Theres a classic "blame the victim" response. Id bet you're one of "those" people the OP is talking about.

The anonymity of the internet brings out the worst in many people. There's no threat of an **bleep** whoopin' when you're safely hidden behind your keyboard.

Want some cheese with that whine....

you obviously can't read or comprehend what i had wrote,i don't start these things but when people give it to me i just give it back,i don't cry like a baby and waste my time reporting these people...theres nothing someone i don't know can say that will hurt my feelings..LOL

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 13 of 28 (128 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Mar 4, 2013

Jdurg wrote:

Brozz65 wrote:

A sad but true statement.  I don't play any multiplayer online games at all due to the disgusting amount of immaturity and absence of common courtesy and respect that is present there.  It's just sad that the younger generation is so devoid of things such as respect and manners, and it's something that won't ever change.  Mostly because the "kids" that are playing online these days generally have no supervision while doing so, or have parents who were in their teens in the 90's when the internet "boom" began and they themselves have a lower degree of manners.  It sickens me seeing so many people out there who never say please, or thank you, or show any kind of acceptance for those of differing cultures or ways of life.

While I agree with the last part of your post I had to say something about this. Claiming that because you are older makes you polite is wrong, also is saying that teen parents can't raise child with manners. I've seen awuful parents raise life model children and caring ones have annoying brats; I've seen a 24 year old being the bigger men against a 40+ year old university professor. It all comes down to what kind of enviroment you were exposed too and your personal reaction to it.

Anyway, personally, I haven't found much rude persons on PSN while gaming, mostly I find then here on the forums. But when playing with strangers I always have activate the mute for both the other players and me unless I'm on a cooperative sessions with online friends. Of course if you get a private msg then is a direct attack but the report/block options are there for a reason.

Message 14 of 28 (123 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Mar 4, 2013

My biggest reason for avoiding Online Play, as much as I can, is for this reason.

I Play to have fun.  It becomes less fun, when a 10 year old from Dubuque feels the need to remind me I am not as good as others in a game.  If I was so concerned about my Compete Level in an Online Game, I would try to be in competitions.  Since I am not, I really don't care how bad or good I am.

I love it when someone:smileywink:, likes to pull up my game stats and tell me how bad I really am.  I do not have the time and energy to put into an Online Game, so of course most people are better than me.

I usually ignore those who feel the need to trash talk online.  It takes no Blls to do it, and it is immature.  I will usually leave a round or game, if it becomes too bad.  As well, if they feel the need to PM me in game or somewhere else, I give them a nice digger, then block them.

My earliest experience with this was playing MVP Baseball, back in 2003 on the PS2.  I was the Sox, he was the Yanks.  For the majority of the game, I was losing, but I mounted a steady comeback.  An hour into the game, bottom of the 8th, I hit a three run homer to put me up by two.  The A, I was playing, quit the game.  Wasted time, effort, and spoilage of fun were the result.

For this reason, I rarely play online.  Now it is only BF3, which I am not great at, but I have fun, win or lose.

I don't use a headset or mic either.  I ignore everyone, for the most part now.

Moble

Message 15 of 28 (121 Views)
Limit Breaker
18344 posts

Mar 4, 2013

hey...dont steal my color! :smileylol:

MR.SUNSHINE, PROFESSIONAL OPINION CURATOR

Message 16 of 28 (108 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Mar 4, 2013

:smileyvery-happy:

My color is usually Orange, but for the Month of St. Patty's, I figured I would go Green.:smileywink:

Moble

Message 17 of 28 (105 Views)
Limit Breaker
18344 posts

Mar 4, 2013

Oh, ya. hahaha Never thought of that. Guess i'll just be 'festive' instead of Mako reactor green LOL

MR.SUNSHINE, PROFESSIONAL OPINION CURATOR

Message 18 of 28 (103 Views)
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Mar 4, 2013

This is common on any internet games.  14 year olds can rage and say anything they want because there are no cnsequences.  The 30 year old 5'3" 200 pound guy threatens the world from the safety of his mothers basement.  Sorry using sterotypes here.  People are empowered to be complete utter jerk-offs becasue there are no consequences.  They don't get their faces bashed in by the big guy...they are annonymous so you can't sue them...reporting system is a joke.  On wolrd of tanks the yget a "read only" ban lasting a dy or so for offense remerks.

This is te world we live in.  Play violent games and start trying to be the charcter you play in the game...even if it is only on the internet

Message 19 of 28 (102 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Mar 4, 2013

vigilhonor wrote:

This is common on any internet games.  14 year olds can rage and say anything they want because there are no cnsequences.  The 30 year old 5'3" 200 pound guy threatens the world from the safety of his mothers basement.  Sorry using sterotypes here.  People are empowered to be complete utter jerk-offs becasue there are no consequences.  They don't get their faces bashed in by the big guy...they are annonymous so you can't sue them...reporting system is a joke.  On wolrd of tanks the yget a "read only" ban lasting a dy or so for offense remerks.

This is te world we live in.  Play violent games and start trying to be the charcter you play in the game...even if it is only on the internet

I always pay smack talk very little attention.  Mostly for the reasons you have listed.  I take pride in that I have a job, family, and other things to do than play Video Games.

Although I would love to play them all day, there are other things in life than working on my BF3 K/D.  As well, it is helpful to know there will always be someone better than the smack talkers out there, and they will eventually get their due.

I always like to give them a little advice; "play the game and shut your mouth.  It is a game you may excel at, but I excel in life.  Your mom is calling you for dinner now son."

Something to that effect at least.

Moble 

Message 20 of 28 (95 Views)
0 Likes