Reply
Jun 08 2013
By: mcbuttz78 Treasure Hunter 6871 posts
Offline

Evil devs... Kill ing 2 birds with one stone??

[ Edited ]
15 replies 313 views Edited Jun 8, 2013

 I  recently heard ea and alot devs demanded this drm w/e its called or they wont support these consoles with their product.  I think ea's and activsion of the world are trying to get rid of  sony/ m$/nintendo.. Becuase the pubishers dont really need them all they need is  for pc gaming to be alive. Pc is the  birth place of gaming and that where  the money  is made to be honest. THis about is money

 

   We all see the back lash M$ is getting.. we see the ultimatum Ea and activision gave nintendo,  not putting thier games there  becuase no drm... I think sony  is in tight place with this issue..  Some say  silence means  guilt. and some say silence mean i wont dwell or be buried into  ignorance of the  matter..  Depends on how you  view the  whole thing.

 

I  have discussed it and i think this is a master plot for the money inthe pc area . Nothing bring the money like pc gaming..If your a  major publisher why  would you want a  console publisher in your profits. This is  pc  arena, you can make 20%-50 more with out  them, because they already have and are..  Do think you valve is hurting  for console money... No they arent.. They actually lose money  going to console.

 

 I say to sony execs and kaz,  trentton yoshida, be smart and be alert of this tactic, becuase at of the end day you dont need activision or ea  games.  but you will   need rockstars and the valves games..  I say for 100% certainity  you'll  need  those   companys games  becuase they produce money.. Also because they have an attractive library and all the games actually sell.   You dont need   cod or bf game from these guys.. You have killzone franchise, you can go get "Arma" from pc arena.. you  can  revive  "socom"  franchise and "mag".. You can call  up  naughty  dawg to make a shooter or  gurilla games to  make a shooter,  Its a alot of indie devs companies out there  that make great shooters in the pc arena that have  huge fan bases and create great sales..

 

 You  dont need cod or need for speed  or burnout games... You have grand turismo franchise.. you can call atari to make  test drive games,  you  make a  ridge racer 8 is the  right fashion, you call david jaffe and his  company to  give  a game... YOu have option beyond these  common oppressors in the  world of  gaming.. Dont let  them push you into a corner with these demands of we need to be protected or we  restrict our product. Tell them  to buy a sercurity company like you have done and get  with the times..

 

 Im all for protection of the product in buisness.. but lets be honest  there is no cure to  cmv, or hpv2 in the body in todays  era of medicine and might never will be,,  and there is no cure  to stop pirating and unfairplay in games  only restrictions in  a way of  choice that hurts  profits.  Go look on  pc. drm be dammed games are being hacked, and devs are losing money..

 

  So i say to  dont let  them  push you into a corner like M$.. Be smart this is the pc arena its the 1st galaxy where there many  great indie devs and worlds of games  for  gamers to play.. YOu deserve to be here and dont let them dictate you like m$.. 

 

  The way  i learned it from a good friend of mines,, is  you  greet, shake hands. then smile then speak when asked a question.  But when that is  done your back is turned to that person or situation,  and it about survival  from that point on.. YOu have  to look out for you  dnt let the person/sitution who shook your hand dictate the  how to do buisness". Every thing is 50/50, this  is  the pc arena a utopia  of hungry devs and great games..  1-2 publisher  devs dnt mean  dam thing when you have  over 250K devs if not 1 million devs in the pc  arena to make  money  with.

 

 I hate to drag this on further.. But a few  words  i live by and  tell a  few young co worker and  youngster today.. "The more hands you  have putting inthe pot the more pots you  have to buys , Dont worry about  the color those hands are and  who is who . just worry about the more pots to buy becuase when you give others a opportunity you will  see success!!

 

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 1 of 16 (313 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/05/2011
Offline
291 posts
 

Re: Evil devs... Kill ing 2 birds with one stone??

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

Um Console is more profitable then PC do to cheap hardware and mass production/sales of games. PC is more Original because anyone can desgin for PC.

 

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 2 of 16 (305 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
6871 posts
 

Re: Evil devs... Kill ing 2 birds with one stone??

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

balmungfury wrote:

Um Console is more profitable then PC do to cheap hardware and mass production/sales of games. PC is more Original because anyone can desgin for PC.

 


 i beg to  differ in  a way but  respect your  points..  yes it true to we all  can get  a latop  for  350$ which is the  low end..   but  if want something thats going to play good games and not just  pop cap games(no offence to anyone)..  You  will need to  spend 2-3K$ or better on  a pc.

 

PC  games make mass money..  I mean a ton of money, more than any console game could make. Alot  of  pc games are micro trans action , some have 30 milion users. some have 5 million players and alot of these games are not  as good  the  console games in any department but still pull in   5-20million  dollars a year or per game.  So this goes to point games are cheaper to make but  make great revenue.. this actaully help devs.

 

 I cant rememebr the name of the  franchise but its been around for 10-20 yrs on  pc and  they are  not hurting for any money. They dont need console profits. Not all pc games make less than console games.. I think the sim makes good money on  pc.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 3 of 16 (291 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/05/2011
Offline
291 posts
 

Re: Evil devs... Kill ing 2 birds with one stone??

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

balmungfury wrote:

Um Console is more profitable then PC do to cheap hardware and mass production/sales of games. PC is more Original because anyone can desgin for PC.

 


 i beg to  differ in  a way..  yes it true to we all  can get  a latop  for  350$ which is the  low end..   but  if want somethng thats going to play good  games  and  not just  pop cap games(no offence to anyone)..  You  will need to  spend 2-3K$ or better on  a pc.

PC  games make mass money..  I mean a ton of money, more than any console game could make. .  Alot games are micro trans action on pc, some have 30 milion users. some have 5 million players and alot of these are not  as good  the  console games in any department but still pull in   5-20million  dollars a year or per game.  So this goes to point games are cheaper to make but  make great revenue.. this actaully help devs.

 

 I cant rememebr the name of the  franchise but its been around for 10-20 yrs on  pc and  they are  not hurting for any money. They dont need console profits. Not pc games make ess than console games.. I think the sim makes good money on  pc.


$2-3k lol build it yourself and M$ fiscal years http://www.microsoft.com/investor/reports/ar12/financial-review/index.html

 

 

Edit EA http://investor.ea.com/ar2012/HTML2/electronic_arts-2012_0148.htm?irow=43

 

 

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 4 of 16 (284 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/01/2013
Offline
26 posts
 

Re: Evil devs... Kill ing 2 birds with one stone??

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

You don't need 2-3k to play PC games lololololol. Where do people get this from? I spent 400 on a starter build a couple years ago then put 300 dollars more into it over three years and I played games just fine. Lol. 2k lol.

Message 5 of 16 (274 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/05/2011
Offline
291 posts
 

Re: Evil devs... Kill ing 2 birds with one stone??

Jun 8, 2013

O41291 wrote:
You don't need 2-3k to play PC games lololololol. Where do people get this from? I spent 400 on a starter build a couple years ago the put 300 dollars more into it over three years and I played games just fine. Lol. 2k lol.

info on your build if I may?

Mine is i7 3770k@3.4 mhz gtx 680 4gb ASUS Maximus V mobo WD green 2tb 120gb SSD 16 gb 2133 mhz RAM H80i liq cooler for OC'ing yeah kinda was $3k but all newly released components tho.

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 6 of 16 (257 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
6871 posts
 

Re: Evil devs... Kill ing 2 birds with one stone??

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

balmungfury wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

balmungfury wrote:

Um Console is more profitable then PC do to cheap hardware and mass production/sales of games. PC is more Original because anyone can desgin for PC.

 


 i beg to  differ in  a way..  yes it true to we all  can get  a latop  for  350$ which is the  low end..   but  if want somethng thats going to play good  games  and  not just  pop cap games(no offence to anyone)..  You  will need to  spend 2-3K$ or better on  a pc.

PC  games make mass money..  I mean a ton of money, more than any console game could make. .  Alot games are micro trans action on pc, some have 30 milion users. some have 5 million players and alot of these are not  as good  the  console games in any department but still pull in   5-20million  dollars a year or per game.  So this goes to point games are cheaper to make but  make great revenue.. this actaully help devs.

 

 I cant rememebr the name of the  franchise but its been around for 10-20 yrs on  pc and  they are  not hurting for any money. They dont need console profits. Not pc games make ess than console games.. I think the sim makes good money on  pc.


$2-3k lol build it yourself and M$ fiscal years http://www.microsoft.com/investor/reports/ar12/financial-review/index.html

 

 

Edit EA http://investor.ea.com/ar2012/HTML2/electronic_arts-2012_0148.htm?irow=43

 

 


 Anyone can say build it your self and you save money that is actaully false, you lose  value when build it your self becuase the  whole point  you'll need to upgrade it after some time. Doesnt matter what it is.. Upgrading dont come cheap, alot people  go with  what   does about the same and what they can afford,. That does not mean  your getting value, you actually losing  value becuase they made the expensive parts like thay did for  a reason. Just becuase it does  the same mean doesnt it  is the same in value and  lasting  ability.

 

 You dont  have to show  me ea/activision profits i know they are   billion dollar publishers, but that does not make   them great and  must have in gaming to operate and  successful and only  way under the sun..    Heres a story you may have heard before.. Rockstar games devs  came  from  pc.. those guys  where living in same apart ment . sleeping on the  floor, turned out (made)  grand theft auto1 it stayed on uk  pc games charts for 3-4  years  number 1. Sony got the game  and rockstar games on a contract gave them a budget for  gta 3 and rest is history.. They are billion dollar AAAA  publisher today..  So in  small,   sony has found great pc devs and turned / helped turn them into million/billioniares dev companies from their own hard work in a partnership not just once but mant times.. they can do same on pc or those indy devs there.. which is  the  whole point im making, sony has a sercurity team, they dont need to dmr/ or w.e it called why?   Just  set up a  digital game rebuy program  for their own games and  ea/ activison the same for their own with their own revnue not sonys.  They dont  need to bow to any demands to hurt profits and be out of biz by ea/ activision and like greed of second sales.

 

 They dont need ea/ activision and those oppressors like  publisher devs  dictating anything for their own pockets.If they want  that 2nd game sale money then set a program on their own  web sites or place of  buisness   to let gamers  sell them  back digitally or physically.    Everyone know drm or w/e it called  is  going kill m$.  Nintendo didnt do it, now look  at them struggling to make  sales with no 3rd party  support. How is that right to ruin another man company for own pockets.??

 

 If was me i wouldnt  do it either, i dont blame  nintendo, 3rd party  support be dammed.. If I heavlly invested in sercurity team for my company for everone in it  like sony has done , then i dont need a outsider telling me  about mouse traps and how to use them to better anything.. I dont care how much money they have made.   Success come from hard work and dedication from  your own formula not  someone bigger than you  barking demands and drastc change for their own  benifits or should i say greed.

 

lIke said  pc games can make  money  under sony umbrella and they have. Ea/activion are not only way under thae sun becuase they  hae the most money.. Go look at the reputation of both and let me  know which better to make deal with?..   I'd take the indie devs every single time over them two becuase money is money at the end of the  day.  They are after greed and to kill consoles for the sake of greed . I dont see it anyother way!! It happening right before your eyes..its not a joke

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 7 of 16 (247 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/05/2011
Offline
291 posts
 

Re: Evil devs... Kill ing 2 birds with one stone??

Jun 8, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

balmungfury wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

balmungfury wrote:

Um Console is more profitable then PC do to cheap hardware and mass production/sales of games. PC is more Original because anyone can desgin for PC.

 


 i beg to  differ in  a way..  yes it true to we all  can get  a latop  for  350$ which is the  low end..   but  if want somethng thats going to play good  games  and  not just  pop cap games(no offence to anyone)..  You  will need to  spend 2-3K$ or better on  a pc.

PC  games make mass money..  I mean a ton of money, more than any console game could make. .  Alot games are micro trans action on pc, some have 30 milion users. some have 5 million players and alot of these are not  as good  the  console games in any department but still pull in   5-20million  dollars a year or per game.  So this goes to point games are cheaper to make but  make great revenue.. this actaully help devs.

 

 I cant rememebr the name of the  franchise but its been around for 10-20 yrs on  pc and  they are  not hurting for any money. They dont need console profits. Not pc games make ess than console games.. I think the sim makes good money on  pc.


$2-3k lol build it yourself and M$ fiscal years http://www.microsoft.com/investor/reports/ar12/financial-review/index.html

 

 

Edit EA http://investor.ea.com/ar2012/HTML2/electronic_arts-2012_0148.htm?irow=43

 

 


 Anyone can say build it your self and you save money that is actaully false, you lose  value when build it your self becuase the  whole point  you'll need to upgrade it after some time. Doesnt matter what it is.. Upgrading dont come cheap, alot people  go with  what   does about the same and what they can afford,. That does not mean  your getting value, you actually losing  value becuase they made the expensive parts like thay did for  a reason. Just becuase it does  the same mean doesnt it  is the same in value and  lasting  ability.

 

 You dont  have to show  me ea/activision profits i know they are   billion dollar publishers, but that does not make   them great and  must have in gaming to operate and  successful and only  way under the sun..    Heres a story you may have heard before.. Rockstar games devs  came  from  pc.. those guys  where living in same apart ment . sleeping on the  floor, turned out (made)  grand theft auto1 it stayed on uk  pc games charts for 3-4  years  number 1. Sony got the game  and rockstar games on a contract gave them a budget for  gta 3 and rest is history.. They are billion dollar AAAA  publisher today..  So in  small,   sony has found great pc devs and turned / helped turn them into million/billioniares dev companies from their own hard work in a partnership not just once but mant times.. they can do same on pc or those indy devs there.. which is  the  whole point im making, sony has a sercurity team, they dont need to dmr/ or w.e it called why?   Just  set up a  digital game rebuy program  for their own games and  ea/ activison the same for their own with their own revnue not sonys.  They dont  need to bow to any demands to hurt profits and be out of biz by ea/ activision and like greed of second sales.

 

 They dont need ea/ activision and those oppressors like  publisher devs  dictating anything for their own pockets.If they want  that 2nd game sale money then set a program on their own  web sites or place of  buisness   to let gamers  sell them  back digitally or physically.    Everyone know drm or w/e it called  is  going kill m$.  Nintendo didnt do it, now look  at them struggling to make  sales with no 3rd party  support. How is that right to ruin another man company for own pockets.??

 

 If was me i wouldnt  do it either, i dont blame  nintendo, 3rd party  support be dammed.. If I heavlly invested in sercurity team for my company for everone in it  like sony has done , then i dont need a outsider telling me  about mouse traps and how to use them to better anything.. I dont care how much money they have made.   Success come from hard work and dedication from  your own formula not  someone bigger than you  barking demands and drastc change for their own  benifits or should i say greed.

 

lIke said  pc games can make  money  under sony umbrella and they have. Ea/activion are not only way under thae sun becuase they  hae the most money.. Go look at the reputation of both and let me  know which better to make deal with?..   I'd take the indie devs every single time over them two becuase money is money at the end of the  day.  They are after greed and to kill consoles for the sake of greed . I dont see it anyother way!! It happening right before your eyes..its not a joke


Many thing you say are not true some are but more importantly, it is entirely to hard to understand you work on your english some. However I digress, as it is time to debunk your statements. Building yourself does indeed lower cost of PC as most people who offer custom Pc charge service fee and fees just for their name. Apple anyone? Upgrading is costly if you are trying to buy the latest model whatever so if you do not want latest buy another previous model ,futhermore sell your old hardware there is a market for that. As for the profits you have lost me. Rockstar was PC now its Console and makes more profit hence, Console is more profitable. For the rest I had mentioned no comments I believe and will wait holding the ban hammer over M$ like everyone else. Kansei Shouri Seikai Seifuku Neo Zeon Banzai.

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 8 of 16 (233 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/01/2013
Offline
26 posts
 

Re: Evil devs... Kill ing 2 birds with one stone??

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

Phenom II X6 1055T, 8GB Ram, GTS 450. I never had a problem playing any game for years now. Consoles helped in the need of upgrading since multi platform titles weren't exactly that heavy on resources. I played Counter-Strike competitively for a while till I started to distrust ESEA and then the whole bitcoin fiasco happened and I sold my PC recently to get a ps3 to start gaming on console again. You don't need to upgrade as often as so many people suggested. And you don't need to buy Intel and high end gpus... The next upgrade I was planning before I sold my PC was a 650ti which is in the 100-200 dollar range which is cheap.. People spend over 120 a year on CoD and it's DLC so it's absurd to say PC gaming is costly.

Message 9 of 16 (217 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/05/2011
Offline
291 posts
 

Re: Evil devs... Kill ing 2 birds with one stone??

Jun 8, 2013
^ Someone give this guy MVP!
我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 10 of 16 (213 Views)
Reply
0 Likes