Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 26 2013
By: serb First Son 4 posts

External HDD

2 replies 69 views Edited Jun 26, 2013

well guess this is the right place to ask, ok so i have 2TB HDD formated to FAT32, now my issue is that sometimes when i plug it into the PS3 it loads very very slow, i know PS3 reads individual files but at times its much slower then that and it freezes everything up for up to 20 seconds and other times it works fine, i have already re formated and checked drive 2 months ago after i had to re format, also sometimes when i want to add files to it trough Windows 7 pc it asks me to format before use, im guessing thats MS being big Di#@s, so would it be better to partition this HDD into few partitions and would it speed up file load times on consoles, like example i have 80GB of music videos which is over 1000 single files, thanks for your help, sorry if its wrong section, it said Playstation General so i asumed

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (69 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: External HDD

Jun 27, 2013

anything guys, any info on this would be great

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (41 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

Re: External HDD

Jun 27, 2013

You can't partition it because the PS3 will only read the first partition and theres no way to switch between them or select them.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (36 Views)
0 Likes