Dec 30 2011
By: Blitsch First Son 4 posts

External Hard Drive for Streaming

2 replies 45 views Edited Dec 30, 2011

Okay so I'm trying to find a external Hard Drive that I can put on my network and stream to my PS3 and other devices.  I'm not supper familar with setting streaming on my ps3 and all the research I've done talks about doing it through the media player on the computer.  Here is my sistuation:

I do NOT have a desk top computer.  I simply have a laptop.

I have a wireless router that is connecting my laptop, ps3, and iPad to the internet.

I would like to put my files on a hard drive that is either wirless or connected to the router.

I'm trying to avoid starting the laptop, hooking up the external, and then streaming to the PS3.  I would just like to be able to pull items from the hard drive without having to turn on a computer.  Is this even possible and if so does anyone have any suggestions on what type of hard drive to use?  I don't care on brand but was thinking 1 or 2 TB?

Also looking to get the most out of my PS3 so if your using yours for something you think is spectacular please post to share.  Thanks!!! 

Message 1 of 3 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

Re: External Hard Drive for Streaming

Dec 30, 2011

perhaps something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Pleiades-Silver-Network-Storage-Enclosure/dp/B005HSG9UK/ref=sr_1_24?s=pc&ie=UT...

you'll have to buy your own HDD, so that's a cost in addition...

Message 2 of 3 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: External Hard Drive for Streaming

Dec 31, 2011

What make and model router do you have?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 3 (45 Views)
0 Likes