Message 21 of 23 (28 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28979 posts

Re: External USB Music Player Idea

Apr 14, 2013

scantron0001 wrote:

Nobody wants to admit i was atleast on to somthing dam thats messed up

See, here's the thing; I didn't think it was a good idea back then. Now, it still doesn't seem like a good idea. They weren't going to undertake the extra of expense of making an add on when they gave the ability to have in game music to the, say it with me, INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPERS.

Which brings me to my second point; Learn to appreciate music for it's own value (if that can be done at all these days). If you listen to music for it's own artistic value, then you won't need to force an image on to it. That's what we did back in the pre-MTV era. No video games. No music video. No visualizers. Just MUSIC. That might seem like an anachronistic concept to the "gamer" generation, but I think that's why music these days is the atrocity that it's become.

Message 22 of 23 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
10991 posts

Re: External USB Music Player Idea

Apr 14, 2013

Here's a novel concept...  if custom music is that important to you, use an iPod.  Obviously the soundtrack the developers intended for you during the game is not to your liking, so who cares if you can't hear the game over your own music?

In most games, the music is intended to be like another character.  This is especially true in games like Knytt Underground and Journey.

I've talked with a few composers that primarily work on video games, and they find these kinds of threads pretty disappointing.

Message 23 of 23 (12 Views)