Oct 08 2012
By: Supreme_Entity Lombax Warrior 92 posts

Extended subscriptions and/or discounts...

5 replies 67 views Edited Oct 8, 2012

Will there be any future discounts for Playstation Plus subscriptions in the U.S. such as the one that the UK recently received, or any additional 'bonus time', like last year where you bought a 12 month subscription and received 3 months free?

My Playstation Plus expired today, and as much as I'd really like to renew, I would love to either take advantage of a discount, OR at least get an extra month (or three) free with the purchase of the subscription. I would HATE to renew today, or next week, only to find Sony announces the former a week after I renew.

Message 1 of 6 (67 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39975 posts

Re: Extended subscriptions and/or discounts...

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

Supreme_Entity wrote:

Will there be any future discounts for Playstation Plus subscriptions in the U.S. such as the one that the UK recently received, or any additional 'bonus time', like last year where you bought a 12 month subscription and received 3 months free?

My Playstation Plus expired today, and as much as I'd really like to renew, I would love to either take advantage of a discount, OR at least get an extra month (or three) free with the purchase of the subscription. I would HATE to renew today, or next week, only to find Sony announces the former a week after I renew.

I've not heard of any new discounts coming, but then I wouldn't, when they come they'll be announced on the PS Blog & here on the Forums, so to renew or not to renew, unfortunately that's a chance you take, look at it this way, you're still getting great value even at full price!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 6 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Oct 8, 2012
I believe you can purchase two 1 year Plus subscriptions on PSN and get $20 back. It's a deal they have for the month of October. Spend $100 in the PS Store and get $20 back. So you're getting 2 years of Plus and $20 Playstation Store Credit for $100 flat.
Message 3 of 6 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Oct 8, 2012
BRIT-KO, you make a good point. The Playstation Plus subscription is truly worth it, I can't argue that. I'll try not to dwell on the negative and just be happy that I get to renew it.

FidelityNy, I could most definitely use that extra $20 later. The question now is: Should I stack 2 subscriptions, or spend $50 on the Plus renewal and $50 on other content and games, or just go all in with the $100 for 2 years worth of Plus... Decisions, decisions.
Message 4 of 6 (52 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39975 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Supreme_Entity wrote:
BRIT-KO, you make a good point. The Playstation Plus subscription is truly worth it, I can't argue that. I'll try not to dwell on the negative and just be happy that I get to renew it.

FidelityNy, I could most definitely use that extra $20 later. The question now is: Should I stack 2 subscriptions, or spend $50 on the Plus renewal and $50 on other content and games, or just go all in with the $100 for 2 years worth of Plus... Decisions, decisions.

Decisions Indeed, good luck!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 5 of 6 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Supreme_Entity wrote:

Well, you can go with a year and find one of those "Free 3 months" deals you're looking for down the line. They'll possibly throw  a special offer once Plus comes to Vita next month, but that's just speculation.

Message 6 of 6 (44 Views)
0 Likes